Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:34:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell all to USDT when everything goes down ?  (Read 615 times)
ThinkAndGrowRich (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:46:27 PM

Is exchanging all your assets to USDT when everything goes down a valid move ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
worldtraveller321

Activity: 512
Merit: 33

The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 10:04:22 PM

Some what, i do that with USD, just have to really watch your number and make sure you get it at good times, otherwise you could take a loss

worldtraveller
ThinkAndGrowRich (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:00:55 PM

Some what, i do that with USD, just have to really watch your number and make sure you get it at good times, otherwise you could take a loss

How do you mean ? If all goes down it's hard to make mistake by changing to fiat or USDT isnt it ?
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:42:13 PM

I don't really trust tether, so I wouldn't do that if I were you. If you don't trade and don't really need to cash out, just hold on to your coins, because this will turn around. It happen with China, and now it will happen again. I still think that this is just wall strees guys shortening BTC now that the first futures contracts are ending. They are taking advantage of some fud regarding regulation and mining, and are making huge profit since it's easy for them to manipulate the markets. I think you should hold your coins, but if you really need to sell, please sell it to fiat and not tether.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Annapelova

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:44:26 PM

It's good to do that BEFORE everything goes down or when you see early sings... I've sold after the first crash at -20% and later regreted it when all coins I had went 3x to 10x...

In times like these, it's good to have tether to buy more.
Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:50:30 PM

It is not the best thing to do at the moment, just keep everything on bitcoin or just buy any other stable altcoin like bitUSD. We all know in here that Tether is highly manipulated by bitfinex, and they can take the control of everything if they want, so for me, it is a huge risk to put your money in usdt.
ThinkAndGrowRich (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:05:53 AM

It is not the best thing to do at the moment, just keep everything on bitcoin or just buy any other stable altcoin like bitUSD. We all know in here that Tether is highly manipulated by bitfinex, and they can take the control of everything if they want, so for me, it is a huge risk to put your money in usdt.

How is it highly manipulated ? I see the price on coinmarketcap is mostly very close to 1 $

What is the difference between USDT and bitUSD ?
Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:07:38 AM

If you already made good profit, you can consider doing this. I don't do this for example, no need to get back to fiat money. USDT is not even fiat money but you think it is. The best is watching your positions closely.
albos

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:11:15 AM

Its a good strategy if you do it in the beginning of the crash and the worst you can do if you do it too late Smiley
gandhe83

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:53:29 AM

I think it is too late now if you want to sell coin to USDT because coin is currently low in value, if you sell it in USDT a few days ago it would be better. Currently the value of the altcoin and bitcoin copper is falling quite deep, if sold out at this time is not a wise thing. Do not be trapped by the speculators who are trying to reduce the mayor.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:11:16 AM

I believe sell is not the right move when everything go down, you should buy not sell. If you sell when price go down, your asset will not be the same again ( follow down also ), at least hold is better. Besides that, I don't understand why you should sell it, because you need USDT or because the price reach your stop loss? I can't give any advice ( sorry ). Be careful with your asset and stay safe. Have a nice day to you.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:17:58 AM

Do you want to convert to dollars to buy some digital currency at the lowest possible price? I'm going to buy some BTC. I believe BTC will continue to grow at some time! Now it is only due to the influence of some countries' policies, I believe it will be good in a few days!
Adeyemi

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:29:40 AM

When the market goes down you buy not sell. This is one of the basic rules to succeed in the crypto game. Your risk of selling and converting to USDT is high. Are you ready to take this risk?
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:31:24 AM

That good idea but now in my opinion too late because market crash nearly 50% , trend down should be stop at this level and continue the price on consolidation and back to bullish trend again. So now best idea just hold it.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
ThinkAndGrowRich (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:35:50 AM

I know now is too late now. Like before Smiley
I'm asking for next time.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:31:19 AM

Its a good strategy if you do it in the beginning of the crash and the worst you can do if you do it too late Smiley

Not of the normal investors will end up either doing it last or towards the end because they can't predict prices accurately than experts do. But even for experts, it is not possible to do every time to time the market so my advice is don't sell in a panic if you think that what your holding is good for long-term. Instead of selling if you have additional funds then buy some more when prices go down.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:00:41 AM

Yes, this is really a unique idea when all cryptos are going down and down. Sell all to convert USDT because it is backed by the US Dollar. This way you will get rid of more loss due to downside loss of coin.
Pivooooo

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:20:40 AM

The question is in the risk! You can sell and purchase lower, or it may not work out! Buyers are more unsure of what prices will continue to grow, and more people are starting to sell tokens, fixing their profits. When the momentum of sellers of forces of sufficient strength, the situation begins to go avalanche. And do not listen to advisers, always think with your head!
sheilasekarbumi

Activity: 106

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:26:29 AM

Personally, I don't believe USDT. I only sell to usdt when I need quick cash out. Otherwise, I will just stay with btc and/or eth. And yep, I am not a risk-taker type or trader, so I better hold btc/eth. I know about sell to usdt to wait for dips to buy in again. But who knows what will happen :|

nioctiB#1

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:38:32 AM

Before it was hacked i used to covert my investment in cryptocurrency to usd tether whenever the price of all coins goes down or crashes but i dont use it anymore for securing my gains since there is an history of hacking and we dont know if that is going to happen again. so better sell if you want to cut your losses or just hold it if you believe it will recover soon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: