Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:38:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Polymath Scam: Stay Away!  (Read 1128 times)
whofeelsitknowsit (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:45:52 PM

Don't waste your time with these amateurs.

They super hyped airdrop got everyone excited.  First they delayed the release of their KYC instructions.  Then they took the KYC site down for two days while they "cleared a backlog." They've brought it back now, but they changed the rules.  Half the people who signed up are being told their wallet addresses are not registered.  And now you can only complete the KYC process by submitting a copy of your passport (drivers licenses and/or other government IDs will no longer be accepted).

Many of us spent hours trying to get approved for the airdrop.  I know I did.  What a huge waste of time!

I hope this project fails.  These guys are real scumbags.  Stay away!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ccryptopark

Activity: 300
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:54:57 PM

wtf how is it a scam if they haven't made any money?? From what I saw there were too many bots and people using multiple accounts to get free POLY. In my opinion, I don't think that's fair. This is what they posted from their telegram:

"Hello everyone,

You have been an amazing community!

With the sheer volume of interested users there have been various issues people have encountered. Here are answers to some of the common questions:

1) Is the airdrop open? Yes. token.polymath.network

2) It says No allocation found. You needed to pre-register for the airdrop from Dec. 25 to Jan 10. If you did not pre-register then you will need to wait until those who did have a chance to go through.

3) But I swear I did pre-register! Please check to make sure you used the same ETH address as you did before. If you went through once already and were rejected by the KYC system, you will need to wait before you can try again.

4) Can I use my driver's licence? No. The system accepts passports only.

5) Will I get a verification email? Not at this time. You can confirm your status by visiting token.polymath.network and putting in your eth address again. You will either be verified, rejected, or pending review.

6) How long is the review? It may take up to 48 hours.

7) I uploaded a valid passport. Why was I denied? The verification requirements are very high. Please make sure you passport photo is very clear and matches your name and country that you input. This is the main reason applications are rejected. Other less common reasons are: invalid country, under 18, or your information matched a those on various sanction screening lists.

If you have another issue, please refer to our support team. We also love our community and if you can refer users to this pinned message it will help as well.

Our admins have done a magnificent job with our Telegram channel. With 50,000 users there is bound to be some bots or users promoting other channels. We actively ban those accounts. We appreciate all the support from a number of active users in our community, but will not tolerate foul language.

There will be plenty of time to get in. Remember, it's not a race. We set the allocation amount at a number we felt would satisfy the community. Due to the high verification standards this process may take some time.

In the meantime, please use this channel to ask questions about our platform and how you can use the token to access the ecosystem. ❤️"
whofeelsitknowsit (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:58:40 PM

It's a scam for hyping the crap out of this thing, keeping 50,000 people waiting and hanging on their every word, and then making last minute changes so that hardly anybody will actually be able to participate.  Maybe it's not a scam in that they are not stealing from people, but they are up to something.  And even if they aren't, this trainwreck doesn't inspire confidence in the company.

tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:04:05 PM

I posted a thread, but noone really gave two shits. I warned you guys.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2746718.msg28063113#msg28063113

NEVER submit KYC documents to anyone, anywhere. Very fucking dangerous.
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:07:06 PM

This is the fucking truth, and submitting your Documents just for receiving a few tokens that are going to be worth $0,50 each or so?

This is not worth guys, you are revealing your identity just for 100 tokens worth $0,50 or less each one of so.

So for me, it is a wast of time, and energy, i would never join that fucking airdrop who is asking about my ID all the fucking time.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:13:04 PM

They super hyped airdrop got everyone excited.  First they delayed the release of their KYC instructions.  Then they took the KYC site down for two days while they "cleared a backlog." They've brought it back now, but they changed the rules.  Half the people who signed up are being told their wallet addresses are not registered. 
Many of us spent hours trying to get approved for the airdrop.  I know I did.  What a huge waste of time!

I am understand your dissapointment, I have applied for the airdrop and I think I will get some tokens. Anyway they are free.

This project does not strike me as a fraud nor scam.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
Zendalet

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:41:51 PM

Let's look at it from both sides.

I've heard that because of new regulations KYC is possibly also required for airdrops. If that's true then there's little choice but to comply if you acknowledge those regulations.

On the other side, some companies in charge of the KYC process have strange terms and conditions that allow them to use your information for both their own purposes as well as the purposes of their clients, in this case the team behind the airdrop.

Jumio makes the Services available to third parties for integration into those third parties’ websites, applications, and online services.  Jumio collects, uses, and discloses individual users’ information only as directed by these third parties and, accordingly, Jumio is a mere processor of user information with respect to the Services and not a controller.  Further, some features of the Services may be disabled or altered by the data controller, or the controller may require Jumio to collect, use, disclose, or otherwise process data in ways that differ from those described below.  Thus, to fully understand how your information will be handled when you use the Services, you must review not just this Policy, but also the privacy policy of the third party with whom you are dealing directly (the “Third-Party Data Controller”).

Notwithstanding the above, Jumio may process certain individual users’ information in pseudonymized or anonymized form for its own purposes, thereby acting as a controller in this limited regard.

That's not harmless boilerplate legalese. Turns out those clients may instruct the KYC processor to hand over the personal documents - and in case of Bittrex, transmit them over plain text, unencrypted e-mail.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bittrex-leaks-user-passports-in-support-emails-says-russian-telegram-channel

Going one step further I wouldn't put it past bad actors to abuse the mandatory KYC regulation to harvest passports for identity theft.
z0mmarket

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:45:51 PM

Weird. One thing is for sure they spent good money on advertising.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:47:28 PM

Let's look at it from both sides.

I've heard that because of new regulations KYC is possibly also required for airdrops.

Possibly, it's not law or made for certain. It is an obsecure outline that has no solid basis behind it, it's just the way people want to interpert these laws.
Also, this is only in regards to the U.S.

And when things are that fucking complicated, or without backbone, then just avoid them entirely. Chances are, you will never be in trouble for it, because there are loopholes around them. Airdrops are donations, experiments, nothing more. The "anticipation of making $ off an airdrop" is never the intended goal, it's to be apart of a community network, bounded by crypto that they will believe will make a difference.

It's as simple as that, and the laws have no hold against you. Because i join airdrops to make a difference, to participate in potentially revolutionary experiments.

I stand by my word, never submit your documents to anyone in crypto. Not even to these corrupted cunts @ polymath. Very fucking dirty, if they can't even handle which documents they want. I wouldn't trust these fuckers with $1 of mine, let alone my ID.
Crypto1989

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:55:18 AM

Most of the airdrops/ ICOs are requiring KYC lately, by mid 2018 i see that being compulsory for all you want to join.
whofeelsitknowsit (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:00:29 AM

It's not that they are requiring KYC.  It's how they are going about it.

Hopewell12

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:44:08 AM

Total Scam.

No human with a single working neuron would ever give one of these projects their passport or government ID.  They could be hacked, incompetent or straight criminals.  What if you passport get into the hands of terrorists and its used to gain entry for an attack?   

That being said when they lead us all in to do the work for them it was all good.  Then BAM KYC scam.  Bait and Switch. 

1) Do not give your personal information over the internet.  They teach this to my 7 year old kid in school.  If your giving your passport over the internet you need to seriously think about the consequences.

2) Never invest with a project that requires this and shun them at every opportunity.  Any project that requires passports knows full well they cannot protect the information 100%.  Thus they are taking your security away from you which goes against the entire concept of the crypto movement. 

Shame on you PolyMath, Bobs Repair and GoNetwork
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:49:19 AM

Things have gotten so bad that some people can even release their passport details and address just for some tokens which might even not worth as much as they expected at the end of the day but the information provided can no longer be called back. Its important that we all need to be more careful in the information we seeks to provide.

They super hyped airdrop got everyone excited.  First they delayed the release of their KYC instructions.  Then they took the KYC site down for two days while they "cleared a backlog." They've brought it back now, but they changed the rules.  Half the people who signed up are being told their wallet addresses are not registered.  And now you can only complete the KYC process by submitting a copy of your passport (drivers licenses and/or other government IDs will no longer be accepted).

Asking for passport or drivers license is way to far in my opinion but won't say they are outrightly scam if you are not comfortable with their request, just stay away with their air drop. Its not compulsory and no one is being forced here.
elnino7

Activity: 69

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:02:13 AM

Both me and my wofe got succesful registration. Be patient this is big
strickland

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:55:30 PM

It's another one that is trying to prove that they are not a scamcoin. There is a lot of coins that did the same thing and they were proven to be wrong.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Mythlol

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:06:29 AM

I just uploaded my ID (outside the US) and got verified and passed verification in like 15 seconds.
I also put watermarks all over it.
Got a message I will be getting 250 in the airdrop.
whofeelsitknowsit (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:24:11 PM

I just want to go on record to eat some crow.

I was initially very frustrated with the Polymath airdrop.  I spent what felt like way too much time and energy on this -- staying up until very late at night the night the KYC verification process, trying like 15 times to upload my ID only to end up with the dreaded spinning wheel, checking back every 5 minutes for like a day and a half after the KYC site was taken down to clear the backlog, and then after all that getting rejected because I uploaded my drivers license and not a passport (my passport is expired).

Well, I submitted a support ticket.  I didn't hear anything back, but I just re-entered by ETH wallet address into the KYC site, and now it is saying that I am successfully registered.

I take back everything bad that I said about Polymath.  I am glad to see that they are trying to make this process work for everyone. Kudos to them for their patience with so many frustrated users.

easypeasy

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:40:43 PM

stop your whinging man just cos you missed out on your 250 tokens, to call it a scam cos u couldnt or didnt want to register is like listening to a child telling his mummy he hates her cos she wont give him a drink of fizzy juice or similar lol

kyc is pretty much the norm nowadays with professional forward thinking companys, get used to it, unless your trying to hide all your stuff from the taxman?
whofeelsitknowsit (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:41:46 PM

stop your whinging man just cos you missed out on your 250 tokens, to call it a scam cos u couldnt or didnt want to register is like listening to a child telling his mummy he hates her cos she wont give him a drink of fizzy juice or similar lol

kyc is pretty much the norm nowadays with professional forward thinking companys, get used to it, unless your trying to hide all your stuff from the taxman?

Next time read the whole thread before you post.

Idiot.

BeruchN

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:43:16 PM

I just uploaded my ID (outside the US) and got verified and passed verification in like 15 seconds.
I also put watermarks all over it.
Got a message I will be getting 250 in the airdrop.

Idk call me paranoid but I wouldn't send in my ID or any other verification documents. But it's still good to know it worked.

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: