Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:46:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are altcoins really on sale right now?  (Read 307 times)
tvbe (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:48:32 AM

Everyone keeps saying stuff like "coins are on sale right now", "look at the price, it's a bargain", etc..

But every single one of these coins was at least valued 5x lower just a few week ago. There is a correction now, but most of these coins are still ridiculously overvalued in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Instead of buying into these coins I feel it would be smarter to look for promising project that still have a low market cap instead.
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:07:52 AM

I'm waiting for cheaper alts now, more cheaper... to buy it
zombies

Activity: 245
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:13:04 AM

Everyone keeps saying stuff like "coins are on sale right now", "look at the price, it's a bargain", etc..

But every single one of these coins was at least valued 5x lower just a few week ago. There is a correction now, but most of these coins are still ridiculously overvalued in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Instead of buying into these coins I feel it would be smarter to look for promising project that still have a low market cap instead.

Soon you will see where many sh#t coins will vanish and many alts fall to 0.001$. Its still not the sale time. Wait for some more time. BTC 5000$ on cards next.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:32:11 AM

I also think that they are not at sale. The fall is not finished.
Dpat
Copper Member

Merit: 3

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:37:36 AM

This is not really a sell time rather accumulate more and more Altcoin including which are launching newly also.
zombies

Activity: 245
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:39:21 AM

This is not really a sell time rather accumulate more and more Altcoin including which are launching newly also.

But still people are selling. Its the reason for 300 billion market fall from past few days.
Laghertha

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:43:22 AM

At this time you need to accumulate altcoin because it’s not the right time for selling
vlad06

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:43:48 AM

I also think that they are not at sale. The fall is not finished.

It's definitely a nice little January sale. More dippage to come don't doubt it.
rkrams

Activity: 115

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:47:19 AM

This is not a two day sale, this is going to be probably a month- 2 month  long sale as the correction happens and we surge back.

But if the crypto is going to grow it always grows in leaps and bounds not in steps, so nay price is proper coins is a good deal.

Better prices may come though as the dip continues.
blockclick

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:02:38 PM

Thoughts?

Depends - you can find promising projects and you can also buy the dip of already good ones with working products
gin113

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:10:04 PM

elx is a great buy atm
littleDarper
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:14:52 PM

With thousands of companies collecting your personal/KYC data, it's guaranteed one of them will get hacked and your identity leaked to criminals. Weakest link and all that. Decentralization will solve this.

With banks randomly closing accounts without a reason, and holding their customers hostage to their policies in collusion with the government, your money doesn't really belong to you. Decentralization will solve this.

With government itself no longer accountable for its spending, inflation will continue to skyrocket, penalizing savers and rewarding risk-less consumerism where others must always foot the bill. Decentralization will solve this.

With the ever enroaching big brother taking control of your life and monitoring you, in its various forms of corporations, government, and websites selling your data, it's guaranteed your privacy will continue to be eroded. Decentralization will solve this.

With 160 countries having different voting mechanisms, manual vote counting, allegations of rigged voting machines, it's almost certain that democracy itself is at stake due to mistrust and lack of trust in the very system designed to hold us together as a people. Decentralization will solve this.

When you ask "are altcoins really on sale right now?" you must remember.. these altcoins are paving the way for projects that will finally end the millions of scattered weak links that exist within the world. By creating trustless, decentralized blockchains, no longer do we have to fear giving control to a central power in exchange for reliability and risk losing our freedom.. instead we can give control to big decentralized powers owned by no one.

Trustless systems are the future. Market speculators are temporary. To answer your question: Yes, looking ahead at the future, I'd say many altcoins are on sale right now.

yiuinubol

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:03:28 PM

Now that altcoin is not for sale you have to think that altcoin is paving the way for other projects and we do not need to worry about the risk while holding altcoin.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:24:35 PM

99% of those who are saying stuff like that are holding bags of lots of altcoins and wish to see them recover. and 1% remaining are parrots who are repeating them!

the fact is if someone thinks it is a bargain then they wouldn't be wasting time. they will tell others how said coin is going to die and how they should sell because them selling means these people can get a better deal.
check out bitcoin board to see what i mean Wink

Thoughts?
couldn't agree more.

true. i will actually look for coins that start rising with a large volume injected in them after this blood bath was over.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Tobi777

Activity: 406
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:27:44 PM

there has been a similar decline in the past. Some negative news affected the market. Coins do not always fall. Persons who do not panic and who have patience will win.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:28:15 PM

Thoughts?

You are right. Check out the charts on coinmarket cap.

It might be worth placing really low buy orders just in case there is a flash crash however - that way you enter at a good price and don't overpay.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:33:14 PM

You may be right with certain altcoins, but definitely not all altcoins are overpriced. There are some that we already underpriced and those are a real bargain now. Also, some just went through a pretty healthy rise (like STRAT, NEO, WTC, ICX and so forth) and I am not sure if those were overpriced....and right now at -40%....I think this is a good time to buy, even when BTC dips a bit further...
albio87

Activity: 252
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:42:01 PM

it depends, you should look into the altcoin market cycle, if it's done on that coin just pass to other, instead if the projec has good foundamentals even if it's at a 5x from his previus ATL buy it and set your target according to the market cycle, for example set a partial sell target on the previus market cycle ATH and leave a moon bag just in case it will fly more, then set a stop loss for the moon bag 10% ATH lower in case of a drop.
xenomorphe1

Merit: 103

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:44:14 PM

You may be right with certain altcoins, but definitely not all altcoins are overpriced. There are some that we already underpriced and those are a real bargain now. Also, some just went through a pretty healthy rise (like STRAT, NEO, WTC, ICX and so forth) and I am not sure if those were overpriced....and right now at -40%....I think this is a good time to buy, even when BTC dips a bit further...
They are still overpriced. I think the price is going to correct more for thoses coins. But you can do very short trading, but it is very risky.
LaLuna

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:15:40 PM

Thoughts?

I'll buy more Rise.. My favorite coin so far.. Interlet snapshot on 31 jan!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: