Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:25:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitconnect SCAM - DO NOT BUY BITCONNECTX  (Read 697 times)
Xpod78 (OP)

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

Hey there :D

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:24:23 AM

Had 800$ in there >.> hit hard fam, not even so mad that it tanked and I wont get my initial loan amount back, just pissed off as all hell that their website is all fucky.

1. They waited for those cease and desist letters to accumulate.
2. They totally simulated those DDOS attacks, or if they didn't they were TERRIBLE at protection, notice how on bitconnect.co they have some ghetto home-made DDOS protection and on their new ICO they scale up with cloudflare?
3. There is clear market manipulation whenever the market is in continual downturn.
4. They refunded the initial loan amount in Bitconnect NOT bitcoin.
5. DO NOT BUY BITCONNECTX

If you're going to clean up shop do and clean a profit from everyone, just do it. Don't come up with these fake excuses and attempt to continue it on. If you bought the Bitconnectx coin I feel sorry for you, god only knows how long they'll last now that several thousands of people know they're full of shit.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:47:00 AM

For a long time, people were warning about this Ponzi scheme you should have taken out all your funds and invested in some other coins.

Luckily I didn't invest any money on this site and there are rumours that these guys are selling all their bitcoins for cash but not sure whether it is correct or not. I read in one of the telegram channels.

For me, the site is not opening. It got stuck at "Checking your browser before accessing bitconnect.co."
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:45:28 AM

Had 800$ in there >.> hit hard fam, not even so mad that it tanked and I wont get my initial loan amount back, just pissed off as all hell that their website is all fucky.

2. They totally simulated those DDOS attacks, or if they didn't they were TERRIBLE at protection, notice how on bitconnect.co they have some ghetto home-made DDOS protection and on their new ICO they scale up with cloudflare?
3. There is clear market manipulation whenever the market is in continual downturn.

If you're going to clean up shop do and clean a profit from everyone, just do it. Don't come up with these fake excuses and attempt to continue it on. If you bought the Bitconnectx coin I feel sorry for you, god only knows how long they'll last now that several thousands of people know they're full of shit.

still don't get it , what happened exactly with bitconnectx ??
I know that they were running an ICO to keep rolling their ponzi but can't understand what you are talking about ?!
did it fail already ?? cause AFAIK it's really new and not sure if it was even launched yet

anyways I guess you already know the risk of  putting money in such sites right ?!?!  Roll Eyes

EDIT : site opened now and found that
https://bitconnect.co/system-news/94/changes-coming-for-the-bitconnect-system-halt-of-lending-and-exchange-platform
so it's done for their "Lending" and ICO
vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:13:34 AM

I know that they were running an ICO to keep rolling their ponzi but can't understand what you are talking about ?!
did it fail already ?? cause AFAIK it's really new and not sure if it was even launched yet

anyways I guess you already know the risk of  putting money in such sites right ?!?!  Roll Eyes

https://bitconnect.co/system-news/94/changes-coming-for-the-bitconnect-system-halt-of-lending-and-exchange-platform

The price of Bitconnect tokens came crashing from 431$'s to 15.61$'s right now. Everyone sort of knew that they were a ponzi but I assume that a lot of people took a gamble on it. We all know how things are with these Ponzis. They surprisingly were able to gather huuge funds for literally no practical usage with their tokens.

Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:49:09 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 09:59:31 PM by Thadeous

The price of Bitconnect tokens came crashing from 431$'s to 15.61$'s right now. Everyone sort of knew that they were a ponzi but I assume that a lot of people took a gamble on it. We all know how things are with these Ponzis. They surprisingly were able to gather huuge funds for literally no practical usage with their tokens.

Sure, may be you will also explain why BBC crashed that much?
Actually, let me help you: all Bitonnect lenders immediately received BCC.
And what they did? They started selling them instead of holding and thinking what's next!
Xpod78 (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:00:39 PM

And what they did? They started selling them instead of holding and thinking what's next!
They sold because the company that backed the coin and gave it any use closed down. What else were they supposed to do?
Thadeous
Copper Member

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:03:43 PM

They sold because the company that backed the coin and gave it any use closed down. What else were they supposed to do?

Where did company stated that it closed down? Smiley
Learn to read before telling guys...
They notified about "Lending program stop" and about "refunding all investments in BCC".
What else did you hear? Please share it here.
Xpod78 (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:07:15 PM

Where did company stated that it closed down? Smiley
Learn to read before telling guys...
They notified about "Lending program stop" and about "refunding all investments in BCC".
What else did you hear? Please share it here.
https://bitconnect.co/system-news/95/bitconnect-update-regarding-the-changes-to-lending-and-exchange-functions/
I stand corrected actually. Still don't appreciate the method they went about this.
Thadeous
Copper Member

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:20:07 PM

https://bitconnect.co/system-news/95/bitconnect-update-regarding-the-changes-to-lending-and-exchange-functions/
I stand corrected actually. Still don't appreciate the method they went about this.

Well, lending is closed, sad news.
Internal exchange is going to operate, not sure will it be possible or not...
BitconnectX is going to become an exchange platform.
So do you really think that Bitconnect is directly responsible in BCC price fall?
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:57:17 PM

So do you really think that Bitconnect is directly responsible in BCC price fall?

Jesus, dude. Are you really this gullible? Can they really trick you into believing that this is not a scam? Hats off to them in this case. They even made a SECOND token for this supposed exchange. And why does it need a new website? It's a textbook scam. You people got screwed over and due to your inability to accept that, you're deluding yourselves into believing this will have some sort of positive outcome. You really shouldn't be playing with money. You might end up killing yourself over losing your house or something like that.
Xpod78 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:55:33 AM

Jesus, dude. Are you really this gullible? Can they really trick you into believing that this is not a scam? Hats off to them in this case. They even made a SECOND token for this supposed exchange. And why does it need a new website? It's a textbook scam. You people got screwed over and due to your inability to accept that, you're deluding yourselves into believing this will have some sort of positive outcome. You really shouldn't be playing with money. You might end up killing yourself over losing your house or something like that.
Bitconnect was a scam, well formed scam, but a scam. Bitconnectx will no doubt, be a scam as well. Only a matter of time. Bitconnect is primarily responsible for there price fall being as they released all the coins at once and did so in bitconnect not bitcoin. I conceded the point that they closed up shop, because technically they didn't. Bitconnect and Bitconnectx are most undoubtedly ponzi scams.
kiindje

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:39:50 AM

It was proven ponzi pyramid. I'm sorry for your loss but maybe next time you will spend some time to research where you are giving your money.
TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:19:14 PM

Rule of thumb:

Anything that anyone sells you that offers you some technology or strategy to make money, assume that it is a scam unless there is good reason to believe it isn't.

Sorry you got screwed over in this Ponzi scheme. It must be a very frustrating experience. Sad

Xpod78 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:23:55 PM

Rule of thumb:

Anything that anyone sells you that offers you some technology or strategy to make money, assume that it is a scam unless there is good reason to believe it isn't.

Sorry you got screwed over in this Ponzi scheme. It must be a very frustrating experience. Sad
Yeah I knew what I was getting into :/ that's why not so bummed out about the loss. In the world of bitcoin, and in general, if it's too good to be true, it is.
TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:30:37 PM

Rule of thumb:

Yeah I knew what I was getting into :/ that's why not so bummed out about the loss. In the world of bitcoin, and in general, if it's too good to be true, it is.

I think it would be great if there was someway to find out when a Ponzi is fresh or has been around awhile. It would be fun to get into an early Ponzi and then exit before it crashes. I never have entered a Ponzi because I never know how far along in the Ponzi process it is.

Thadeous
Copper Member

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:23:28 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 01:54:49 PM by Thadeous

I'm not going to argue with you guys.

The only things I'm definitely sure are:
- Bitconnect is responsible for Lending platform crash;
- but Bitconnect returned all BCC to their lenders;
- and all you "scamming" and "ponzing" creamers here are also responsible in BCC price dramatic fall,
because of the panic among Bitconnect lenders, provoked by your "scamming" and "ponzing" flood.

piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:15:29 PM

People were actually going crazy about bitconnect ponzi when it was live and many have also made huge amount of money but I have never invested any penny in it because the way they used to work was not stable and it was pure hyip model.

They used to talk about lending software which is just their fake claim. They were scammers from starting and the only person who got rich in this pyramid ponzi is only the owner of the site.
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:22:55 PM

Just to clear up what xplode78 had said had happened to them.

The bitconnect company did not close. Their lending platform did close.
The company has rebranded and will be an exchange using what they built up from the lending platform in these BCC tokens and will be using that as whatever they plan on doing with them.
Maybe they want to be contenders to what binance has done as they have had over 5 million sign ups in the past month or how ever it took them to achieve this mark in a customer base.

What they will be doing next is still up in the air and should be trend with caution if you want to continue on with them and hold their tokens.
It seems that alot of their members have made their decision and sell off their shares in BCC and have moved on.

That is their own right and the decision they have chosen.
As with every other ICO/token/alt coin out there.

You pick and choose which one you believe in and stick with them.
Through thick and the thin.

And at this moment and time, bitconnect is walking a thin line right now. Embarrassed
Xpod78 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:17:26 PM

The company has rebranded and will be an exchange using what they built up from the lending platform in these BCC tokens and will be using that as whatever they plan on doing with them.
Maybe they want to be contenders to what binance has done as they have had over 5 million sign ups in the past month or how ever it took them to achieve this mark in a customer base.

What they will be doing next is still up in the air and should be trend with caution if you want to continue on with them and hold their tokens.
It seems that alot of their members have made their decision and sell off their shares in BCC and have moved on.

And at this moment and time, bitconnect is walking a thin line right now. Embarrassed
Xpod78*  Wink and true, to each there own. Personally though, I wouldn't touch there new Bitconnectx ICO.
Thadeous
Copper Member

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:42:35 PM

I have nothing to add to what is written above.
Thank you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: