Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:41:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin legal?  (Read 657 times)
Tan_avia)vl.

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:25:26 PM

Each country is individual. One must be very careful and know well the laws in the country of residence. For example, there are countries that have accepted cryptocurrency and are simply trying to regulate it. For example, Belarus.

klavuhn

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:07:32 PM

Its depends on your country. In my country its ilegal because its risky for abuse.
chibimanau

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:45:49 PM

I knew that there are a great many of people in my country use Bitcoin but I dont know whether Bitcoin is legal or not?

Bitcoin is not managed by the government, but they can ban it. This depends on the country you live in. Currently there are some countries banned bitcoin, but I believe, the future they will cancel the ban, for its great benefit.
Littlebunny88

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:17:14 PM

I think bitcoin could be legal if the government legalizes bitcoin as an international currency. but in my opinion, now bitcoin is legal to use because bitcoin is easy to use even already many web that use bitcoin as a means of payment. and this makes it easier for us to transact using bitcoins instead of having to use a credit card.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:06:42 PM

Bitcoin legal in some country and illegal in other country and that depends on the financial laws of the country where you live if he authorizes bitcoin or not
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:11:27 PM

It's depended on where you live. In some country, Bitcoin is legal, Japan is one example, but in some other countries, Bitcoin is illegal. You can learn your government law to know if Bitcoin is legal in your country.
ICO Enthusiast

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:44:45 AM

The legality of Bitcoin varies from country to country. In some countries, Bitcoin is legal and in some countries, it's not.
perfryan

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:04:21 AM

I knew that there are a great many of people in my country use Bitcoin but I dont know whether Bitcoin is legal or not?

Digital money to be legal means of payments.
I know Russia they legalised bitcoin.law ammends Russia's civil code
To create a basis for legal reactions in the digital economy
The new law cryptocurrencies  are referred to as a digital money.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
merklexy

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:31:01 AM

It is not illegal instead it is not a valid currency in many countries like the dollar is not valid currency in Japan. You can use Bitcoin but have to pay the taxes for the profits you earned on that. Smiley
ptjoy

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:49:18 PM

I think bitcoin is a freedom from government and bank system. And if they affraid - they make it illegal, but if you stay quiet and anonymous, you can use it for your own (small) buisnes and no matter legal or not. At least i know what bitcoin is not a virus or some malware and this is enough for me to say it's legal for computer world.
3lyntio

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:07:01 AM

As the market capitalization of the cryptocurrency market shoots up, through price movements and a surge in new tokens, regulators around the world are stepping up the debate on oversight into the use and trading of digital assets.

This affects all cryptocurrencies, but especially bitcoin, given its market leadership and integration into the global startup ecosystem.

Very few countries have gone as far as to declare bitcoin illegal. That does not, however, mean that bitcoin is "legal tender" - so far, only Japan has gone as far as to give bitcoin that designation. However, just because something isn't legal tender, does not mean that it cannot be used for payment - it just means that there are no protections for either the consumer or the merchant, and that its use as payment is completely discretionary.

Other jurisdictions are still mulling what steps to take. The approaches vary: some smaller nations such as Zimbabwe have few qualms about making brash pronouncements casting doubts on bitcoin's legality. Larger institutions, such as the European Commission, recognize the need for dialogue and deliberation, while the European Central Bank (ECB) believes that cryptocurrencies are not yet mature enough for regulation (although with bitcoin almost 10 years old, one is left wondering when we will know it has reached sufficient maturity). In the United States, the issue is complicated further by the fractured regulatory map - who would do the legislating, the federal government or individual states?
PinkFox

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:36:46 AM

If you are in Bangladesh, Bolivia, Ecuador, Kyrgyzstan, and Nepal then yes. If not then it's likely legal to varying degrees.

Very interesting list - the less country is democratic - the more it is likely to allow circulation of Bitcoin. Does that say something? I don't know.
usama98

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:50:43 AM

Depends on which country you live in. In my country it is still legal  but it is banned in many countries, as the government's have their different concerns with it.
Neconic

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:20:47 AM

Bitcoin is legal in most of the countries. It depends in which country you are trading. You can check the link to see if it is legal in your proximity, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3341323.0. I hope it has answered your question.
meowskie

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:57:18 AM

Of course Bitcoin are legal, But there are some countries that bitcoin is ban. All i can is its depend upon your country. Try read in other threads there are so many threads about bitcoin and you can learn how bitcoin use and earn.
Grumblehunter

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:48:51 PM

In most countries yes it is legal and others due to governments not knowing how to regulate it is is legal within certain perameters so there will be certain restrictions with the use of it but if you use it in countries like Algeria, Bolivia, Ecuador etc where there are bans in place for the use of Digital currencies it will be illegal for a more detailed outline where it is illegal you should look at the link below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory
gdcoin273

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:46:56 AM

If you are in Bangladesh, Bolivia, Ecuador, Kyrgyzstan, and Nepal then yes. If not then it's likely legal to varying degrees.

If in countries that do not support bitcoin is there a way for me to exchange? Huh Huh Huh
ArunTomar

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:12:45 AM

Everyone’s confused Bitcoin is neither legal nor illegal in India.
kuzawi

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:25:02 PM

Depens only on the country regulation.
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 08:54:50 PM

Bitcoin is.legal some country bt most of the country try to ban bitcoin foreover.Now bitcoin get negative news  from different country and organization and some people also hapoy  because they hope bitcoin will be zero one day..

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀