Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:00:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EU coin - New Cryptocurrency for Climate and Charity  (Read 2732 times)
eu-coin (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:26:01 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 09:08:08 PM by eu-coin

Korean translation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2768309.msg29190475#msg29190475
                            https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2844479

Chinese translation:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2768309.msg29268801#msg29268801
                               https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2859919

Indonesian translation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2768309.msg31291558#msg31291558
                                  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3035355

If you’re just here for because you smelled a new airdropped token:

Token contract address: 0x40caa728bb4bafa56f38a58623a12fbe6c90209d
Decimals: 0
Symbol: EC
Total supply: 8,000,000,000,000 (to know why, see below!)
How to join: Send an e-mail to airdrop@eu-coin.net mentioning your ethereum address and a nice message to the EU coin community. Within a week you will be airdropped with 2,000 EC.
To buy tokens (19,160 per ETH, any amount of ETH allowed - plus you'll automatically join the airdrop): send your ETH to 0xc850e565b91fcc3801765fae3d99af8a18654c23

Want to know more? Read on!
What are EU coins?

EU coins are your way to show your love for the environment and humanitarian causes. You see, the local government cut its funding. They very often promise a lot (see Paris agreement goals for the climate and the UN-Millennium goals for the humanity) , but due to budgetary reasons, those are the areas where they costs are first taken out. Holding or trading this coins allows you to show your love for humanity and the climate.

How many EC are there?

There is a fixed total number of 8,000,000,000,000 Eu coins. This is because there is a lot to accomplish on humanitarian and ecological issues and problems. There was an initial supply of 209,095,660,000 EC. Now we will distribute 10,000,000 EC during this airdrop. Followed by an initial sale of 100,000,000,000, to be able to organize our first project.
Which wallets are supported?
Any wallet that supports ERC20 tokens is supported. This includes
•   MyEtherWallet
•   MetaMask
•   Jaxx
•   Mist
•   Any other wallet that supports ERC20. You may have to enter the contract address, symbols, and decimals for it to work.
How can I get my hands on some EC?
There are three means by which to acquire EC:

1. The Token pre-sale

If you want to buy EC in the pre-sale, you can send your ETH to the wallet with address 0xc850e565b91fcc3801765fae3d99af8a18654c23, you can send a mail to buy.eu-coin@eu-coin.net mentioning your ethereum address and the amount of ETH send. We will send your EC to your address.

2. The token sale

EC will be sold in the token sale at an initial rate of 19,160 for each 1 ETH contributed (0.0000521921 ETH/EC). There is no minimum contribution amount, so if you like, you can also contribute 0.001 ETH and receive 19 EC. The amount of EC sold during this first sale will be 100,000,000,000 EC.

3. The airdrop

Of course, we sympathize with those of you who are strapped for cash, but still like to show that they care. Therefore, we’re distributing 10,000,000 of the total number of tokens in an airdrop. That is 2,000 EC for the first 5,000 persons.

To participate, send an e-mail to airdrop@eu-coin.net and leave your ETH address, and a personal message for the EU coin community. And add your post # (example this is #1) on bitcointalk.

Every participant in the token sale is automatically also gets a share of the airdrop, ensuring they’ll always get more EC than non-paying supporters.

The airdrop is designed to accommodate 5,000 crypto-humans-environmental-enthusiasts. We'll start distributing the first tokens after 1000 people send a mail for the airdrop. Depending on how soon this is, we might adjust the number of tokens subsequent participants receive to make sure everybody gets some. Rest assured that paying contributors get the maximum amount of airdroppable EC (= 10M / 5000 = 2,000 EC), irrespective of when they join.

What is the purpose of the token?

Holding or trading EC is a means of showing you care about charitable things like environmental or humanitarian issues (poverty, genderequality, refugees and other). Also, it is tradeable on … (soon we will come with exchange) so you can make a neat profit if you like.

But… this concept is never going to work!

Yes, it is. Here’s why. Remember all these coins like eBTC, eXRN, and basically every other ERC20 (or Waves) token that was airdropped/ICO’ed recently? There is no reason for most of these coins to be worth anything.

However, what happens is that once some tokens are sold and the airdrop takes place, people start trading them. The fact that some of these tokens were paid for in the first place (in a token sale) means they are worth something to someone, and thus an opportunity for trading arises. People buy them in hopes of an increase in value, i.e. to sell them at a profit later on. Some people sell their tokens for Ether, some people trade them at a profit, and some people hold on to their tokens hoping they’ll be worth more in the future. The latter category end up being really rich in the future, or holding the bag – but that’s the gamble they take.

There is no reason to believe that EU coins should be any different - and therefore, yes, this will work. But even if it is different, nobody is left holding the bag in the case of EU coins, because the whole point was to support a good cause. Everybody walks away with a smile on their face.

What will the proceeds of the token sale go towards?

All proceeds of the token sale, minus expenses, will go straight towards the projects. The only expenses that will be subtracted from the total donation are gas costs incurred.

How do I know you’ll give it all to projects?

The short answer is, you don’t. I could be a fraudster and run off with your money. But consider the following.
•   If I would do that, I’d be an extremely despicable person (Stealing from charity? Bah!).
•   If I wanted to run off with your money, I would have made up a much more business-like story to persuade you to invest in a token sale + airdrop. Or even a less business-like story, like we see here so often.
Also, note that I’ve put significant amounts of my own time and money into this project already. There is a website, a smart contract deployed, and I’ve made the first donation myself as a regular token sale participant - not to mention the time I needed to learn how to do all this. This demonstrates that I really believe there are no losers in this project.

How are the projects be chosen?

A poll will be organized based on project proposals (everyone in the EU coin community can send a mail to projectproposal@eu-coin.net to have a project listed), we will determine a short list. All persons that have subscribed (you can send mail to subscribe to the mailing vote subscribe.voting@eu-coin.net ) or you can participate to the bitcointalk poll. The project with the most votes will be executed. First vote will be organized end February.

What does the roadmap look like? What are the next steps?

Roadmap

We envision 4 major releases while maintaining a growing pipeline of functionality

R1, Q1 2018

•   Launch site eu-coin.net
•   Airdrop on Bitcointalk
•   Get eu-coin listed on exchange
•   Launch on exchange
•   Voting for first project

R2, Q2 2018

•   Start Voted Project
•   Launch EC on second exchange
•   Beta-testing exchange platform

R3, Q3 2018

•   Launch EU coin wallet
•   Launch EU coin exchange platform

R4, Q4 2018

•   Voting for second project
•   Start-up second project
•   Payment platform for EU coins
•   List merchants that accept EU coins

What if I have questions or comments?

Feel free to post them in this thread, send them as a direct message (eu-coin@eu-coin.net or support@eu-coin.net)

@SPECIFICATIONS@

algo: ETH (ERC20)
name: EU coin
ticker: EC
Token contract address: 0x40caa728bb4bafa56f38a58623a12fbe6c90209d
Decimals: 0
Symbol: EC

@EU COIN CLASSIC WALLETS@

https://www.myetherwallet.com/
https://jaxx.io/
https://metamask.io/

@WEBSITE@

www.eu-coin.net

@EXCHANGES@

Requests have been send to a couple of exchanges, waiting for reply

@BLOCK EXPLORER@

https://etherscan.io/address/0xc5517135a85db770079abb35caf40c42cf52449b

@SOCIAL MEDIA@

https://www.facebook.com/eucoin
https://twitter.com/eucoin1

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:58:09 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 12:25:57 AM by Bfljosh

Token or coin?

Nevermind I don't care about refugees, genderequality or the EU.

Why do you care OP?
una1y1henderson75

Activity: 173

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:15:46 AM

send PMed email. good luck to project. i hope it is a project big
httpb

Activity: 644
Merit: 272

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:17:57 PM

Airdrop through email? I gotta try that.  Cheesy

May I also suggest a social network bounties. That way, you can easily spread the word about this project.
Paulm.123

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:35:15 PM

great looking project, I will send a mail for the airdrop, and follow you to know when you are listed Smiley
JeremyB

Activity: 812
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:06:05 PM

Coins well received after sending requested information to the email provided.
Thanks for that!
SanGohan278

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:25:50 PM

I hope this project Will have succes, because I really care about chartity and climate. I Will invest in this!
I Will send you a mail as zoon as possible! Wink
Bfljosh

Skol!

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:11:28 PM

Why do you even post an ANN dev when you don't respond to comments?

You see this kind of behavior all the time here.
Bfljosh

Skol!

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:12:02 PM

great looking project, I will send a mail for the airdrop, and follow you to know when you are listed Smiley

What's so great about it?
mafia15

Activity: 245
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:14:25 PM

Hi i sent email
ikhub

Activity: 143
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:30:27 PM

Confused with what you meant by "Cryptocurrency for Climate"
If there is severe drought in an area, will one be able to buy rains with the coin? Or can we buy sun on a cloudy day?
eu-coin (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:44:36 PM

@ ikhub

You are right we will not be able to buy sun or rain. But we can produce our electricity on a way that it is less polluting. We can have systems in place to recover more water. We can plant trees. All actions that contribute to a better climate.
Christini

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:48:53 PM

Your pre-sale when officially sold
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:59:21 PM

scam. I have not read such a crap this year. People. Give the money to the poor and not to the cheaters here.
and make fake email addresses. otherwise your mail addresses will be sold. such a garbage should also be deleted
who are these people ?
there is no whitepaper
no roadmap ?  or about the first posting?   Grin
why send eth?
and where do you live in europe? or do you come from asia?  Grin

Anonymous people begging for eth are always suspicious of me. if you want to do something good you should also show who you are
eu-coin (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:02:27 PM

@ christini

The pre-sale is still available

@ostsee77

It is not scam, you should give us the benefit of the doubt at least. The future will show if you are right. We will prove you're wrong.

But thnxs anyway for your post
dzkrb

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:10:30 PM

It looks like an interesting coin, but I want to ask a few questions. And what technology will this coin be built on? What is the forecast for capitalization? How much will be burned at the end of the IKO?

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
lilaj4de

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:22:29 PM

It looks like an interesting coin, but I want to ask a few questions. And what technology will this coin be built on? What is the forecast for capitalization? How much will be burned at the end of the IKO?

I believe that tokens that are not in circulation will be burned. Also would like to know in which algorithm or technology will it be developed?
una1y1henderson75

Activity: 173

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:56:27 PM

i received eucoin token. thank dev very good. i hope this project success!
CMM

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:24:05 AM

Airdrop went through, thanks.
Sadly I failed an gave my exchange ETH address and not the normal one so the tokens are lost.
At least I learned something from this ;)
httpb

Activity: 644
Merit: 272

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:11:44 AM

I must admit, I didn't expect to receive anything, but today I was pleasantly surprised when I received the tokens in my wallet.

I will watch this project more closely from now on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: