Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:35:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: History Lesson on BFL  (Read 791 times)
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 05:07:57 PM

Re: New monarch line

I would just like to point out from different sources, that BFL has shipped about 10-15% of all there pre-orders.   If you didn't know, BFL pulled this same tactic when they announced their ASIC line when they were still months and months behind on their FPGA line (Bitforce).   With how oversold their delivery schedule is, it makes sense BFL would announce this in the face of rapidly rising difficulty.  

I suspect many of there pre-order will have a negative ROI soon so they "had" to do this to give the people a distraction from the real issues.   Many may disagree but I see the same road heading to the same wall again.  

Your  public service announcement
-Dalkore

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:24:00 PM

you need to post this on the noobs forum.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:26:47 PM

I would just like to point out from different sources, that BFL has shipped about 10-15% of all there pre-orders.   If you didn't know, BFL pulled this same tactic when they announced their ASIC line when they were still months and months behind on their FPGA line (Bitforce).   With how oversold their delivery schedule is, it makes sense BFL would announce this in the face of rapidly rising difficulty.  

I suspect many of there pre-order will have a negative ROI soon so they "had" to do this to give the people a distraction from the real issues.   Many may disagree but I see the same road heading to the same wall again.  

-Dalkore

I wonder if someone who never got their FPGA, upgraded to ASIC and never got that, and now has upgraded to monarch.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 05:30:19 PM

Maybe but I seem some familiar faces, saying quite positive comments about this announcement.   It is totally reminiscent of the PR piece they rolled out for ASIC 10 months early.  Please before you get excited, really sit back and think about this.  Make sure your making the correct decision.   With a 85% pre-order backlog, they announcements timing is suspect and should be taken lightly at this point.  They need to deliver and not keep rolling out more fluff.

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 05:32:43 PM

-Dalkore

I wonder if someone who never got their FPGA, upgraded to ASIC and never got that, and now has upgraded to monarch.

If I was forced to bet on it, I would have to take the affirmative position.  Look on the bright side-this mean less hardware will be coming online this year, Thank you BFL.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:47:09 PM

-Dalkore

If I was forced to bet on it, I would have to take the affirmative position.  Look on the bright side-this mean less hardware will be coming online this year, Thank you BFL.
The one claim that BFL can make:
By failing to ship, BFL put more money in miner's hands than any other ASIC company out there. Just not the miners that ordered from BFL.  Cheesy

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:50:21 PM

The one claim that BFL can make:
By failing to ship, BFL put more money in miner's hands than any other ASIC company out there. Just not the miners that ordered from BFL.  Cheesy

Ouch, sometimes truth hurts  Grin

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 06:06:59 PM

-Dalkore

This is what such a person would look like.

bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:12:21 PM

-Dalkore

This is what such a person would look like.

Always wondered what you look like man, boy, talk about P**** whipped!

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:30:36 PM

Now that we are few weeks forward in time it might good to review this post in light of 6 months waiting for the Monarch.

BFL will come out with a new improved miner at sub 28nm in 10... 9... 8...

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: