Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:48:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining at €0.04 ($0.048974) / kWh  (Read 158 times)
crynvestor (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:25:05 PM

I have the possibility through a friend of mine. What coins would you recommend to mine at these rates?

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makomako

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

altcom Aa4DWXQjrcEA8gPBLkx6t9VgCuWoCo1myE

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:48:58 PM

I have the possibility through a friend of mine. What coins would you recommend to mine at these rates?

coin you can mine actually depends on your GPU and what project you believe in, i suggest to do a lot of research first  Grin

crynvestor (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:09:13 PM

coin you can mine actually depends on your GPU and what project you believe in, i suggest to do a lot of research first  Grin
Well compared to mining at €0.20+ / kWh here that's a dream lol, the GPU aren't the problem, if they still work after a year you get them 'for free'.
I've done some research in the past but was just hoping for some advice from some more experienced miners!
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:40:36 PM

buy the coin, dont waste your time, right now is the best time to buy.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
crynvestor (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:59:39 PM

buy the coin, dont waste your time, right now is the best time to buy.
Well can't argue with that. But given' mining is actually always a process of waiting at least a year after you mine it... I got 2 ETH stuck in an address for which I forgot the password that I mined for like 50$ on genesismining almost 2 years ago. I was glad I finally found my password when eth was 400$... Guess what I did... damn would've had 3 times for what I've sold a darn month ago... Discount time okay, but the growth has been too much lol
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:13:43 PM

What coins would you recommend to mine at these rates?
The difference between the most power hungry algos and the least demanding ones is noticeable but usually isn't the deciding factor when selecting what coins to mine. You first figure out what hardware you can buy for the money you're willing to invest, then find the most profitable coins to mine while keeping the power consumption in mind (or not — if the electricity is cheap). It's almost impossible to buy any GPUs in most parts of the world right now, so you'll first have to find something to mine with and only then worry about nuances like power consumption.  Smiley
crynvestor (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:51:45 PM

What coins would you recommend to mine at these rates?
The difference between the most power hungry algos and the least demanding ones is noticeable but usually isn't the deciding factor when selecting what coins to mine. You first figure out what hardware you can buy for the money you're willing to invest, then find the most profitable coins to mine while keeping the power consumption in mind (or not — if the electricity is cheap). It's almost impossible to buy any GPUs in most parts of the world right now, so you'll first have to find something to mine with and only then worry about nuances like power consumption.  Smiley
Are video cards really that hard to get by these days? I'm sorry, my mining research dates from more than 6 months ago hehe Smiley
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 11:21:59 PM

As of today , all crypto coin lost the value by 20%-30%-40%-50% because of a news come out , that the South Korea , The country, which had been a big player in the cryptocurrency boom, is now considering a full shutdown of all crypto coin exchanges,  they government was preparing a law to close all the nation’s exchanges.

im sure if the coins price going lower or staying on this level , soon its going to be much easier to get VGA cards Wink but yes as today its not easy to get vga cards ...

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
VegasJeff

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:31:56 PM

Check out whattomine.com and you can input your electricity cost and video cards and it will tell you what is currently the most profitable to mine.
crynvestor (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:36:38 PM

Check out whattomine.com and you can input your electricity cost and video cards and it will tell you what is currently the most profitable to mine.
Yes, it's the one I use to check it all hehe. Had been toying with the idea of having some settings preset and choose daily (/hourly) to mine the currency most profitable. But then again, most profit made with mining (as with trading) is mostly just hodling. Or having luck if you sell and buy at the right times.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: