Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:01:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: People who buy mining equipment on ebay, are they CRAZY?  (Read 212 times)
Sandal_Hat (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:40:45 PM
Merited by ibminer (2)

Those prices make no sense.

Do they realize that the spot profitability will definitely last for more than a few weeks and it will go down to normal levels. Those people will never breakeven.

Also, it seems alot more people think they can run this equipment at home without proper a proper setup? The setting up cost is pretty costly too...especially if u need to remove the noise.
This year will see other manufacturers like avalon and ebit churn out new stronger bitcoin miners. It is not just bitmain anymore.
This is without adding the risk that new stronger chips from manufacturers appearing...and making old models earn less or obsolete.

Furthermore, mining was profitable in 2017 only because bitcoin went up 14 times. That wont be happening in 2018. Btc mkt cap at 200 billion right now, is not gonna go to 2800 billion lol. If total crypto mkt cap goes up by 14x, it would be more than gold valuation as well, again not possible in a year....

Those news companies are pumping crazy hype and belieft into new miners via their news articles??

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
oseikuf44

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:53:18 PM

Mining itself is not profitable of late as in the inception of bitcoins. I wonder why individuals still invest in such hardware which comes with a huge cost of electricity and pool fees.
Sandal_Hat (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:02:25 PM

Mining itself is not profitable of late as in the inception of bitcoins. I wonder why individuals still invest in such hardware which comes with a huge cost of electricity and pool fees.

What u mean is not profitable lately? It is but it wasnt gonna last. As seen an expected now. The spike caused a craze though

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Andrew_Evs

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:21:44 PM

I am (was until today) making close to $800/mo w an S9. Electrical ran about $257 so I still netted a profit.
tlustoprd

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 10:25:06 PM

Hey, if I were selling stuff on eBay, I'd probably hook it up with some malware so that some % go to my wallets. So that's why I wouldn't buy this off eBay. It's fun being a scammer these days.
Sandal_Hat (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:07:59 PM

I am (was until today) making close to $800/mo w an S9. Electrical ran about $257 so I still netted a profit.

Check the calculator. It is not 800 a month now buddy

eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:13:30 PM

So what you saying is you wouldn't recommend people mining in 2018? I was getting interested in this idea but I'm seriously doubting this now since it looks like it became such a boom, everyone started mining in 2017 and probably it won't be as profitable as last year

Don't listen to them. There is no better investment than mining. Tell me where else can you invest ANY amount of money and expect ROI in less than a year ? That is just insane. Of course if you are one of those little kids expecting ROI in 2 months then do something else

So ? It will be a lot more than 800$ in a few weeks. And even for 500$ that is ROI in 3-4 months which is still great.
Sandal_Hat (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:34:38 PM

So what you saying is you wouldn't recommend people mining in 2018? I was getting interested in this idea but I'm seriously doubting this now since it looks like it became such a boom, everyone started mining in 2017 and probably it won't be as profitable as last year

Don't listen to them. There is no better investment than mining. Tell me where else can you invest ANY amount of money and expect ROI in less than a year ? That is just insane. Of course if you are one of those little kids expecting ROI in 2 months then do something else

So ? It will be a lot more than 800$ in a few weeks. And even for 500$ that is ROI in 3-4 months which is still great.

Even if u mine with free electricity, u wont get 800usd per month now. Go check the calculator.
And check out the bitcoin difficulty chart and how it increases.

In general, bitcoin price rose 14 TIMES in 2017. Bitcoin difficulty rose so much. That is why mining is still good profit now.
So, in general, if it is to be the same, we need bitcoin price to rise 14 TIMES this year for the same profitability to be maintained, yes?

U see that happening? If btc rise 14 times every year, it is gonna be 280billion mkt cap by end of the year. Cryto total mkt cap will be around 7 trillion, above gold 6 trillion mkt cap. And by next year, btc mkt cap will be 280billion times 14, around 4 trliion...juz not happening I would think. Buying from manufacturers is still ok although the returns are lower and risks are higher now... but ebay prices...are crazy high

A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:02:24 PM

Mining itself is not cheap. In addition, Bitcoin and Litecoin are already heavily overloaded and the killing of these coins is becoming more difficult even with the use of powerful equipment.
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:07:38 AM

Mining is still profitable even in my country where the cost of electricity is one of the highest in the world. The operation can easily be converted into an internet and gaming cafe.

Sandal_Hat (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:42:23 AM

Mining is still profitable even in my country where the cost of electricity is one of the highest in the world. The operation can easily be converted into an internet and gaming cafe.

For now, after a recent spike of btc price, of course.

That doesnt sou d right because u need miners to be in an industrial place due to sound and a cafe at a retail place where there are customers.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: