Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:09:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCONNECT...Scam?  (Read 239 times)
Jacsnuffles (OP)

Activity: 211
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 07:14:24 AM

What is your point of view in this issue? I want to know if this is really a Scam. My aunt invested $15,000 in it.

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:20:13 AM

Yes, it was indeed a Ponzi scheme and many people tried to warn everyone to stay away from it so they would not lose their money for the past year. But greed gets the better of people and in the end the scammers always seem to win out over common sense.

Your aunt's money is basically gone. Did she invest in it on her own or because of your influence?
jeni99

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:02:15 AM

this issue is becoming a trending topic
https://www.ccn.com/bitconnect-shuts-cryptocurrency-exchange-citing-bad-press-ddos-attacks-regulator-scrutiny/
jorse

Activity: 151

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:32:57 PM

What is your point of view in this issue? I want to know if this is really a Scam. My aunt invested $15,000 in it.
I really hope that this problem can be quickly resolved, because what I know this currency is a currency of great interest, And I think this is not a scam, it could be just a reprimand from governments in various countries, to more clearly the system and the movement of this currency, hopefully can be re-access again...
fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:15:48 PM

In the first place bitconnect is already a ponzi scheme but they still want to invest into it , now a lot of bcc members are crying of what was happened, bitconnect preparing for a shutdown.

sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:21:06 PM

Are you sure that it's really your aunt that invested that amount to bitconnect or you are the one that did that mistake and you are just pointing out to someone innocent?

Well let's get on this straight. No one will tell you good thing about this proven scam. Bitconnect is a scam and with their lending platform that's only their front but their whole system is a total fake one.

$15,000 is no joke and what price did your aunt entered to bitconnect? I'm sorry for your loss you did invested to the wrong platform and it's a ponzi scam.

boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:42:12 PM

It was ponzi scheme and scam from the beginning.
Why she invested, didn't she read scam accusation board? All warning signs? High daily returns, high referral share and so on...
Glad it's closed, not glad that people lost money.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lara644

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:45:58 PM

Whether its scam or not, the coin is gone and it would never resurrect , they returned initial investment when coin price is already a crap. I was involved but am glad I already earned the money I put into it(even more than it) which was a small amount. I learnt my lesson tho and am staying away from all these ponzi and lending platforms forever.
ejhayehm

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:27:45 AM

if you analyze closely, they are not that scam at all because all the money you got in there are all converted back to bitconnect coins and these coins can be withdrawn or trade to other cryptos, the problem is the value of the coins itself crashes down. the only way to get the value for your money is to hold until it the price reaches somewhere in $300 to $400.
Nazarov

Activity: 362

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:59:53 PM

I think that this is another Scam, the more warning you all already for a long time

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:31:38 PM

from what i know they were constantly under attack from hackers using
denial -of-service attacks[I think].

Everyone was refunded their initial investment in bitconnect currency
which is still in a bit of turmoil and is climbing back a bit.

I wasnt invested with them myself but a friend was and the above is
the case according to him.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Alo Frankfurt

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:42:41 PM

It was a scam.
There were few posts that BitConnect is a scam.
But people did not see those posts or they though it is not a scam..
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:59:09 AM

I don't think your aunt can still recover her investments if ever she got awakened from this ponzi sheme so I'm sorry for her loss. Follow credible youtubers like Boxmining because he is more technical so next time you and your aunt will not get scammed by the likes of bitconnect and always stay from any lending investments.
Nazarov

Activity: 362

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:47:00 AM

This is already a saying, I'll listen to the majority opinion and think that it is a Scam. It is better not to participate in this scheme

spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:30:45 PM

if you analyze closely, they are not that scam at all because all the money you got in there are all converted back to bitconnect coins and these coins can be withdrawn or trade to other cryptos, the problem is the value of the coins itself crashes down. the only way to get the value for your money is to hold until it the price reaches somewhere in $300 to $400.
There is nothing to be analyzed. There is no problem with value because there isn't any value and there isn't any way to get your money back that shit is never going to bounce back to 400$.
Face the reality, that was ponzi scheme and it collapsed. Period.

siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 04:46:16 AM

Bitconnect is a ponzi scheme for sure. The only thing is that it is managed very well and therefore still running. I have heard that Bitconnect is launching a new project, BitconnectX. Usually this kind of behavior suggests that their original funds are decreasing and so now they need a new product to increase the incoming funds flow. If I was in your aunt's place, I would have surely withdrawn my funds.

superving

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:59:51 PM

Bitconnect is now signing off. Those who invested lately accept the fact that bitconnect is a ponzi scheme, like what they say onoy invest what you can afforsd to lose.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:12:35 PM

https://www.sec.gov/fast-answers/answersponzihtm.html

"What are some Ponzi scheme "red flags"?
Many Ponzi schemes share common characteristics. Look for these warning signs:

High investment returns with little or no risk. Every investment carries some degree of risk, and investments yielding higher returns typically involve more risk. Be highly suspicious of any "guaranteed" investment opportunity.

Overly consistent returns. Investment values tend to go up and down over time, especially those offering potentially high returns. Be suspect of an investment that continues to generate regular, positive returns regardless of overall market conditions.

Unregistered investments. Ponzi schemes typically involve investments that have not been registered with the SEC or with state regulators. Registration is important because it provides investors with access to key information about the company's management, products, services, and finances.

Unlicensed sellers. Federal and state securities laws require investment professionals and their firms to be licensed or registered. Most Ponzi schemes involve unlicensed individuals or unregistered firms.

Secretive and/or complex strategies. Avoiding investments you do not understand, or for which you cannot get complete information, is a good rule of thumb.
Issues with paperwork. Do not accept excuses regarding why you cannot review information about an investment in writing. Also, account statement errors and inconsistencies may be signs that funds are not being invested as promised.

Difficulty receiving payments. Be suspicious if you do not receive a payment or have difficulty cashing out your investment. Keep in mind that Ponzi scheme promoters routinely encourage participants to "roll over" investments and sometimes promise returns offering even higher returns on the amount rolled over."

so bitconnect fulfilled every single criteria for a ponzi scheme. and it had the courtesy to prove it as well. i feel for anyone who lost money but i'm also disgusted at them for being that blinkered and dumb.
LEINADbtc

Activity: 240

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:42:22 PM

Of course it is.
I feel sorry for your aunt. You should've know that it was a scam.
How can you get 1% per day without doing anything?

——< Datecoin | The fastest successful match. The hottest ICO ever. >——
ANN | Medium | Twitter Facebook | LinkdedIn | Telegram
SimplyEverything

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

Escrow

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:35:26 PM

It is a scam,
They were doing fine with the transaction fees made and etc they could payout but they blame the community, press and government for making the reputation bad so they decide to refund everybody with their investment but they refund at the price of $300++ / BCC upon doing that the price of BCC flew to $10 within minutes, probably they informed top promotors / VIP and all of them.dump those coins and eventually making the price went to $10 and I was unlucky I woke up after the dump and saw price of BCC at $10 so my investment of $580 went straight to $15 or so. So what can I do with those tokens just stake it 1.5BCC kinda a joke but overall a good learning experience, from now on I would not promote anymore lending platform and everyone who wants to invest into lending plaform do your due diligence... Getting in early is a good thing they may make u rich at the start when it's time to pull out, just pull out and you will never regret. 1 time experience is enough.

-Peace-
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: