Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:04:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FoldBot just went live!  (Read 1262 times)
boot52 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 05:13:00 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2013, 06:25:27 PM by boot52

FoldBot Returns!
Sunday, August 25th noon-7pm EST
Live at Boot52
Don't miss this golden opportunity to stomp FoldBot's shiny metal head into the ground!

Hey! I want to tell you about a mind-blowing new feature we just added to Boot52 called FoldBot.

What's FoldBot? FoldBot is a poker robot I designed with one very simple instruction: fold. That's all FoldBot does and it does it well. You bet, FoldBot folds. Every time. I guarantee it.      

Heads-up against FoldBot is basically just free money. Things get interesting in multi-way pots. Here's how it works. If nobody raises preflop, FoldBot is programmed to lose exactly one big blind per hand. It just puts dead money in the pot.  However, if somebody does raise preflop and FoldBot isn't in the hand yet, then FoldBot will fold without putting anything in the pot. Makes it interesting, no?

Why are we giving away coins like this? Let's just call this what it is: a bribe.
Plus deals like this are a lot cheaper than buying banner ads and props. A lot more interesting too, no?

So git the hitch out of your get-along and mosey on over to Boot52!
The site link again is http://boot52.nl

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StreakfortheBTC

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:06:05 AM

Site does not work on android at all ;(
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:07:34 AM

I notice your poker site has a 25 second shot clock count down timer. Are all other poker sites like this? Yours is the first I've played. I'll go try the other ones later.

boot52 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 03:53:13 PM

I notice your poker site has a 25 second shot clock count down timer. Are all other poker sites like this? Yours is the first I've played. I'll go try the other ones later.

Most poker sites give you more time to think. Deep thinkers drive me bonkers, so I decided to shorten up the time limit. 
StreakfortheBTC

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:25:50 PM

Most poker sites give you more time to think. Deep thinkers drive me bonkers, so I decided to shorten up the time limit. 

No android support at all?
aoshea

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:59:13 PM

any tournaments?

I sell Bhut Jolokia "Ghost" Chili seeds and other hot pepper seeds for BTC. PM me for details.
boot52 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 07:27:06 PM

No android support at all?

It's on my list. The software hasn't been tested on Android yet mainly because nobody in my family owns one.
I'll see if I can borrow an Android from somebody and get that working ASAP. I'm sure there is a way.
Thanks for letting me know!

any tournaments?

Not yet, but it's on my list. I can make it a priority if there is a demand for it, but right now more people are asking me about PLO, so that's what I'm working on next.

ksteve96

Activity: 624
Merit: 125

alcedoplatform.com

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 09:31:43 PM

NOT SECURE AT ALL.

I put .05 BTC in to test what would happen and left for an hour.  Looked again....LOL GONE.  Anyone can just go through id/1 id/2 etc until they see some balance and withdraw it. 

Anyone who puts coins in there will lose them.

𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗘𝗗𝗢  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Making Cryptocurrencies Accessible For Everyone!         Made in
██████████████████████████████████████████       GERMANY
     𝗔𝗡𝗡     𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗿     𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸     𝗧𝘄𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿     𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺     𝗕𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝘆     𝗧𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺              🇩🇪 🇩🇪 🇩🇪
g83

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 09:33:02 PM

of course you will loose if it does nothing but fold :-) i don't see any sense of that
vlees

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:27:48 PM

NOT SECURE AT ALL.

I put .05 BTC in to test what would happen and left for an hour.  Looked again....LOL GONE.  Anyone can just go through id/1 id/2 etc until they see some balance and withdraw it.  

Anyone who puts coins in there will lose them.

1. Lol /id/x is the table number. If you are on a BTC table and you leave for half an hour you lose because you automatically fold when someone raises. I still have all my chips in...

2. @Android: Did you try the site in the Chrome app on Android? The default Android browser has never heard of ECMAScript 5, CSS 3 and HTML5. Only shitty ancient webtechnologies in the stock Android browser.

BEEP BEP
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:39:00 PM

Why are we giving away coins like this? Let's just call this what it is: a bribe.
Boot52 needs players and deals like this are a lot cheaper than buying banner ads and props. A lot more interesting too, no?

I just checked it out, and it looks like foldbot is only on one table, and that's a playmoney table.

Also, the betting is a little confusing.  If the other player has put in 20 and I've put in 10, adding the extra 10 to match his 20 is usually referred to as "calling", but on your site it's all just "bet".  And the "min, 2bb, 3bb, etc" buttons are weird.  When opening the betting, I want to put in 1bb.  Clicking 2bb sets the amount to 20, 3bb sets it to 30, but 'min' sets it to 0.  I don't see any way of opening the betting at 1bb, other than typing it.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:39:50 PM

Oh, and the sound effects are over the top.  I don't need 10 seconds of applause each time I win a hand!  The delay between hands is too long too I think.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
boot52 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 03:12:42 AM

I put .05 BTC in to test what would happen and left for an hour.  Looked again....LOL GONE. 

What is your handle on the site? I rebooted the server twice on Sunday to fix a bug in FoldBot, so it's possible something bad happened during the reboot. If your story matches up with what I see in the logs, I'll gladly refund your coins and comp you.

I just checked it out, and it looks like foldbot is only on one table, and that's a playmoney table.

Looks like I forgot to mention the date and time in this thread, so my bad. The FoldBot promotion was held on Sunday the 18th between 12 noon and midnight, announced here and here. Obviously I can't run that promotion every day or I'd go broke fast!

Also, the betting is a little confusing.  If the other player has put in 20 and I've put in 10, adding the extra 10 to match his 20 is usually referred to as "calling", but on your site it's all just "bet".  And the "min, 2bb, 3bb, etc" buttons are weird.  When opening the betting, I want to put in 1bb.  Clicking 2bb sets the amount to 20, 3bb sets it to 30, but 'min' sets it to 0.  I don't see any way of opening the betting at 1bb, other than typing it.

Fixed. I originally had a "call button", but then I decided removed it because iPhone beta testers were making "fat finger" mistakes when the buttons were too small and scrunched together. I figured I could get almost the same functionality with just one button and save screen space. But that just confused people, so I put it back.
Simplest might just be to replace all the "bb" buttons along the bottom with "slider" to control bet sizing. I'll give it some more thought.

Oh, and the sound effects are over the top.  I don't need 10 seconds of applause each time I win a hand!  The delay between hands is too long too I think.

Agreed. The delay is now 5 seconds and the sound effects are now more in line with the overall theme of the site. Thanks for the great feedback dooglus! I'd comp you, but somehow I don't think you need any more coins!
Lizmay

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:07:27 PM

I agree, clapping too long.  I like the new whip effect.  Played FoldBot Sunday it was fun.  Are you doing it again?  Great promotion!
aoshea

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:40:26 AM

any tournaments?
Not yet, but it's on my list. I can make it a priority if there is a demand for it, but right now more people are asking me about PLO, so that's what I'm working on next.

For what its worth I'd like sit and go's. I'm going to add your site as one to check out.

Any plans to do freerolls? That might get you some more players.

I sell Bhut Jolokia "Ghost" Chili seeds and other hot pepper seeds for BTC. PM me for details.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:20:00 AM

A little bit OT, but I tried PokerStars, I was just watching people play, but did not yet play myself (from the Mobile app), and the dealer kept bugging them "You have 8 seconds to act."...  So they move along a little bit faster than yours.

boot52 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 06:32:58 PM

For what its worth I'd like sit and go's. I'm going to add your site as one to check out.
Any plans to do freerolls? That might get you some more players.

Sit and go's are definitely on my list. I don't have an exact date, but I'm shooting for mid to late September. In the meantime, you might be able to pick up some free chips this Sunday noon-7pm EST at the FoldBot promotion!

I agree, clapping too long.  I like the new whip effect. Played FoldBot Sunday it was fun.  Are you doing it again?  Great promotion!

Glad you like the whip effect Wink Yes, this Sunday noon-7pm EST FoldBot will be playing on table 5!

FoldBot Returns!
Sunday, August 25th noon-7pm EST
Live at Boot52
Don't miss this opportunity to stomp FoldBot's shiny metal head into the ground!

This ^^^
Also, check out FoldBot1 vs FoldBot2 running on table4 (play money) right now!  
Lizmay

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:14:33 PM

Fold Bot better whip it good!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: