Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:54:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be replaced by new coins?  (Read 152 times)
BlazingBlack_Dragon (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:03:26 AM

IMO, I think Bitcoin is already an old technology and improvements are not fast enough to be improve the transaction speed, no smart contract yet.
RSK is still being developed for smart contracts.

Will Dash, NEO, ETH, etc will replace it in the near future - 3-5 years?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 07:07:58 AM

IMO, I think Bitcoin is already an old technology and improvements are not fast enough to be improve the transaction speed, no smart contract yet.

Bitcoin is something that has remained at the top for so long woth all things considered that is happening in the cryptocurrency world. However, I have an ikling that it might not last for too long especially woth the volatility still of bitcoin and the rise of some cruptocurrency especially the renowned ethereum which has really been making waves due to it being a smart currency

Zirch

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:09:22 AM

Hello, everyone

If you think , replace in rank position another coin was change bitcoin position...

For 3-5 it can possible , if bitcoin couldn't grow higher sooner

LindaFallar

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:14:34 AM

As a future full member of Bitcoin, I think that bitcoin will be replaced by another coin but in a sense that it has a big connection with bitcoin. It might be that bitcoin will be upgraded, and be replaced by another coins. If time pass by, we should replace an old system like bitcoin in order for everybody to be more comfortable in accessing some transaction.
cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:18:58 AM

Yes that could be possible if another coin has better technology. But if you mean improving transaction speed, i heard about Lightning Network that still under development. If that happen and make bitcoin better than it will be hard for replacing bitcoin. But still there some chance for another coin for replace it.

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:21:19 AM

Bitcoin will be replaced by another coin, this is a must. But that coin has not invented and not in use yet. Any coin, token, that is on the market now, have not strong marketing power as Bitcoin and have not enough technology to replace Bitcoin and will never replace Bitcoin.
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:22:50 AM

I do not see bitcoin can be replaced, especially not by a new coin.
In my eyes, many of the new coins that come up are only made to make quick money.
That throws a bad light on all the new coins that come up, which leads to a lack of trust in the new coins.
And trust is something the coin needs to be successful on the long run.
Bitcoin has that trust, but for a new coin it will be hard to reach that.
tikaka

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:25:32 AM

I doubt it can. In the future I think many people will know bitcoin, and the use of bitcoin for payment will become popular. I think there will be a way to use bitcoin to pay money faster than traditional money

hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:29:29 AM

I think bitcoin will remain the best crypto until bitcoin supplies run out, and then replaced by another altcoin.
today I do not see any other altcoin that has good growth and strong stability, besides NEO and ETH.
I think NEO and ETH will replace BTC. but after the supply of bitcoin runs out. not the next 3 or 5 years.
Phoenixpple

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:36:56 AM

I think that with the development of block chain technology, there will be a coin that will replace bitcoin. Of course, the investment attribute of bitcoin will exist for a long time. Considering application, there are many coins that may exceed the bitcoin, and the most likely is ETH.
Baimovic

Activity: 1210

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:42:35 AM

I think that with the development of block chain technology, there will be a coin that will replace bitcoin. Of course, the investment attribute of bitcoin will exist for a long time. Considering application, there are many coins that may exceed the bitcoin, and the most likely is ETH.
yes, I agree with you, bitcoin will always occupy the top seat among other altcoins, but why, you think that ETH is what will replace bitcoin? why not BCH or BTG or Zcash?

javaepp

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:44:31 AM

I think the answer is yes. If a new and better coin is released, Bitcoin will be replaced.
Rrita

Activity: 670
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:51:26 AM

I am not agreed with you.No one coin can bet with bitcoin. Eth now also taking a lot of fees,and transaction taking a lot of time.only waves is my choose at this point.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:01:26 AM

your opinion is wrong because bitcoin is improved by a lot in the past few years and it is THE new technology despite what the altcoin advertisers lie to you. you think ETH, Dash, NEO,... that you are so hot about are using some super duper advance technology? no it is the same thing with a tiny bit of change!

and smart contracts are currently available in bitcoin and with RSK it will be more advanced and free to use. and tell me something, when was the last time a smart contract was used for something real? show me a real world application that I can go out and see using smart contracts? so far every single "smart contract" has been an ICO to raise some funds and get rich without any product.
not to mention the scaling issues that these altcoins you names are facing! sometimes even harder than bitcoin.

Only Bitcoin
abaidudez

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:21:15 AM

Bitcoin is not an old technology. It uses blockchain technology and what Ethereum using is blockchain technology also. I'm not that good in technical thing of blockchain but I can say that Bitcoin will still find ways to improve transaction speed. I don't think that any altcoin can replace Bitcoin. It will only be replaced if it will be removed. Which I think will not going to happen.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
zabjerr

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 08:21:30 AM

it's not possible to replace a coin of a country like the United States of America would not allow it to replace their bitcoin coin, as well as our country is increasingly disqualified because our coin is a hero. the bitcoin coin was just him right now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: