Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:35:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought Ethereum around the New Year high - What to do now?  (Read 186 times)
Messorem_Crypto (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:56:23 PM

I chose to jump on the bandwagon at an obviously terrible time. Invested 1k in Ethereum when the price was relatively high after the New Year.

Now the market is bearish (and looks like it could be for a while), what's the best course of action? Liquidate ETH, cut my losses and buy altcoins whilst they're at their bearish price? Bear in mind I was only planning on holding altcoins for around 6-9 months.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Messorem.
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:09:09 PM

Ethereum is King and it will be King until some other platform surpasses it in adoption. I don't see it happening in the forthcoming months. Eth is the only project that deserves its value in this bubbly market, I think.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:18:22 PM

Ethereum is King and it will be King until some other platform surpasses it in adoption. I don't see it happening in the forthcoming months. Eth is the only project that deserves its value in this bubbly market, I think.

Hear this guy, is a smart one, I have been in crypto since 2011 and i must say that eth is the path forward for cryptocoins, do not give in, cause if you do  then you will regret it.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
madtea

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:26:06 PM

Just relax. The best thing I can suggest right now is go watch (if you have some free time) the BIG short.
PetrovichCoinMaster

Activity: 224
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:38:53 PM

I also purchased Ethereum at a high price, you will also receive a certain amount of mining. The main thing is not to panic and just to wait it out.
dinoloverpete

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:42:03 PM

I chose to jump on the bandwagon at an obviously terrible time. Invested 1k in Ethereum when the price was relatively high after the New Year.

Now the market is bearish (and looks like it could be for a while), what's the best course of action? Liquidate ETH, cut my losses and buy altcoins whilst they're at their bearish price? Bear in mind I was only planning on holding altcoins for around 6-9 months.

Messorem.

Unless I'm mistaken I would've thought you will still be in a profit even now? Eth is holding up better than most and generally people are very bullish about its future. If your original plan was to hold for 6-9 months then stick to that plan. Trust me, in 6-9 months you'll be glad that you did.

ceremonita

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:44:50 PM

Hear this guy, is a smart one, I have been in crypto since 2011 and i must say that eth is the path forward for cryptocoins, do not give in, cause if you do  then you will regret it.

Nice to hear positive comments about ethereum from experienced crypto guys. I also won't sell my ether during this price crash and I will hold them until 2021 year.
Mary_Swift

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:53:17 PM

I also purchased Ethereum at a high price, you will also receive a certain amount of mining. The main thing is not to panic and just to wait it out.
Yeah, don't worry anf hold on. Ethereum will show everyone what it is capable of.
Pa1n

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:55:24 PM

Relax.Be patient my friend. Dont worry calm down. First you need take a breath. Follow the graphs.

Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:03:48 PM

Messorem.
don't worry, it will rise back. All you have to do is relax and hold your ethereum, don't sell it yet.

Well, buying another altcoins at bearish price is also a good idea but please think it thoroughly before selling ethereum and shifting to altcoins. I don't want you to regret after you sell your ethereum so think it through.

supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:10:00 PM

Messorem.

Well it is really up to you if you would like to cut your losses and buy some decent altcoins, actually there's a lot of ways to gain back your losses, just choose good altcoins that are worth holding for a long-term, or you can either wait for ethereum to bounce back up again. Time is running, so decide fast so you will not miss any opportunities.
whofeelsitknowsit

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:13:16 PM

Hold tight and don't panic.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
pacifiko

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:15:47 PM

Ethereum price will be huge in a long-term. Relax and stay calm, dude. It's good coin, many ICO use Ethereum blockchain. Second biggest cryptocurrency and it seems to be rock solid, no other crypto can take its place.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:17:13 PM

This price drop is only a temporary drop, caused by the news that China and Korea want to totally ban cryptocurrency. In a few days the market will grow and Ethereum will be back on track. This year is the year of the altcoins and especially for Ethereum.

Flyguy1

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:39:24 PM

Messorem.

I ve got smth similar, not the best timing. However, in 9 months timeframe you should be able to double what you invested. Recommendation is to Hodl, last year there were also dips for ETH around 30% but look how it has gained. It drops a lot and will come back also quite fast. Buy more when you see the turning point.

Takeout is that timing is crucial in that game and I suggest to relax. There is nothing you can do, you have only bad options. Sometimes no action is good action.
poketis22

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:41:05 PM

Of course it's better to buy altcoyins, since you have one etherium, and there will be a lot of altcoys, because in spring they promise a very big growth, so think about it !!!
pearlsome

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:41:29 PM

Do your own research. Look at the coin price chart for the last six months or a year. Then look at how many percent it fell over the past week. This will be your choice. Very many good altcoins fell by 50%. You can buy them all.

◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦ MSTCOIN.IO ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
◎ Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platform ◎
  ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
 ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
   ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
gregall

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:46:12 PM

I would hold onto everything and buy alts since they're really low right now. For me, that's what I did. ITC is around $2 right now and it has hit almost $10 before. Don't fall into the panic wave.
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:57:57 PM

Nice to hear positive comments about ethereum from experienced crypto guys. I also won't sell my ether during this price crash and I will hold them until 2021 year.
I agree that there is no need to panic. Not only etereum, but all the other crypto currencies on the bottom. It's temporary!  But I would not call ethereum a king. He has a pretty strong competitor in 2018. It's NEO. Read comparative articles in your own language to figure it out.
Melquart

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:13:25 PM

Ethereum is safe to hold. It will recover and the price will climb again very soon. I expect it to reach 2000$ in the next few months or maybe sooner.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: