Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:21:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Polymath Scam: Stay Away!  (Read 1129 times)
onyebuchi81

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:47:34 PM

U are entitled to ur opinion but not  getting ur tokens is not enough reason to call it a scam. I know submitting a confidential document because of an airdrop is extreme but calling it a scam because u didn't get ur tokens is way extreme. A lot of people got their tokens. Distributing to about 50000 subscribers is no easy fit. There is bound to be problems which resulted in some people missing out. Someone cashed out when it was above a dollar though I am in for the long haul .so bro just lick ur wounds and wait for the next over hyped airdrop. Seems this year the the year of the airdrops

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
micheal34

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:09:01 PM

The fact they didn't request money from anybody makes them clean. How do you come about this your language? why is polymath a scam?
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:14:40 PM

At first, I was intrigued of their project concept. However, in my own instinct, I decided to pass with Polymath. I don't even want to participate in their airdrop or bounty program, even if it's free. I just don't know if Polymath is legit or scam, but I know one thing for sure.

ICOs are risky and we just proceed at our own risk. It's essential that you should understand all of the risks that you're taking, and be prepared if you expect to lose your money in some unpromising projects. I just don't know about Polymath though.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Mc_Moneysack

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:00:37 PM

At first, I was intrigued of their project concept. However, in my own instinct, I decided to pass with Polymath. I don't even want to participate in their airdrop or bounty program, even if it's free. I just don't know if Polymath is legit or scam, but I know one thing for sure.

ICOs are risky and we just proceed at our own risk. It's essential that you should understand all of the risks that you're taking, and be prepared if you expect to lose your money in some unpromising projects. I just don't know about Polymath though.

What would be the financial risk involved if you participate in a free airdrop? I could only imagine that they sell your data. I have thus not submitted a copy of my passport but of my drivers license and the quality was not too great. There is no personal information on it that you couldn’t also find via Google.

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/
BitProNews

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:43:50 AM

for me registration has completed successfully, hope I may get airdrop tokens by Feb 1st week
It's 10 Feb and still not receiving any tokens even i successfully completed the verification ID. From where you got that date that it is not mentioned in their official channels?
Even the project is professionally managed but i didn't watch any good rate of it in the sites that rate projects. They collect a lot of personal information and people start thinking about a scam attack.

If you don't have your POLY yet, then I'm guessing you didn't get into the first 40k people, who were the ones eligible for that airdrop.  There were LOTS of people who joined after the 40k.  Chances are you maybe one of them.

OR... you didn't signup correctly, gave wrong info

OR... you didn't pass KYC.

For me, I got my POLY over 10 days ago.

As for the people calling SCAM on this... did you read/watch any of the materials available?  It has solid backing.  As for the delays, did you realise it was the KYC-providers system that failed to cope with 40K eager applicants at pretty much the same time.

For people complaining about KYC... welcome to the new world of crypto regulations, particularly for US-based companies.  Get used to it, or avoid them.

And they were free FFS. Stop whining people!

I got your point and undertand what may should be the problem then am trying to resume the situation in global for me and about the project. I am really interrested by the new regulations maded by this start up and admit that this will upset the old vision at the crypto based projects, not only for US-based companies but, for all the next generation of companies in the world that has clear vision provide new services to the world. My post was not to accuse the project or to whine people but i just mention that a part of the community will have doubts about giving their personal information and how this should work. Thanks for the explanation in your response. I will continue following the Polymath project.
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:11:52 PM

I've got quite annoyed by their contraddictions myself. I have got their email, which promised me to get their token but then they lost me in their website's useless beaurocracy.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 10:23:07 PM

It's easy for people to call something they don't understand scam.
Though am very much against kyc... But when your money gets stuck.. You have to do it.

But on airdrops,  that's nonsense and isn't a good thing.

https://cryptotvplus.com
easypeasy

Activity: 213

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:56:11 PM

kyc blah blah blah, get with it guys its the future

if u dont like kyc then dont do it we all have the choice

when the tokens reach 10$ thats 2500$ i will have got for sending a copy of my passport, seems like a gd deal to me!
Mc_Moneysack

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:02:36 AM

kyc blah blah blah, get with it guys its the future

if u dont like kyc then dont do it we all have the choice

when the tokens reach 10$ thats 2500$ i will have got for sending a copy of my passport, seems like a gd deal to me!

I agree. It was the only option to be part of this project right from the beginning, since there was no token sale. KYC will soon be the rule rather than the exception so everybody can decide for themselves if they are willing to submit their ID or not.

Maweie

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:04:34 PM

Well right now i am holding 250 POLY worth ~325$ which i got for free. Not scammy for me at least. :-)
spacezx

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:00:35 PM

The only reason to kyc is for future growth price
At current rate surely it makes no sense
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/polymath-network/btc

Did anyone here remembered stellar airdrop or bitcoin cash? Market no rational

Right, dose not make scene now but future is never truly set!
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:47:39 PM

Both me and my wofe got succesful registration. Be patient this is big

How is going to get big when they are asking a lot for their participants, kyc is a big no-no the consensus tells us that Kyc is a big no-no in the cryptocurrency industry, only a small is going to participate here and until the dev finds out it's useless to implement that KYC
Mc_Moneysack

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:10:22 AM

Both me and my wofe got succesful registration. Be patient this is big

How is going to get big when they are asking a lot for their participants, kyc is a big no-no the consensus tells us that Kyc is a big no-no in the cryptocurrency industry, only a small is going to participate here and until the dev finds out it's useless to implement that KYC

In order to buy the POLY token on exchanges you don’t need to complete KYC, it was only for those who wanted to participate in the airdrop. The platform will require KYC for people who wish to invest there. So those who participated in the airdrop should already be cleared for that purpose.

JuanMD

Activity: 235

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:52:34 PM

Please, don't accuse a legit project of being a scam only because you don't understand how it works.

Polymath is a registered and working company, all the team is publicly known and has years of experience in the field. They are not "amateurs". Software is being developed and you can see it at Github.

JuanMD

Activity: 235

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:57:30 PM

Actually never mind, you should be ashamed of crying like this because you didn't get a reward.
BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:46:23 PM

I was going to invest on this ICO until I saw that they were asking for a KYC for a simple airdrop. It just did not make sense and there are many ICOs to choose from.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
Rocky69

Activity: 429

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:06:42 PM

Everyone has right to have his her opinion but how can it be Scam they genuinely prevented BOTS and scamsters by seeking KYC documents . I see no harm as may be I was one of the lucky one who got 250 PolyMath   absolutely FREE OF COST cool 400 USD to bank . i am going to HODL  and try to accumulate more

Mc_Moneysack

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:32:19 PM

Everyone has right to have his her opinion but how can it be Scam they genuinely prevented BOTS and scamsters by seeking KYC documents . I see no harm as may be I was one of the lucky one who got 250 PolyMath   absolutely FREE OF COST cool 400 USD to bank . i am going to HODL  and try to accumulate more

I also bought some more when it was quite low, which so far has been a very good decision.

divest.ted

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:17:46 AM

Don't waste your time with these amateurs.

They super hyped airdrop got everyone excited.  First they delayed the release of their KYC instructions.  Then they took the KYC site down for two days while they "cleared a backlog." They've brought it back now, but they changed the rules.  Half the people who signed up are being told their wallet addresses are not registered.  And now you can only complete the KYC process by submitting a copy of your passport (drivers licenses and/or other government IDs will no longer be accepted).

Many of us spent hours trying to get approved for the airdrop.  I know I did.  What a huge waste of time!

I hope this project fails.  These guys are real scumbags.  Stay away!

Not true -- had no issue completing KYC process
divest.ted

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:19:18 AM

I was going to invest on this ICO until I saw that they were asking for a KYC for a simple airdrop. It just did not make sense and there are many ICOs to choose from.

KYC requirement makes sense and it is illegal in many Countrys to be involved in an ICO. Also they can't have scammers pumping out accounts for free coins to dump.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: