Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:41:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Events like Bitconnect affect crypto space and trust?  (Voting closed: January 27, 2018, 08:24:33 AM)
Yes - 6 (33.3%)
No - 5 (27.8%)
May be in short term - 7 (38.9%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Events like Bitconnect will bring negative trust in Crypto community ?  (Read 329 times)
joe1823

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:07:38 AM

When a project is solely build on referral and affiliate you should watch out.
Some advice to detect the next Ponzi, I have seen a couple already on CMC.
GwSoJ

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:09:32 AM

Not sure why you are all so happy about this. This is just another example of nanny state government controls shutting down ventures that they can't profit from. We should not be happy about this.

Whatever your opinion of Bitconnect was having it shut down by government agencies is an outrage.
joe1823

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:16:04 AM

You address the very problem that bitcoin doesn't have, it can't be shut down.
This is what crypto is all about.
albertcrypto110

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:23:42 AM

Bitconnect has formally closed its lending platform and cryptocurrency exchange following warnings from Texas and North Carolina regulators. The Bitconnect Coin (BCC) digital currency is down 87% today and 93% from its December 29 high of $437. At press time, BCC is trading for just $30.It will make some impact in the Crypto community obviously.
petrov trevor

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:24:47 AM

Of course it's bad for the image but let's not forget that it's the investors who helped invest in it
Dagser

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:31:58 AM

I think that they had their bottom line relating to Bitcoin price, so crossing that line would mean a unsustainable Bitconnect functionality.
They could push things little more, but more price drop would eat all of their profit.
Still no matter if something is a scam, you still can earn money out of it.
I agree with that if price shoots up on the market, no one will remember Bitconnect.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:33:08 AM

BitCoin miners have given all Crypt-coins a bad name by charging transactions fees as high as $55
and that warning will be written into our history books even if BTC does not turn out like Tulips

I am playing with free money and have been warning people here not to be taken in by
"Buy on the dip" talk but none of them type of threads seem to last long

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:42:29 AM

The effect will be limited, after Bitcoin price starts to climb, it will be forgotten again. People will learn to manage their money with these scam failures.

That would be the desire, to forget about all the broken lives and ruin that BTC leaves behind, for the good of the few? Right?
GwSoJ

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:50:03 AM

The effect will be limited, after Bitcoin price starts to climb, it will be forgotten again. People will learn to manage their money with these scam failures.

That would be the desire, to forget about all the broken lives and ruin that BTC leaves behind, for the good of the few? Right?

Anyone who invested in BCC without understanding the risk is a fool.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:55:11 AM

I personally invested 0 USD in this platform after 3 months of my research.
that is true about everyone with a brain and the ability to use it. which means the effects of it is minimal. in other words it is like saying one of those "double your bitcoin in 10 hours" websites was closed! they are as clear a scam as this one.

But newcomers in crypto space doesn't have so much time like me and decide by their own eventually, thousands of people lost 10s of thousands of dollars today, with Bitconnect.
where did you get this stats?
even if true, they deserved it. that is what you get when you put your money in a scam website owned by scammers.

in any case i still say the effects of it is minimal because majority of people don't trust these types of websites and those who invested mostly knew what they were getting into.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
meyklove

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:23:36 PM

All we can do is to persuade them to stay away from that kind of scheme but its still up to them if they want to invest their money into it.

Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:34:08 PM

I think what happened to those who invest in bitconnect will be a lesson to everyone. We should learn a lot about different crypto investing company. But what happened to bitconnect i think it will not bring negative trust in crypto community because everyone here are always looking for profit and always thinking possitive.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
teejaymuna

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 12:38:14 PM

I think lots of people will learn from. Bitconnect was never a part of BTC so they have no one to blame. However, when BTC price starts to be stable or rise, the issue of distrust in the crypto space will be attended to which will further boost the BTC community and that of cryptocurrencies at large
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:42:30 PM

Hi,

Such events indeed affect the community. But as any other factor regarding bitcoin, there are thousands of them that you must take nto account if you want to understand each up or down in trends. So actually, this is not really important regardng only bitcoin prices.

However, I agree with you. For people who have invested, or even for those, like you, who didn't, this is a very bad signal. It weakens your confidence (even if you were not amongst the "victims") and it is never good for a developping community.

But indeed, what can we do? Creating a regulating authority would be against all bitcoin principles.
So I guess, we just have to remain both confident and aware.

GwSoJ

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:42:51 PM

I think it's worth noting that BCC didn't fail it was shut down by external forces and endless whining. There is still no proof been presented that it was a ponzi scheme even if it felt like one. Instead of being happy that this failed we should be unhappy that external forces have such control over this.

Why do we need external agencies controlling everything we do. If people research this and then choose to invest then surely that's up to them, why do we think everyone needs protecting all the bloody time?
vitos277

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:48:10 PM

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100022698675533
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:59:50 PM

I don't think it should, because bitconnect had ponzi scheme written all over it, so we can't really blame the crypto community. They didn't use any special tactics, and they just offered good rewards like any HYIP out there that works with fiat. People keep falling on those schemes using their own free will, and they are the only ones to be blamed for that. I might sound harsh, but it's true. I'm sure most people investing into bitconnect knew exactly what it was, and they were just trying to get easy money as the expenses of others. I'm afraid things like this will keep happening, but the crypto community should not get hit by that.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:05:23 PM

I wonder what people like Trevon James who helped spread Bitconnect ponzi on youtube will be up to currently? For sure he's top of the pyramid of the scheme I do not expect him to lose that much compared to those gullible enough to follow him.
Cjsantos01

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:39:33 AM

Trevon James and cryptonick etc etc will face a probable jail time for promoting a Ponzi if anyone decides to press charges on them
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:52:33 AM

Yes bitconnect but based on their site they are closing lending services as well other services because of they got notice from US regulation office . So they closing some services but the price fall is too huge . It might be the reason bitcoin price fall and also its creating negative trust on crypto community.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: