Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:30:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Organizing a group buy for 50+ BFL 600 GH/s Monarch ASIC cards  (Read 18730 times)
slavix (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 07:55:40 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 10:39:39 AM by slavix

Hello all,
I am a bitcoin enthusiast, miner and trader. I trade on localbitcoins.com under profile https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/bitcoinerS/
my email: bitcoiner@cryptomoon.com

I am organizing a group buy for Monarch cards to combine purchasing power and get better prices.

To join Monarch Group Buy or to sign up for Cryptomoon Hosting email me at bitcoiner@cryptomoon.com with your full name included and let me know if you have any questions and how many Monarchs you want to order.

Our orders so far:
Oct 4.   - 26
Oct 9.   - 12
Oct 18. - 3
Oct 21  - 4
Oct 23  - 8
Oct 25  - 3
Nov 6   - 1
Nov 26 - 1
Nov 29 - 1
Dec 30 - 8

Monarchs ordered: 67

Next order will likely be placed about 1-2 weeks after current one.

Since I signed an NDA with Butterfly Labs, I am not at liberty to discuss private BFL pricing information.
Retail price of one Monarch card is $2,196. Thanks to BFL institutional pricing discount I am able to offer these prices to our group.

Attention:
These are - "Monarch Group Buy" prices I am able to offer as part of this group buy. These are NOT BFL prices.

Pricing will depend on number of Monarch cards ordered. All group participants will benefit from participating in the group buy. Those who order more cards will get a bigger discount.

Cards ordered:
1 --------- $2,000 (discount $196 or 8.93%)
2 --------- $1,975 (discount $221 or 10.06%)
3 to 5 ---- $1,950 (discount $246 or 11.20%)
6 to 10 -- $1,925 (discount $271 or 12.34%)
Over 10 - $1,900 (discount $296 or 13.48%)

For convenience of managing this group buy I will have to restrict payment options to bitcoins, wire transfers and bank cash deposits. No credit cards, paypal etc. Nothing that has a risk of charge-backs.

Monarch Hosting prices
12 months prepaid
- $1,512 ($126 per month) - Butterfly Labs hosting
- $1,107.81 ($92.32 per month)* - Cryptomoon hosting

6 months prepaid
- $602.78 ($100.46 per month)* - Cryptomoon hosting

3 months prepaid
- $313.61 ($104.54 per month)* - Cryptomoon hosting

no prepayment (pay monthly in dollars or bitcoins)
- $108.61 per month* - Cryptomoon hosting

* Hosting - In addition to hosting provided by Butterfly Labs, I want to recommend an excellent option for hosting at a data center near Seattle - Cryptomoon Hosting. Our data center has access to some of the cheapest, hydro-power generated, electricity in the world and we are offering some of the best terms in the industry for managed co-location hosting. Your miners will run in a secure, insured, optimally cooled, fully managed environment. Ask me for more information if interested.

Cryptomoon Hosting Disclaimer: Monthly hosting estimate is based on the manufacturer’s public specification. Final monthly pricing will be based on the actual watts used. Prices are subject to change without prior notice.

To join Monarch Group Buy or to sign up for Cryptomoon Hosting email me at bitcoiner@cryptomoon.com with your full name included and let me know if you have any questions and how many Monarchs you want to order.

Project status and notes.
- Aug 18. Interest has been quite high and I already have expressed interest for 30+ cards after only one day of starting this group! At this rate I may be able to place our first group buy order in about a week or two, likely less. Go ahead and share this thread with others who may be interested.

- Aug 19. Spoke with Dave of Butterfly Labs. I will have to sign NDA to get information on institutional pricing. Sent him an email requesting NDA form to sign. Will continue discussion with Dave after NDA form is signed.

- Aug 20. Signed and emailed back the NDA form. Waiting to hear back from Dave.

- Aug 21. Spoke with Dave from Butterfly Labs. Everything is going quite well and Dave was very friendly and accommodating. I now have all the required information to go forward with this project.

- Aug 22.
I am planning to place first order as soon as we have close to 50 confirmations.

- Aug 26. Unfortunately many more people expressed interest in participating than actually confirmed readiness to order. So far I have confirmations for only 11 cards as some people backed out on fears over growing network difficulty and uncertainty over ROI. At this point we do not have required number of cards to place first order.
As soon as I have at least 40+ cards confirmed I will get started.

- Aug. 28. Answering a question that gets frequently asked - Can I combine orders for upgrade? - YES. We will be combining and upgrading multiple Butterfly Labs pre-orders when placing our group buy order. I checked with Dave of Butterfly Labs and got an OK.

- Sept. 3. Working on a plan that may allow fractional participation. I hope to be able to offer group buy participants an option to order less than a whole Monarch card for a fractional ownership. This option would require Seattle Data Center hosting. I am working on a document describing the offer and will consult with a Law firm on details.

- Sept 4. I have some good news. I spoke with Dave of Butterfly Labs this morning and even though we do not yet have 50 cards confirmed for the first order, he said it was ok for us to go ahead and get started with what we have so far. This means we can get started on placing our first order!

There is one condition though that I must make you aware of. When speaking with Dave on logistics of placing this order he made it clear that it would be a heavy administrative burden on them to ship our group buy order to multiple addresses. Our group buy order will have to be shipped to me to be reshipped to you or to the Seattle Data Center for hosting. I told Dave that this may be unattractive to some of our investors as they do not know me enough or trust me enough to handle their precious hardware. Dave said he will think about this issue further, but for now this is the only option.

- Sept. 7 I am preparing an option to group participants to order LESS THAN A WHOLE Monarch card. One could order a fraction of a card for a fractional share of the bitcoins produced.

I think this will be attractive to many BFL customers with existing pre-orders who can opt to upgrade WITHOUT SPENDING ANY MORE MONEY. Depending on when one placed an order with BFL and what prices were at the time, an upgrade to a partial Monarch would bring an increase in hashing power of about 3-6 times. I was advised by my lawyer to remove text advertising this option for now, before it is ready. I am currently putting together a document detailing this option.

- Sept. 11. OK. Service agreement document I have been working on with an attorney is almost ready. Today I am planning to talk to Dave and set our first order process in motion.

- Sept 12. Spoke with Dave this morning. We are good to go! I am making last preparations on service agreement document and will soon start sending out invoices and service agreement to group buy participants. Stay tuned!

- Sept 16. Almost done.

- Sept 17. Service agreement document is ready. Sending out to all group participants who confirmed readiness to be on the first order. If I missed you somehow and you did not get an email with service agreement please let me know asap. Next steps are invoicing, collecting funds, then placing the order.

- Sept 20. Sent invoices out to all who sent me signed service agreements. Collecting payments due and upgrade orders.

- Sept 25. Funds are collected, all but one upgradable order have been transferred to my account. We are ready to place the order. I am currently waiting on Dave of BFL to resolve some website issues they are working on which are preventing processing of our big order. Dave promised to get back to me tomorrow with update on fixes. Will place the order as soon as Dave is ready to process it. Hopefully very soon now.

Sept 26. Still waiting to hear back from Dave..

Sept 27. Unfortunately despite numerous attempts to get in touch with Dave, I am yet to succeed. Waiting to hear back from BFL to place the order.. Getting a bit annoyed by the delay.

Oct 1. Doing my best to place the order asap. Calling, emailing and messaging BFL daily to get someone to help place the order already! Quite annoyed at this point by the long delay. BFL_Jody promised to follow up with me tomorrow morning after I sent her a PM.

Oct 2. Got a response from BFL. They are still working on website feature that would allow merging multiple current pre-orders into one new order. This is what has been preventing us from placing the order so far. No eta from Dave yet..

Oct 3. Got a call today from Paul of BFL. Starting the order placing process. Sent him a spreadsheet with a list of upgrade bound pre-orders. Waiting to hear back from Paul with invoice.

Oct 4. Great news! Our first order for 26 Monarchs has been placed. I am quite exited and relieved to have completed this phase of the project.

Oct 9. Second order for 12 Monarchs placed.

Oct 18. Another order for 3 Monarchs placed.

Oct 21. 4 more Monarchs ordered.

Oct 23. 8 Monarchs ordered.

Oct 25. 3 Monarchs ordered.

Nov 6. 1 Monarch ordered.

Nov 26. 1 Monarch ordered.

Dec 30. Another 8 Monarchs ordered.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 08:07:18 AM

Hello all,
I am a bitcoin enthusiast, miner and trader. I trade on localbitcoins.com under profile https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/bitcoinerS/

Butterly Labs just announced their latest next generation ASIC 600 GH/s cards for $4680. Planned delivery is end of 2013. This is an incredible deal and I am planning to buy a few cards myself and want to organize a group buy to combine purchasing power and get a discount. If you are interested in participating reply below or send me a PM.

Description on https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/600-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html

600 GH Bitcoin Mining Card
The Monarch BPU 600 C
$4,680.00

Performance Specifications

600 GH/s nominal performance ( + - 20% )
350w (0.6w/GH conservative estimate)

what kind of discount are they offering?
slavix (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 08:09:49 AM

what kind of discount are they offering?

That is yet unknown. I am going to contact BFL tomorrow to get more information. However description on BFL website mentions discounted pricing for orders of 50+ cards.
vgo
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 08:47:35 AM

Planned delivery is end of 2013.

Smiley Cheesy Grin
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:26:15 AM

Planned delivery is end of 2013. ... I am planning to buy a few cards myself and want to organize a group buy to combine purchasing power and get a discount. If you are interested in participating reply below or send me a PM.

Three questions.

1) Are you serious ?
 2) Are you aware of Butterfly Labs' history with shipping schedules ?
 3) Are you high right now ?
slavix (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:31:51 AM

Planned delivery is end of 2013. ... I am planning to buy a few cards myself and want to organize a group buy to combine purchasing power and get a discount. If you are interested in participating reply below or send me a PM.

Three questions.

1) Are you serious ?
 2) Are you aware of Butterfly Labs' history with shipping schedules ?
 3) Are you high right now ?

I am very serious and already have a few interested customers. I can not guarantee anything beyond what is promised by Butterfly Labs. However this offer is quite incredible and currently the best on the market.

Monarch cards list for $4680 for 600 GH/s that is 7.8 $/GH/s! Much better than any competition. With group buy we will get even better prices. PM me your email and number of cards you want to order and I will add you to our group buy list.
iANDROID

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Swiss Money all around me!

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:35:45 AM

Monarch cards list for $4680 for 600 GH/s that is 7.8 $/GH/s! Much better than any competition. With group buy we will get even better prices. PM me your email and number of cards you want to order and I will add you to our group buy list.

For now!

And:

BFL has delivered only 11% of their queue.

They are offering credit swaps for ppl who havent recived their units for a 10% fee

They are offering pre-sales for this new product after clearly stating "Chip development is traditionally a 12 month process"

Draw your own conclusions

This will be worst than 2012 preorders

slavix (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:38:12 AM

Butterly labs is offering such good prices that even if they are late these cards will pay for themselves many times over.
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:12:01 PM

Why would u pre order with BFL if you do you will get your pre order in 2015

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 02:13:34 PM

Why would u pre order with BFL if you do you will get your pre order in 2015

OMG you think by now he would get it...this has now been the 3rd time they've announced something that will be ready by christmas time in the same year...they want people to upgrade again and send more money...the orders they make could then be used to fulfill later units in queue.  If you really think its smart to drop what estimates to be over 600K on hardware then you should instead put your money on 10 TH Turnkey mining - DELIVERED RIGHT NOW not in "two weeks (tm)"

http://alydian.co/

desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:34:26 PM

Considering BFL's past I think it's a slap in the face to offer pre-orders the 3rd time.

I do have orders with BFL (early single), and early jalapenos coming in the post.

I would avoid doing any business with them until they sort out their current backlog.
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:23:57 PM

this post is a joke right? i'm waiting for the punchline..
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:54:22 PM

yes, this post is a joke - bfl probably  bought OPs account.
nothing regarding BFL and buying anything from them can be taken seriously.

i wouldn't buy anything from them since their unofficial guarantee is that they'll fuck you and make fun of you.

ok
apollojmr

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:09:20 PM

Butterly labs is offering such good prices that even if they are late these cards will pay for themselves many times over.

BFL is now out of money from all of the pre-orders they took for the last ASICs. This will be the boost they need to keep running and producing all of the old orders. They are a joke and I am almost at the point of telling them to keep the 3 fuckin singles I ordered and talked to Dave the same guy offering discounts on orders of 50+ and was assured NO LATER than July 31st. Now I am given an offer to retract my order on their terms of extending out for another pre-order???WTF?? So wait a minute they can cancel my order but I cant?? I dislike them very much right now and I just hope you do not end up being the bad guy for taking a bunch of newbies money and waiting for years to get the product.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
millsdmb

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:13:37 PM

Punchline is in the video in my signature.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
davewr2013

Activity: 238

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:42:08 PM

When you have some cards in hand -- please contact me. I will take one if the market is still of a state that the product would make sense -- to me.

CIH-ONS

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:52:28 PM

Punchline is in the video in my signature.

lol good stuff
joshv06

Activity: 991

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 07:55:41 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2013, 08:56:08 PM by joshv06

Dude please don't give them any of your money. I have 2 SC orders from July 15 2012. Still waiting. I have lost so much potential profit. They don't give an eff about us.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
millsdmb

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 07:56:50 PM

Let me quote from the Monarch Website:

"Institutional Pricing:  If you would like to purchase 50 or more cards, please contact Dave McClain for institutional pricing: 913-710-4865"

Well, Instead of calling Dave, I sent him a Email.

ME
Dear Dave,

I would love to see your quote for 77 units of the monarch BPU 600 c

Thanks in advance

Daves reply:
Christian,

There are no special pricing or quantity discounts. The price on the website is the same for 1 or 77.

--
With appreciation,

Dave
Butterfly Labs, Inc.
Account Manager
800-809-6463 (MINE) Ext. 101

my reply:
What the fuck, seriously?

Let me quote the butterflylabs website:

"Institutional Pricing:  If you would like to purchase 50 or more cards, please contact Dave McClain for institutional pricing: 913-710-4865"

and finally dave:
My sincerest apologies. What time can we talk this week?

How stupid is that company? hilarious!

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
Axios
Donator

Activity: 131

Axios Foundation

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 07:57:00 PM

Dude please don't give them any of your money. I have 2 SC orders from July 15. Still waiting. I have lost so much potential profit. They don't give an eff about us.

July 15th 2012 or 2013? Though I assume the prior - 2012

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: