Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:35:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accidentally sended ZEC to my ZCL wallet address  (Read 38 times)
ljbawss (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:48:07 AM

Hi,

So I started mining ZEC a couple days ago and I just found out I pasted the wrong address into the settings. I used my ZCL address instead of my ZEC address. The miner sended some coins already. When I look up my ZCL address in the ZCHAIN I can see 'first seen today' and only the balance of my sended coins. This means the address belongs to no one else yet I guess. Is there a way I can reach my coins? Maybe choose that ZEC address manually in my wallet. It's just 0.06 ZEC but it would be nice if I can reach them.
GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:51:24 AM

Hi,

So I started mining ZEC a couple days ago and I just found out I pasted the wrong address into the settings. I used my ZCL address instead of my ZEC address. The miner sended some coins already. When I look up my ZCL address in the ZCHAIN I can see 'first seen today' and only the balance of my sended coins. This means the address belongs to no one else yet I guess. Is there a way I can reach my coins? Maybe choose that ZEC address manually in my wallet. It's just 0.06 ZEC but it would be nice if I can reach them.

Firstly you need to change your ZEC address to correct one. Secondly, try to write to ZCL wallet support, may be they help you

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
matsusomoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:04:29 AM

Im afraid your money might not recovered,sorry for your loss if the wallet doesnt support the altcoin you sent,probably it will stuck there forever.

ljbawss (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:04:45 PM

Just wanted to say I got my coins back! It turned out to be very easy:

- Obtained private key from ZCL wallet
- Downloaded Jaxx: went to - Tools - Transfer ZEC Paper Wallet
- Copied the Private Key from ZCL wallet

Hope this helps other people with the same problem  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print