Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:29:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2GH NinjaStick USB Miner powered by Bitfury  (Read 22550 times)
sva_h4cky0

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

onore dikeido

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 09:41:41 AM

ninjaaaa  Cool

watching
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:44:15 AM

Price needs to be .15 BTC.
It costs more than 0.15 BTC to buy just the chip not including postage, fab etc.

Then I'd say the chip is way too expensive, it has had any markup priced out of it already, just my two satoshis.

-
Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 10:25:45 AM

Interested.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:54:15 AM

Price needs to be .15 BTC.
It costs more than 0.15 BTC to buy just the chip not including postage, fab etc.
Yes, that is a big problem. ;-)
Roger100

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:00:17 PM

Cool project, but too pricey.

I'd pay 0.75 for one to dig the mud out my walking boots? Waddya say?
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:03:48 PM

At 2BTC that's $113 per GH/s which is a total joke.

Even 1BTC you would be lucky to get any ROI by the time it ships. It needs to sell for less than 1BTC if it can't then don't start the project.

carlotech

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:05:26 PM

Interested. Watch mode.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:08:31 PM

At 2BTC that's $113 per GH/s which is a total joke.

Even 1BTC you would be lucky to get any ROI by the time it ships. It needs to sell for less than 1BTC if it can't then don't start the project.

And this is the first signs of what will happen to NON-USB ASIC's in October or November 2013.

Companies will figure out that their initial designs can't easily overcome pricing restrictions. So they will have to redesign Gen2.1 to be more massively parallel to keep outrunning the difficulty by any meaningful timeframe.

(You heard it here first! Expect many companies to pre-plan, adapt to changing market conditions, or utterly fail and take your money/BTC with them. Spend wisely.)
Tripjammer

Activity: 394

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:55:19 PM

The block erupters will be at .12 BTC is the next few weeks. This new device should be around .45 @ least 2gh/s to be worthwhile.

WishFinanceAlternative lending platform for SMEs
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Oct, XX Crowdsale  |  Aim for +YY% bonus!      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       
[ WishFinance tread ]  ●  [ Whitepaper ]  ●  [ Telegram ]
MWNinja (OP)

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 03:14:13 PM

We're doing everything we can to get the price down as low as possible, but please have reasonable expectations as we can't sell them for less than the chips cost, plus theres a bunch of other parts, board, heatsink, and NRE costs that we have to recover.  These small units aren't going to have the world's best ROI, you can only get that promise when you buy $5k worth of vaporware.  Real things in hand cost more than powerpoint slides and renderings. 

Anyhow we are trying to keep a sub $100 price point to give entry level miners some meaningful hashrate.
thoughtcourier

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:37:06 PM

We're doing everything we can to get the price down as low as possible, but please have reasonable expectations as we can't sell them for less than the chips cost, plus theres a bunch of other parts, board, heatsink, and NRE costs that we have to recover.  These small units aren't going to have the world's best ROI, you can only get that promise when you buy $5k worth of vaporware.  Real things in hand cost more than powerpoint slides and renderings. 

Anyhow we are trying to keep a sub $100 price point to give entry level miners some meaningful hashrate.

Hmm, I don't like your comment very much. ASICMINER USB sticks, a real product from a real competitor, is existing competition to your vaporware. Furthermore, and I can't believe this is not obvious, your production costs do not matter to the buyer and should not factor into their expectations.
xjack

Activity: 539

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:42:38 PM

Hmm, I don't like your comment very much. ASICMINER USB sticks, a real product from a real competitor, is existing competition to your vaporware. Furthermore, and I can't believe this is not obvious, your production costs do not matter to the buyer and should not factor into their expectations.

At present asicminer USB sticks are 0.9BTC+ per GH.  At 0.5 this is a better deal.

However only time will tell whether roi is possible...

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
viriat0

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:52:01 PM

Watch  Cool
newfrozzen

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:53:30 PM

Very interested.
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:14:13 PM

We're doing everything we can to get the price down as low as possible, but please have reasonable expectations as we can't sell them for less than the chips cost, plus theres a bunch of other parts, board, heatsink, and NRE costs that we have to recover.  These small units aren't going to have the world's best ROI, you can only get that promise when you buy $5k worth of vaporware.  Real things in hand cost more than powerpoint slides and renderings.  

At present asicminer USB sticks are 0.9BTC+ per GH.  At 0.5 this is a better deal.

However only time will tell whether roi is possible...

Right, if you have both options right now.  However, I guarantee that ASICMiner USB Erupters will drop to BTC.1 or less by October, especially in the secondary market.
voxelot

Activity: 265

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 12:39:11 AM

So this means that Bitfury is releasing design documents necessary for creating our own PCB gerbers???  Is anyone working 10x or 16x boards for these bitfurry chips? 
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 01:22:40 AM

0.5BTC/Gh/s in October?

Might be a fun toy ~1btc, but anyone paying 100BTC would be taking a huge risk in their ability to resell them for a profit, and they certainly wouldn't be very worthwhile to use in a big mining op.
ASICMINER has already Fucked people over 4 times and counting with their USB sticks... I think the suckers are getting wise...

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 01:54:29 AM

0.5BTC/Gh/s in October?

Might be a fun toy ~1btc, but anyone paying 100BTC would be taking a huge risk in their ability to resell them for a profit, and they certainly wouldn't be very worthwhile to use in a big mining op.
ASICMINER has already Fucked people over 4 times and counting with their USB sticks... I think the suckers are getting wise...

They haven't fucked anyone over. they gave you a price and you paid it. They are the ONLY ones who have been relyable for delivery. They can't save you from your buying practices. When the Playstation 3 first came out how much was it? How many price decreases has their been? You want it first you pay a premium. As time goes on and sales drop they adjusted the price accordingly.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████