Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:07:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Experience With BitCoin And The Industry Within  (Read 736 times)
aksplace (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:15:20 AM

First off would like to say thank you to all the members who have welcomed me on board. I'm a 31 year old male from the great state of Kansas who enjoys working online and being able to spend time with his family. Although I was extremely suspicious of the entire concept of Bitcoin it has grown on me. First I guess I should mention the downfalls I have had while being an active bitcoin cash member. From doing some research on a legitimate coin dealer I came up with Coinbase.com as my preferred banker. Was a terrible experience from the get go as I don't think they was ready for a member like me! Originally to verify my name and account information they sent me 2 random amounts of money which later I had to upload to my account to verify. I did so and within seconds I was jumped up to a level 1 member! When you live paycheck to paycheck however things get close and later on the week they did an unauthorized ACH in the amount of what they originally sent me. I would not have had a problem with this assuming they would have told me prior so I could have kept that change in my account! It ended up costing me 29.00 for a bounced ACH and a little pride in the entire system. They never did issue me that credit or even an apology after sending them this documentation to prove they had no permission or recourse to do what they did.

The Good:
Unanimous and easy withdraws to the bank account has to be a primary reason on why I enjoy the service. I was one of the few randomly selected from Google Wallet to use the email based service and although that is free as well right now it does not have the "Gamble" effect I receive with Bitcoins. As long as if the value of bitcoins keep going up one cannot complain about that I guess lol! The community here although new has been pretty solid except for a few sour grapes and hope that continues. Anyhow feel free to tell me your story on the entire BitCoin side of things really interested in reading it.

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:48:18 AM

I avoided all that kind of monkey business.

I do transactions with real humans, face to face.  My very first Bitcoin transaction:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137272.msg2227831#msg2227831

I don't give them my name, address, and bank account info.

But I still need to be careful.
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 04:02:42 AM

^ the right way, if possible.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
aksplace (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 07:10:16 AM

I visited that website only issue is the price they are about 20% higher locally then what I can get online.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: