Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:04:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People paying $1200 for 1 Ethereum are crazy... You only get rich buying CHEAP  (Read 2223 times)
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:00:27 AM

I thought of this as well.  I mean if you want to 5x, you need ETH to 5x itself etc.
Hawaii2020

Activity: 112
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:55:07 PM

some may decide to still buy coins at high prices because they think it is a safer investment

did these people not go to school, never learn about millionaires and how to win?
At the end it depends on what you are looking, some are looking to make fortunes with crypto but some other are just looking for better returns than the ones the stock market can give, the stock market can give something between 6 to 10 percent per year and bitcoin and ethereum give way better returns than that, so that may be enough for them since they are not willing to take greater risks.

yeah i can understand your point. but the risk part makes no sense at all. everyone who bought bitcoin at $20k or eth recently at $1400 only lost money. even mcdonalds makes more money. so does amazon. those are established companies and have very low risk. eth is somewhat established but in an always changing, developing market where every day new, better technologies than eth can come out. its the highest risk in such a market to go into the expensive projects as dotcom bubble has proven. thats where 95% of the value can get taken out.

there is many small, low cap coins now where you basically have a guaranteed return of x2, x3, x5, i mean many icos already make that, PLUS you have the upside of being able to make x50,x100 or even x1000 if you are really lucky and early. with almost no risks of losing everything as in eth.
numpadxx5

Activity: 431
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 01:28:59 AM

I can see you are a still a newbie in investing and trading. ETH will keep raising as long as people use it for payments, ICOs and so on.
I agree , almost all ICO is using ETH for payment that's why it will raise high, i wouldn't be surprise if it reaches 2k$ next yr. ETH is one of the trusted coin and you can really be rich if you invest it long enough.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:38:34 AM

I can see you are a still a newbie in investing and trading. ETH will keep raising as long as people use it for payments, ICOs and so on.
I agree , almost all ICO is using ETH for payment that's why it will raise high, i wouldn't be surprise if it reaches 2k$ next yr. ETH is one of the trusted coin and you can really be rich if you invest it long enough.

not all ico's uses etherium because some ico do also use waves and other types of platform under their coins/tokens but majority of them are still erc20 under etherium , thats why etherium can possibly pump because of these although it could take a lot of time due to the fact that eth growth is kinda bit slower when compared to bitcoin despite its demand that it gets from the public however eth is kinda stable and seems substantial in the long run.
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:47:13 AM

I agree that. People buying $20000 worth bitcoin was as crazy too. I kept warning people that its crazy to buy around these points for high profits. So this kind of people crashed the market after seeing -%xx reds.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:27:58 AM

some may decide to still buy coins at high prices because they think it is a safer investment

did these people not go to school, never learn about millionaires and how to win?
At the end it depends on what you are looking, some are looking to make fortunes with crypto but some other are just looking for better returns than the ones the stock market can give, the stock market can give something between 6 to 10 percent per year and bitcoin and ethereum give way better returns than that, so that may be enough for them since they are not willing to take greater risks.

yeah i can understand your point. but the risk part makes no sense at all. everyone who bought bitcoin at $20k or eth recently at $1400 only lost money. even mcdonalds makes more money. so does amazon. those are established companies and have very low risk. eth is somewhat established but in an always changing, developing market where every day new, better technologies than eth can come out. its the highest risk in such a market to go into the expensive projects as dotcom bubble has proven. thats where 95% of the value can get taken out.

there is many small, low cap coins now where you basically have a guaranteed return of x2, x3, x5, i mean many icos already make that, PLUS you have the upside of being able to make x50,x100 or even x1000 if you are really lucky and early. with almost no risks of losing everything as in eth.
That is the issue, yes you can make a lot more money with icos and with cheap altcoins but the risk the coins go to zero is quite high, more than 90% of the blockchain projects fail in less than a year, ETH may be down right now and the same is true for any major coin but the chances it goes to zero is very low compared to a new project that is why the risk is lesser than with the other altcoins.
Hawaii2020

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:48:04 PM

That is the issue, yes you can make a lot more money with icos and with cheap altcoins but the risk the coins go to zero is quite high, more than 90% of the blockchain projects fail in less than a year, ETH may be down right now and the same is true for any major coin but the chances it goes to zero is very low compared to a new project that is why the risk is lesser than with the other altcoins.

the risk of ETH going to zero is much greater than some small altcoin going to zero. times have changed and now any small project will usually get thrown millions of dollar at. this was different a year, two years ago when they were all struggeling.

so now its a very small chance for a small project to go to zero just because they have so much money. why should they leave, scam people or quit? where else can they make so much money?

having vitalik butin be worth $100bn is the insane stuff here, many smaller devs still arent worth $1m... you realize the difference? of course not everyone will deliver something great but same can be said about vitalik, now he seems to mostly give his money away instead of working hard.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:12:24 PM

the risk of ETH going to zero is much greater than some small altcoin going to zero. times have changed and now any small project will usually get thrown millions of dollar at. this was different a year, two years ago when they were all struggeling.

so now its a very small chance for a small project to go to zero just because they have so much money. why should they leave, scam people or quit? where else can they make so much money?

having vitalik butin be worth $100bn is the insane stuff here, many smaller devs still arent worth $1m... you realize the difference? of course not everyone will deliver something great but same can be said about vitalik, now he seems to mostly give his money away instead of working hard.

Vitalik is not really doing anything special. he stole the idea which was already around and built something around it which is full of issues. you know he was pushing to build it on bitcoin but thankfully he was shut down. and the only reason he is worth whatever billion dollar is because he premined the shit out of ethereum!

i fear for the future of it though. it is hyped up and it seems to have little chance of going down (despite what you said) but it has lots of issues as i said and with things like Rootstock (which is practically going to do what ethereum does but for free and on top of bitcoin) it will lose its place!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Hawaii2020

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:37:04 PM

Vitalik is not really doing anything special. he stole the idea which was already around and built something around it which is full of issues. you know he was pushing to build it on bitcoin but thankfully he was shut down. and the only reason he is worth whatever billion dollar is because he premined the shit out of ethereum!

i fear for the future of it though. it is hyped up and it seems to have little chance of going down (despite what you said) but it has lots of issues as i said and with things like Rootstock (which is practically going to do what ethereum does but for free and on top of bitcoin) it will lose its place!

rootstock seems interesting, are they making good progress? can the tokens be generated, mined or bought already?
Iggor

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:17:01 PM

It is not a classic pyramid scheme. It is a very good period for crypto and don't think that you will get gains like this forever. There are many types of investors. From small er ones like you and me to big ones. If you invest 1 billion dollars it would be ok to make 2 more billions dollars. Multiplying Bitcoins make some rich people very rich now. So investing in Ethereum is still a good investment. If you had a 100 million dollars what would you do?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:36:34 PM

Well, it's a trusted coin. Won't give you x100 profit, won't give you x100 loss.

The choice is yours. Just don't call people crazy for thinking a bit about their investments.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
Bencus

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:11:23 PM

ETH is a form of payment, I believe plenty of people buys ETH to invest into ICOs. So not all of them are crazy to do that, as its not the purpose of their actions to ETH to go up significantly.
ICOs do pretty much the same you want your currencies for. So I would say no, they are not all crazy.
muenze (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:36:22 AM

It looks like ETH is pretty much some old horse still running the race. People should just let die and make room for the new.

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
muenze (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 11:31:38 AM

Well, it's a trusted coin. Won't give you x100 profit, won't give you x100 loss.

The choice is yours. Just don't call people crazy for thinking a bit about their investments.

Its odd you say "think". If you always put your money where everyone goes you are sure to lose. Why do you think only such few 0,% of the world are filthy rich? Its because they created/found new markets and conquered them. ETH is a dead, old horse.

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
cryptomeo

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:54:03 PM

Ethereum valuation is quite correlated to BTC, so do almost all the crypto. People just buying on FOMO. When the market dump, 99% of the people got freaked out. The current market is a testing time. Only those that believe in crypto and blockchain will be rich.
crypto_futurer

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:04:13 PM

he people who bought Ethereum are far from crazy people. Such people are very far-sighted and know that their investments will pay off many times, regardless of the purchase price. You just invest with a high risk of loss, and they are with the moderate.
Marahunter

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:20:19 PM

I think Eth and Bitcoin has a very unique status having been recognized not to be securities unlike a lot of the crypto projects out there. And now is a fairly decent time to purchase eth, the premier blockchain platforms will go as high as $1 trillion when the market goes mainstream
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:44:51 PM

It looks like ETH is pretty much some old horse still running the race. People should just let die and make room for the new.
Ethereum is not going to die, however I agree when you say the price is very high even at the current prices I will not buy ethereum, if your goals are to earn a lot of money not a single of the top coins should be in your radar and you should invest most of your money in coins below the top 100 in terms of market cap, that is a risky play but one that can give great benefits if you invest early in a coin.
bestcoins1

Activity: 2254
Merit: 726

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 11:49:18 PM

Ethereum valuation is quite correlated to BTC, so do almost all the crypto. People just buying on FOMO. When the market dump, 99% of the people got freaked out. The current market is a testing time. Only those that believe in crypto and blockchain will be rich.
yeah not only ethereum, i think all the crypto valuation is correlated to BTC. today BTC price is fall, and yea ethereum is also fall. but i hear about the system upgrade fo ethereum in the near future. these news will make eth price pump again Wink

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Maricurijohn

Activity: 294
Merit: 8

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:06:52 AM

That was before, now if paying $ 1200 to ETH probably will not happen, the ETH price is less than $ 500. And you can buy them anywhere with cheap rates.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: