Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:17:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US Immigration arrested me for holding an illegal currency  (Read 1115 times)
rumbitla (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:19:42 PM

Last week I visited the states as a part of my sales work (ancient roman antiquities) but was stopped and held aside by immigration.
I was asked if I am carrying any currencies undeclared and they took my laptop to find the bitcoinQt. They held me for 4 hours and eventually told me that because I lied on my declaration, I would be banned from entering the US in the future.
Then, they sent me back to Europe on the US Taxpayer's dollar.
I never knew merely holding bitcoin would make my life so difficult. I will avoid doing business in USA now and rather go to China or Canada.
 Viva la bitcoin!
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:20:36 PM

Last week I visited the states as a part of my sales work (ancient roman antiquities) but was stopped and held aside by immigration.
I was asked if I am carrying any currencies undeclared and they took my laptop to find the bitcoinQt. They held me for 4 hours and eventually told me that because I lied on my declaration, I would be banned from entering the US in the future.
I never knew merely holding bitcoin would make my life so difficult. I will avoid doing business in USA now and rather go to China or Canada.
 Viva la bitcoin!
If this is true, wow.

You must give them access to laptop for entry?

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:22:35 PM

this story is not true. This guy is some kind of a idiot in the german subforum. He's trollin very hard and well known for his bullshit.

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
millsdmb

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:23:26 PM

this story is not true. This guy is some kind of a idiot in the german subforum. He's trollin very hard and well known for his bullshit.

Thanks.

</thread>

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:30:26 PM

Viva la bitcoin!

Give me a break.  Obviously they were looking for the Litecoin.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Darktongue

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:34:22 AM

I LOLed! A fucking german troll.  All kinda pokemon out and about LOL
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:39:55 AM

and that coins in qt are on testnet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: