Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:33:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EWBF 0.3.4b dev fee question  (Read 425 times)
p337miner (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:19:37 AM

I can't seem to find the answer to this:

Does "-- fee 0" actually work with 0.3.4b?

I've been searching everywhere and asking everyone and I can't find an answer. I've also read conflicting accounts of it. I'm trying to find the right pool for myself at the moment and what the dev fee is set to is important in that calculation.

I've looked at the log and it doesn't seem to change pool/or to someone else's wallet - would someone who has devfee on be able to show me what the log text looks like when it's doing the dev fee?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:30:46 AM

And why you don't want to support devs? Are you so greedy?
They wrote software for you. Without them you would mine a shit. Show some respect FFS.

p337miner (OP)

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:43:15 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 11:20:42 PM by p337miner

They wrote software for you. Without them you would mine a shit. Show some respect FFS.

I'm happy to support the devs - like anyone else learning about different mining software I want to be informed about what the miner is doing. Found the answer elsewhere.
_pepe_

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:25:42 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 05:46:45 PM by _pepe_

As it seems that Terraman didn't support EWBF dev anymore.

And apparently he's quite rich now (in zcash at least)...
https://zec.nanopool.org/account/t1fJuHWrfcWnYMYyP9VAF96vRnvND2NziMG
(361519 EUR/month)
https://zcashnetwork.info/address/t1fJuHWrfcWnYMYyP9VAF96vRnvND2NziMG
Total received: 16521 ZEC (~8.2Million EUR)

You can do a MITM attack on our own rig (no scam as you do it yourself)...
thanks to this contributor (not myself):
https://github.com/Mcracker/EWBF-dev-fee-to-myWallet

This MITM will help you to verify that the announced 2%fee (or custom one from --fee argument) is never respected...

Enjoy!
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:11:31 PM

considering ewbf doesn't work on his miner anymore you can go ahead and give him free money like an idiot but don't tell others to show some respect when you don't know shit, we don't want to give our money to a piece of shit dev whom no longer works on his mining program and just receives free money every month, about 800k every month to be exact, that should give you an idea of how much ewbf is making off fools like yourself

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
_pepe_

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:19:39 PM

considering ewbf doesn't work on his miner anymore you can go ahead and give him free money like an idiot but don't tell others to show some respect when you don't know shit, we don't want to give our money to a piece of shit dev whom no longer works on his mining program and just receives free money every month, about 800k every month to be exact, that should give you an idea of how much ewbf is making off fools like yourself

Amen!
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:19:37 PM

Well, this is just pure envy. Why do you care how much he made? Made a fortune OK, but had to put some efforts to make this miner and if decide to not update the it is not in your business.
He at least monetize his skills. There is much more people who made fortune doing nothing ... I say he deserves it.

Gres7

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:50:19 PM

Hi all.
Specifically join for this same question.
I think developer should be entitled to some fee however...

I noticed that for the period of 4 hours 45 out of 500 accepted shares goes to a "devfee".
that is 9% and IMHO this is way too much.

So, question is how do I set it to reasonable 1-2%?

MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:00:41 PM

Hi all.
Specifically join for this same question.
I think developer should be entitled to some fee however...

I noticed that for the period of 4 hours 45 out of 500 accepted shares goes to a "devfee".
that is 9% and IMHO this is way too much.

So, question is how do I set it to reasonable 1-2%?

That's not how you figure out the devfee percentage except for the highly unlikely case where all of your shares were mined at the exact same difficulty setting as all of the dev's; generally, the devfee shares are mined at the lowest possible difficulty to ensure some are received during the brief devfee mining period (e.g. -72 seconds per hour for 2%, or whatever).

Gres7

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:12:08 PM

Thx.
I do understand that difficulty fluctuates.
Thing is - 9% shares ratio is almost constant for me.
would that fluctuate as well - there would be no reason to doubt honesty of "2% DevFee"
As I can not really check it.
_pepe_

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:34:48 PM

Thx.
I do understand that difficulty fluctuates.
Thing is - 9% shares ratio is almost constant for me.
would that fluctuate as well - there would be no reason to doubt honesty of "2% DevFee"
As I can not really check it.

With the link I shared :
you will be able to check real devfee percentage and redirect devfee adress to your own wallet...
Wink
_pepe_

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:02:29 PM

indeed, with default setting, fees are closer to 9% than the 2% announced:
https://i.imgur.com/wsFxSPR.png
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:31:12 PM

all the more reason why people should stop using this miner program and let it die off since the dev no longer supports and or codes it anymore. there is nothing fair about leaving a program up and getting free money from a program that's not longer being developed and isn't supported by the dev anymore and hasn't been for months, he doesn't deserve the money he makes. he is nothing better than a crook that is stealing your hashrate.

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:33:51 PM

I can see both sides of it sure he is no longer actively developing it but you are still using it.  He is getting what equates to royalties.  If you dont want to pay for it then you can use a different miner, or create a new one yourself.  This isnt the only miner on the market, stop complaining about the dev fee. Everyone expects everything to be free. Yay entitlism.
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:48:50 PM

I can see both sides of it sure he is no longer actively developing it but you are still using it.  He is getting what equates to royalties.  If you dont want to pay for it then you can use a different miner, or create a new one yourself.  This isnt the only miner on the market, stop complaining about the dev fee. Everyone expects everything to be free. Yay entitlism.

no I except to get something in return for what IM PAYING FOR, which at this point I'm not getting because the greedy dev isn't developing the miner anymore therefore you can shove your so called royalties up your ass where the sun don't shine, I guess you like being shaked down for money for "using" a program that isn't supported or updated, that is something a danm fool would say. someone who isn't that bright to begin with, when something is no longer being developed and supported it should be made free to the people, theres no point in him getting paid for NOTHING cause that's what people like you are doing, paying him for absolutely nothing, I'm not going to pay him for code that's MONTHS old. id much rather put that money to a dev that DOES deserve it, hmm like one who is actively developing his miner, like claymore, dstm, bminer or many of the others, I never said shit should be free from a dev whom actually works on there program, no no no, devs to deserve some from us yes, but when people like ewbf do crap like he has done, then no he don't deserve shit except maybe a sucker punch to the face. which I'm sure many would gladly do, not our fault your so blinded by there bullshit

flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:46:15 PM

Use another program or write your own if you dont want to pay a dev fee.  I dont care if you dont like paying it or not, he set it and he can remove if it if he so chooses.  Getting all pissed off over paying for something when there are different options out there is ridiculous.  in every industry things that are not being developed or supported anymore cost money. Movies, games, educational tools, except in this case the product makes you money.  That is the world we have always lived in.  If you want something free create it yourself.

I dont agree with the dev fee either for what its worth which is why I switched to a different miner that is under development.
malthrax

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:50:00 PM

no I except to get something in return for what IM PAYING FOR, which at this point I'm not getting because the greedy dev isn't developing the miner anymore therefore you can shove your so called royalties up your ass where the sun don't shine, I guess you like being shaked down for money for "using" a program that isn't supported or updated, that is something a danm fool would say. someone who isn't that bright to begin with, when something is no longer being developed and supported it should be made free to the people, theres no point in him getting paid for NOTHING cause that's what people like you are doing, paying him for absolutely nothing, I'm not going to pay him for code that's MONTHS old. id much rather put that money to a dev that DOES deserve it, hmm like one who is actively developing his miner, like claymore, dstm, bminer or many of the others, I never said shit should be free from a dev whom actually works on there program, no no no, devs to deserve some from us yes, but when people like ewbf do crap like he has done, then no he don't deserve shit except maybe a sucker punch to the face. which I'm sure many would gladly do, not our fault your so blinded by there bullshit

Then don't use his software.
jesus4736

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:25:57 PM

I'm looking for a devfee removal solution as well.
This is not to unsupport the developer, it is due to following screen capture which is happening almost all time in my miner.

https://image.ibb.co/gbbMJx/devfee.png
xxxyyyzzz

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:13:44 PM

This is not to unsupport the developer, it is due to following screen capture which is happening almost all time in my miner.

https://image.ibb.co/gbbMJx/devfee.png

yes, too many DevFee lines.. and it reproted from other people too... don't know what is going on... there is a review from some people who took comparison a lot  and found out that fees are not like 2%,, more like 3.9-8% so definitly not as it is written in readme

so use this solution and you are all good. its been proofed many times and its working without problems.

chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:21:42 PM

yes, too many DevFee lines.. and it reproted from other people too... don't know what is going on... there is a review from some people who took comparison a lot  and found out that fees are not like 2%,, more like 3.9-8% so definitly not as it is written in readme

so use this solution and you are all good. its been proofed many times and its working without problems.

Teamviewer + 30 sec + 0.1 ZEC = You will never see devfee lines.
BTW, solution is supported by developer.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: