Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:01:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People paying $1200 for 1 Ethereum are crazy... You only get rich buying CHEAP  (Read 2219 times)
Cryptotina

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:11:49 PM

I think they pay such amount of money to buy Ethereum because it will increase possibly to btc current price, though it will take time. I believe in the idea to buy cheap, sell high. But then again, not so bad to invest at high price for higher price. To me its logic
pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:16:04 PM

is eth a good price now?
Yes, the currently price of ethereum is a good time to buy and hold it for a long time. If you still remember what happened to bitcoin theres a chance that it can happen also to ethereum from 1,200$ today to $10k next year.
not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:36:31 PM

Your point does make sense in gains because if one invest in ETH they need to wait for months to get atleast 2X. Instead they can take some risk and invest in cheap coins or ICOs to grab multi fold returns. Higher risk can get you higher rewards. This is what I think.

MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:42:04 PM

"No one knows if the market is going to go up, down, or in a circle"

It's mainly because of fomo and people thinking that they are going to miss out. Also, BTC was worth a lot lower in the past, but now its above 10k.

I'm guessing ETH investors now are looking long-term, and I can't fault them for that because I think there's a good chance eth will be 10k, and btc 50k by the end of the year.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1508

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:42:18 PM

Verge and Tron are totally different coins. I agree ETH has not much potential because it found its value now but people hold ETH because it's strong now. Same people hold Bitcoin for similar reasons, not to make another 100x. It has the store of value purpose now.
If you want to make huge gains you should check out lower marketcap coins just like you said, Metaverse, might be the next big one. I don't heard much about it though.
I agree with your NEO pick. It has much more room to grow than ETH and BTC.
gikere

Activity: 171
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:50:13 PM

So I made x30 with Verge and Tron. Also made x20 with some other coins. I like to buy cheap and sell for a great price and I made a little fortune in only a few months.

Now I look at ETH. Its very high. Why people would buy it now? Before you ever make a dollar all the people that bought ETH for $5, $10 or even $0.25 will cash out their thousands of ETH. Its a classic pyramid scheme.

Is there any alternatives to ETH that are still cheap today? I really like Metaverse and its very, very cheap. They just hired more programmers too and are stepping up their game, so it might get really big. Is there any others than Metaverse that could be the next Neo or ETH?

Neo is not that bad at $150 even because I think it might grow as huge as ETH is now, so meaning it would get maybe to $1000. Thats not a huge profit if it works out, its *8. But its better than buying ETH at least.

Anyway.

Any good alternatives to NEO and ETH that are still cheap like Metaverse (its at 100m market cap)?

Can be from china or japan or any other country... THANKS!

Manipulate, fake rumour and hype up news like the recent ETH fork. I know sound stupid but many newbies with little knowledge will be lure in.
rain_wins

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:05:34 PM

Ethereum is widely accepted, NEO is china based which doesn't look good in the current situation with all of this bans and regulations.
Yos Sudarso

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Vacation rentals platform powered by CryptoDNA®

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:16:32 PM

interesting lesson i get here
but to do what OP said is too risky
if we want just trade with less profit, ETH can be a choices
low movement but safe is a good choices
join an ICO is risky if we dont know the basic knowledge

mountrock

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:54:53 PM

There should be balance here. I bought undervalued coins with good fundamental but also I bought more established ones as well.  I use Eth to purchasing ICO. I think eth will be just ordinary coin in the near future due to competition. I noticed lots of eth fanatics in the crypto world too, that might help a bit. I think most of top 200 coins today will be unpopular in the future.
Cryptoprobro

Activity: 179

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:17:51 PM

Many people are forced to buy Ethereum, since this is almost the only way to participate in ICO projects.
pstraene

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:38:58 PM

In 2014 I bought BTC for $ 500 and many said I'm stupid. In 2016, I bought eth for $ 3 and people said I'm stupid.
and they were right. I was stupid ! I would have had to buy a lot more Crypto then I would have an island in the caribic
marinko9

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:39:52 PM

I will buy it too because I believe it will rise furthermore...
iRunShow

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:57:53 PM

Unironically, I believe in ENG. it’s under the radar and gaining traction. Go do some research.
Cryptodaddy05

Activity: 252
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:15:02 PM

"You only get rich buying CHEAP"

Here we have the classic situation risk versus reward.
You could hit a ICO with x30 price but you may not. While ETH is expensive but more secure.

Well said. OP is probably correct that you won’t get ‘rich’ buying ETH at current prices compared to potential returns from well-selected more recent coins and ICO’s with lower market caps, although you won’t get poor either as you will with the many coins and ICO’s that are poor selections. OP is wrong however to be so disparaging towards ETH as though an increase in price is the only way to judge a coin, when as another poster noted about half the top 100 coins by market cap are built on ETH smart contracts and ETH is used extensively to transfer money and buy into most ICO’s and ETH has a great founder and Foundation and will steadily increase modestly in value.

For the record my guess for 2018 is to finish with about a $1.75 trillion Total Market Cap, with ETH up 2-3x at low risk and good coins like REQ XRB ARK Zcoin and WAVES up 10-20x at medium risk and like this year there will be coins and ICO’s up 100-1000x but at high risk to predict.

Hello to Viper 🐍 - sorry Viser & Kavad 🍺
Saimabutterfly

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:58:43 PM

Ether is not that cheap what it was few months ago, Its quickly making its name in the market. Expect more high price soon.  Grin

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 11:27:29 PM

ether potency is very high unlike other potentially low altcoins with little trustworthiness ,dont say like that I'm not a crazy buys without calculation well I bought eth at the time of $1,200 ,not the ugliness that I get just the delayed profit ,you can see ether has a special position in the community and the development team also does't remain silent to advance the ether

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
sollahp

Activity: 120
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:46:08 AM

Who can know about the future ? That's why you have to pay 1k2$ for each ETH in case you don't want to spend more than that for each ETH in the future.

Hawaii2020

Activity: 112
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:07:29 PM

ether potency is very high unlike other potentially low altcoins with little trustworthiness ,dont say like that I'm not a crazy buys without calculation well I bought eth at the time of $1,200 ,not the ugliness that I get just the delayed profit ,you can see ether has a special position in the community and the development team also does't remain silent to advance the ether

My friend if you bought ETH at $1200 then you need to end this madness now. Betting on a dead dog will never bring you luck. Have you researched the gold rush times? The dotcom bubble? The stockcrashes? Always those where the MASSES went in crashed the hardest. ALWAYS. While there still is many amazing cheap coins where you can easily double, triple, x10, x50 or even x1000 your money if you are lucky.

In ETH you now only have the DOWNSIDE but no upside. There is millions of people holding thousands, ten thousands, 100 thousands of ETH because they got them for $5 or $0.50 and they will ALL sell before you. How can you ever make a win? Just think about it. I just do not want you to lose any more money in overpriced shitcoins that have no real world value and where all future potential IS ALREADY IN THE EXTREMELY HIGH PRICE.

Only case I am wrong and you will x50 your money in ETH is if tomorrow USA, CHINA and EUROPE announce they cancel their currencies and switch to ETH. You think that will happen? Then stay in ETH! Good luck.
Hawaii2020

Activity: 112
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:33:49 AM

So there is 10.000s, 100.000s of people who got eth much cheaper than you..... Does this not bother people? Its the best way to destroy your precious, proud, lovely money warriors with this shitcoin that HALTS blockchain innovation.

The ETH Devs are lazy, why dont you guys go in promising new projects and with your money, give them the chance to do a better job than ETH and be one of the earliest investors and make x1000 your money so its happy and full of joy and you too?

Can split it over 5, 10 projects so you have small amounts in each, the giant profits will in any case be way more than anything ETH could ever give you now.
lordzc

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:40:20 AM

If the price of the entire market had not fallen, the friend who opened the door could be right. But in the end the entire market falls and the ETH nin falls normal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: