Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:07:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tether (USDT) is it really stable ?  (Read 99 times)
ThinkAndGrowRich (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:43:36 PM

Any thoughts about USDT and how safe it is or isn't ?
cryptomaster420

Activity: 256
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:45:44 PM

Any thoughts about USDT and how safe it is or isn't ?
It once fell to $0.85 when even the Kraken intern told traders to short it on their corporate twitter.
Otherwise it's gonna be stable at $1 until it probably immediately drops to $0 once an actual audit is made

Alydora

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:47:09 PM

I've always been told to keep it in tether incase anything like this happens. Hasn't failed me yet in keeping my money safe, lol.
yareklamator

Activity: 154

Magic is real

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:58:28 PM

There is nothing in our world that is stable. But the transfer to Tether was necessary before the collapse of the market. Now there is no special meaning in this. About security. They conducted an audit, and all their coins in the required percentage are confirmed by real money.
Apekool

Activity: 126
Merit: 13

The internet > you

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 02:17:11 AM

There is nothing in our world that is stable. But the transfer to Tether was necessary before the collapse of the market. Now there is no special meaning in this. About security. They conducted an audit, and all their coins in the required percentage are confirmed by real money.

That is indeed the odd thing, because when you take a look at the latest published articles about this subject, especially the "news media", somehow there's the general perception that this is all going to fail. Until a bit earlier I actually thought the audit still had to be done, because even now articles are popping up with that.

The chart says otherwise, it's still correcting and there's little variation in the rate USD/USDT.

rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:30:40 AM

Honestly if I could I would short tether every time it got close to $1. It is going to be the next mt. Gox. They will announce there was a hack a year ago and all the money is gone. None of what tether does is complicated. They have a token and hold dollars. Nothing magical that an auditor should disagree on.
rickn

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:23:30 AM

Unfortunately in the crypto market nothing is stable. Volatility prevails and false news serves to bring down prices and put the market on a bearish channel. There is a lot of mistrust about Theter.
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:31:11 AM

now the price of usdt is still $ 0.9 not so decreased significantly.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tether/#markets
maybe a lot of people are selling its other crypto and swapping it into usdt, therefore the usdt price is stable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: