Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:55:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange and its wallet  (Read 139 times)
AishaIvy (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:39:54 AM

Guys, I know that there's already been lots of such topics, but I'm a newbie, may I ask, do you use wallets that provide specifit exchange services. And if yes, what are they. I'm recently planning to create an acc but I'm afraid to make a mistake. I already have bad experience with hitbtc, so I've turned to a very suspicious type

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ivlarshall

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:52:30 AM

If you're actively trading with them, you can keep coins in exchange service, it'll be probably cheaper (in fees) to keep them stored at the exchange though. But if you're planning on holding I strongly recommend to keep them in a secure desktop or hardware wallet.
Exchange may get hacked, it's not as safe as hard wallet.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3426

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 05:47:06 AM

do you use wallets that provide specifit exchange services. And if yes, what are they.
Yes, Exodus: https://www.exodus.io/
It's a desktop wallet that has a built in exchange feature (by ShapeShift). The only downside of this, is the fact that you can't use a custom transaction fee.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
NikitaSkublov0202

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:08:09 AM

That's really a personal opinion. I keep the bulk of mine on Coinbase in the hope that they are well insured and secure. Some of my friends refuse to keep most of their's on exchanges though due to past issues. I also use Freewalet because of low fees
AishaIvy (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:11:27 AM

do you use wallets that provide specifit exchange services. And if yes, what are they.
Yes, Exodus: https://www.exodus.io/
It's a desktop wallet that has a built in exchange feature (by ShapeShift). The only downside of this, is the fact that you can't use a custom transaction fee.

That's really a personal opinion. I keep the bulk of mine on Coinbase in the hope that they are well insured and secure. Some of my friends refuse to keep most of their's on exchanges though due to past issues. I also use Freewalet because of low fees

Thanks for recommendation, guys! I definitely should check it!
AishaIvy (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:15:55 AM

Cryptocurency Exchange also have security measures but is not advisable to store a large amount of Crytocurrencies. Hackers are tirelessly working day and night to steal BTC's in an Exchange. Convenience is one of the common reasons why people are always storing their money in an Exchange. Also in real life, most people are not storing their money in bank because it also has the possibilities to be robbed, more likely in an exchange which is Digital and hosted by the internet.
Set up a wallet specifically a cold storage.

Yeap, but I'm more like looking for a healthy exchange service.
MirandaGreen12

Activity: 131
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:19:55 AM

Cryptocurency Exchange also have security measures but is not advisable to store a large amount of Crytocurrencies. Hackers are tirelessly working day and night to steal BTC's in an Exchange. Convenience is one of the common reasons why people are always storing their money in an Exchange. Also in real life, most people are not storing their money in bank because it also has the possibilities to be robbed, more likely in an exchange which is Digital and hosted by the internet.
Set up a wallet specifically a cold storage.

Yeap, but I'm more like looking for a healthy exchange service.

I strongly recommend you to check Freewallet, it's exactly what you need as I see. They offer 0% transaction fee for BTC inside there system. And outside fee also good.
Camillee

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:34:10 AM

I'm also voting for FreeWallet. Use it for three month already and never get any problem. Saved a bunch of money on fees. They offer 0% transaction fee for BTC inside there system. And outside fee also good. But it's not that good for little cheap coins, because the system does not always cope with the load. But support solve problems fast enough.
Before I used BitcoinCore, and I was OK with it, but now the commission is just incredibly big, to make a transaction the commission for a BTC is 15 bucks. Freewallet is way better
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: