Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:47:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The real fake news  (Read 143 times)
Cryptocarnage? (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:50:14 AM

I’m calling fake news on all the crap I’m reading in the media about miner fees going up ! Fake news let me explain why
mining fees are falling priced in satoshis
Mining fees are rising in dollars because dollars are in a hyperinflation against bitcoin
We should not be measuring value in dollars / fiat curriences because what your saying is dollar is the standard I disagree I say bitcoin is the standard we should be pricing everything in BTC

So what is the standard going forward fiat or bitcoin ?
1apps

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:58:04 AM

read the white paper the project was to create a p2p fast and cheap way to do minor cost trades among friends

like pizza deals

the node network is a joke, the public ledger is not anonymous

it's a toy p2p system that is now too slow and costly to use

it would cost around 10 billion or so to build a super computer network with real crypto not junk kolbitz curve theory at it's core to make a legit crypto super highway to run the world

btc has no real value in the world and today you saw how every crypto connected to it was crushed as btc went down

it's time to move into a real crypto project with experts not clowns

Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:23:04 AM

Yes the OP is right, fake news and if we devalued the cost of land based on the cost of tulip after the price
crashed then land prices in Holland at today's prices would only cost $50 needed to build a house.

$30 just to store 250 bytes of data goes way back to before we had 48K ZX-Spectrum computers
selling at $140 each and even they could do more than seven transactions per second using Spectrum
Basic so yes it's good playing with numbers and what the OP is really saying is that we should be paying
about $95,000,000 for a 1GB pen stick today

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:39:44 AM

It's not fake news. Even if you price transaction fees in satoshis, ignoring its USD value, it's still priced much higher than it was. The current recommended fee by bitcoinfees is a whopping 510 satoshis per byte. A few months ago, it was possible to have a 5 satoshis per byte transaction confirm in a few hours. Now you need around 150 for the same effect.

Fact of the matter is, there are way too many transactions that users are going on a bidding war for confirmations. It's real.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: