Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:14:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Still Trading When Red?  (Read 2160 times)
BubblySheep

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:52:16 PM

I tried catching falling coins before and it didn't go so well for me.. This time, i'd rather just sit on the sidelines until at least 2 green candles show up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tapaibuccok

Activity: 303
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:29:53 PM

It is said that we can make money in trading when the market is up as well as when the market is down. Right now, the cryptocurrency market is experiencing a big bloodbath (though there might have been bigger ones before) where some are estimating that we lost around 40% of the market value so far. Though I personally believe that this is just temporary and very historical (it happened in the past on the same period), it is still sad to see what we have already gained just wipe out in some hours and days. This is just the way with cryptocurrency market...

Under this dire situation, are you still trading or you are pausing for a while just waiting for the right timing when to buy coins and tokens again?

yes I still do trading on some altcoins like ethereum, doge, and ripple but I never think I will hold it for a long time, I just look for a little profit and sell it and I think ''day trading'' is good to do now
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:42:58 PM

I would take this drop as an opportunity to invest more in coins in cheaper rates because this drop won't last for long and soon every coin will start rising again.The drop in coins was caused by the price correction of bitcoins which heavily affected other coins too.And January always has been a very gloomy month for crypto currencies and after march or so it starts rising.
Feuerbach

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:58:54 PM

It is said that we can make money in trading when the market is up as well as when the market is down. Right now, the cryptocurrency market is experiencing a big bloodbath (though there might have been bigger ones before) where some are estimating that we lost around 40% of the market value so far. Though I personally believe that this is just temporary and very historical (it happened in the past on the same period), it is still sad to see what we have already gained just wipe out in some hours and days. This is just the way with cryptocurrency market...

Under this dire situation, are you still trading or you are pausing for a while just waiting for the right timing when to buy coins and tokens again?

During such a price fall that you wrote about in post, it's time to buy for a future sale
patapon49

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:36:25 PM

Personally when everything is red I prefer not to do anything, the movements are abnormal, fast and it is the best way to panic sell or panic buy
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:29:46 PM

quite difficult to trade at the time the coin price falls. therefore it is important to have good analytical skills. or to be more secure you can do it by using investment or long term trading. so you only buy coins when the price goes down and sells them later
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:35:35 PM

When the whole market is down, trading becomes about relative improvement. For example if bitcoin is has dropped 30%, and litecoin has dropped 40%, you can now purchase more litecoins for the same amount of bitcoin, thereby increasing your absolute holdings in litecoin regardless of its dollar value. When the market is down your priority should be increasing absolute holdings, when the market recovers you will actualize your gains.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:40:27 PM

yes I still do trading on some altcoins like ethereum, doge, and ripple but I never think I will hold it for a long time, I just look for a little profit and sell it and I think ''day trading'' is good to do now
great traders can look for opportunities even though the market is red and can take advantage of it, the red market does not mean the price will continue to fall, there must be a time the price will rise even if only briefly and great traders can surely make good use of it, but I am not a trader which is great, there is a big risk if trading when the downtrend occurs, that's why keeping long-term for altcoin at risk, but if the market is still red, I'd rather just look, wait until the market returns conducive and do trading again,
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:48:37 PM

I did mention in some post that the colour of the market has different interpretations. Just as you asked if people are still trading when the market is red. The red colour indicates a dip and to the real traders it means buy
janaiz

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:51:20 AM

For me this is the right time to Buy Coins in exchange while it is low and after you buy just hold for it to increase again, for the beginners for them this is not the right time to buy, but for the professional they are more like this so they can buy more coins at the lowest price.
Destnhel

Activity: 123

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:28:20 AM

I am a new trader. But for me i think now is the best time to  practice on trading bacause of its low price. For now its hard for me if i lost a huge amount of money cause im still like a trainie and i can't afford lossing.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:06:14 AM

Trading goes on because it will be an opportunity to buy coins at cheaper price specially bitcoin that the price value is now much affordable then for the other coins just choose the high ranks coins or the best coins you think that looks promising because other coin may will not survive in this crash. During this crash we should very busy on monitoring the market to decide the best cheapest value of Bitcoin or we might miss it again.
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:37:31 AM

Red marks is not bad afterall. If this red marking in trading sites, this might a good chance to buy all popular tokens out there in the market. (its just our eyes hurt when seeing red colors especially to the tokens we are holding and wishing it will go up and sell and gain profit from it). This up and down, pump and dump is part of trading. This makes the trading more reasonable and exciting. If theres only increase in value, the new comers cant catch up or if there's a constant decrease in value no one will buy the coins because they will not gain profit from it. Its like its keeping its balance for its continous movement.
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:22:30 AM

Red mark is always the best option to buy the coins, I am doing the same thing when the price of coin is red market I will start buying them and averaging them with my previous prices inorder to make profit when they start increasing.
Perseusallen

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:24:52 AM

here's some tip to be good in trading Once you have enough feel after investing in mutual fund, you can then choose to invest directly in specific stocks. On this, I’d suggest that you choose blue-chips, or those comprising the Philippine Stock Exchange index. This ensures that you’re investing in the biggest companies we have, and there exposed to less fluctuations compared to penny stocks..
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:30:51 AM

Red mark is always the best option to buy the coins, I am doing the same thing when the price of coin is red market I will start buying them and averaging them with my previous prices inorder to make profit when they start increasing.

Its good to trade when the market is red and sold it later on when it hit your target price. Wise people see this as an opportunity to earn more money so you better learn more about trading. Well if the market is red and you do day trading I think you cannot make enough profit for that to cover up the fees so wait a little longer.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:31:40 AM

I don't think I get how you mentioned that it's sad that we can still make some bucks through trading while the market is down.
Well as for me I have paused Everything for a while and yeah I might buy Bitcoins but I won't ever sell them , the thing is if we in a hurry sold them right now and.. traded for other alts there won't be much profit that we would be able to gauge .
I do think that pausing for a while is the best option considering myself

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:33:53 AM

Trading in red is not safe and there's a chance it will eat all your profits, maybe good to buy and pause while the price is not yet stable . And trade if the price rise again just monitor always cause it will drop again for sure or do a day trading instead, if you want to earn quick on this circumstances.
Alalex

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:46:33 AM

Very high risk if still in the price of a declining price, when you sell it again balance will be left certainly will much less than the amount of the first deposit.
For a while you can rest first do not think too much and force the situation karna tomorrow will be a better day to get cripto money.
But if you do not sell your cripto money balance, it will not matter because the price of cripto money for next week will surely rise again and you are safe from the risk if you do not sell your deposit balance until the cripto money price goes up again.
Everyone in the world is also waiting for the cripto money price increase to be able to trade cripto money.
Just wait until the prices return to normal all will be beautiful in time and forever.

pokeronlinestatus

Activity: 455
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:00:35 PM

Traders make money indifferently in what direction the market goes.
Of course, if the strategy is "I buy now a coin, with the hope that it will grow (and I suspect this is the only strategy used by most of the people) there is no other solution than pray the gods...
Hahahaha definitely people are doing this so casually. This become a trend for almost everyone that they believe blindly in bitcoins. Although that is amazing to trust bitcoins but not like such. There must be a vigilance on some specific charts and events are continually describing the positions of bitcoins. How they are treading in market and what about the predictions, only then one may decide.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: