Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:31:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nano ledger S safe from phising hacks?  (Read 107 times)
janpec1000 (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Play2Live presale starts on 25th January

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:58:10 AM

Hey guys, after some research i got mixed results on whether Nano ledger S is trully safe from phising attack, i would appretiate some more opinions to make up conclusion. Hypothetically lets say that user has Nano ledger S with tokens stored on it, and uses MyEthereumWallett to acess tokens (send/sell them) one day and while doing that accessing wrong MyEthereumWallet site (accessing phishing site), is user by default safe from being hacked in such case? Doesnt by such action phishing site still read the private key from Nano ledger once you use the website, the same way as keystone file is being read and after exposed? Or do you for any transaction whatsoever to take place on Nano ledger you need to be physically connected to computer in order to push transaction trough?

magiccarpett

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:54:49 PM

Hey guys, after some research i got mixed results on whether Nano ledger S is trully safe from phising attack, i would appretiate some more opinions to make up conclusion. Hypothetically lets say that user has Nano ledger S with tokens stored on it, and uses MyEthereumWallett to acess tokens (send/sell them) one day and while doing that accessing wrong MyEthereumWallet site (accessing phishing site), is user by default safe from being hacked in such case? Doesnt by such action phishing site still read the private key from Nano ledger once you use the website, the same way as keystone file is being read and after exposed? Or do you for any transaction whatsoever to take place on Nano ledger you need to be physically connected to computer in order to push transaction trough?

i guess that its safe. the private keys always stay in the ledger nano s.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:05:00 PM

Your private key never leaves your device and it won't be compromised. Though that doesn't stop phishing sites to not get your funds if you're not careful. One way they could do it is they can change the destination/receiving address when you're transferring coins.
But your private key is safe and they wouldn't be able to login and steal your coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: