Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 11:36:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Email for coin  (Read 167 times)
pCqV92jluSzOMUDi3CYmObKAb (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:04:20 PM

Hi,

• Should I use 1 email for all or 1 coin?. Eg: 1@1.1 for Bitcoin, 2@2.2 for Ethereum, ... or allinone@email for Bitcoin, Ethereum, ....
  • Should I use Gmail or secure email like ProtonMail, Tutanota for coins?
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:15:14 PM

Hi,

• Should I use 1 email for all or 1 coin?. Eg: 1@1.1 for Bitcoin, 2@2.2 for Ethereum, ... or allinone@email for Bitcoin, Ethereum, ....

What exactly do you mean? Bitcoin nor Ethereum is stored in a mail account. They're stored on adresses. I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to here?

You want to use a different email for each exchange, or something along those lines? Would be better for your privacy, not so much for your security. ( But most exchanges have a KYC policy so i guess it doesn't really matter.)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:32:21 PM

Hi,

What exactly do you mean? Bitcoin nor Ethereum is stored in a mail account. They're stored on adresses. I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to here?

You want to use a different email for each exchange, or something along those lines? Would be better for your privacy, not so much for your security. ( But most exchanges have a KYC policy so i guess it doesn't really matter.)

Eg:

AIO@email.com for

OR

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3258

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:11:19 PM

Just as it is safer to use a different password for each account, it is also safer to use a different email and user-name for each account. This applies to all online accounts, and not just cryptocurrency accounts.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Joe1987

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:48:18 PM

Its better to create email for each account. Don't keep all eggs in one basket. And use really strong passwords with 16+ characters using low and up case and 0-9 with special symbols. Dont keep passwords in one doc or save it in encrypted archive or something else. And better to do it on usb without any information on your pc
Dropcarve

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:15:13 AM

Use different email for each acc

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:17:51 AM

Just as it is safer to use a different password for each account, it is also safer to use a different email and user-name for each account. This applies to all online accounts, and not just cryptocurrency accounts.

Its better to create email for each account. Don't keep all eggs in one basket. And use really strong passwords with 16+ characters using low and up case and 0-9 with special symbols. Dont keep passwords in one doc or save it in encrypted archive or something else. And better to do it on usb without any information on your pc

Use different email for each acc

Thank you guys.
RektEx

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 10:07:11 PM

Hi,

I use one email for most of my trading except my fiat account. I use 2fa for everything.

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:01:24 AM

I use one email for most of my trading except my fiat account. I use 2fa for everything.

Another solution. Thanks.
ovisovyant1

Activity: 80
Merit: 11

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:49:40 AM

No email can store your coin, you have to create an account from the coin wallet service, you can create a wallet account or some that support the type of coin you use

ThreeForty

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:28:47 PM

Be careful with two many emails/password etc.  Its easy to forget or lose a credential.  Some of the more secured email services also will delete old emails if you do a password revocery

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:35:37 PM

No email can store your coin, you have to create an account from the coin wallet service, you can create a wallet account or some that support the type of coin you use
Wallet service need email to register, right?

What I mean here is 1 email for many wallets or 1 email for 1 wallet?

Thanks.

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:58:48 PM

Be careful with two many emails/password etc.  Its easy to forget or lose a credential.  Some of the more secured email services also will delete old emails if you do a password revocery

Password manager like LastPass, DashLane, RoboForm, ... can help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: