Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:11:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Ways To Profit From A Market Crash  (Read 148 times)
anapodrimaj (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:03:35 PM

Recently, a range of analysts have weighed in on whether cryptocurrencies are in a bubble.  Currencies have been suffering some weakness lately, as many have dropped significantly from their peaks.
This article reviews five specific methods that investors can use to profit from a market crash.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/cbovaird/2017/09/13/cryptocurrency-5-ways-to-profit-from-a-market-crash/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vijendra singh

Activity: 148

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 01:09:11 PM

Dear friend,  when market crashes so many investors loose money.  So first we should know how to recover the losses then they may think about making profits.  It's too much  BTC is lower than 10000$.
bitcoinblog

Activity: 496
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:04:14 PM

This is what usually i prefer at the time of crash.

3)Hold On For Dear Life

and that is what mentioned there. It really gives very good return in near future like 5-6 months. My client paid me $60 worth of Ethereum when Ethereum was of $200 and i just dumped it in coinbase , now it was 5X of that so really this works well.

Grin

** FREE SPACE **
IgniHash

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:08:32 PM

Recently, a range of analysts have weighed in on whether cryptocurrencies are in a bubble.  Currencies have been suffering some weakness lately, as many have dropped significantly from their peaks.
This article reviews five specific methods that investors can use to profit from a market crash.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/cbovaird/2017/09/13/cryptocurrency-5-ways-to-profit-from-a-market-crash/

Good article man, i agree with both point 3 and 4. Hodl is the solution, but if you have a lot of FIAT, then this is the time to buying the dip.

Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:42:13 PM

The wisest recommendation it offers is, to: Hold On For Dear Life! For God's sake, don't get scared so easily. If you do, you don't deserve to get rich in this market...

I disagree with one of his recommendations though: Shorting Bitcoin. You never know where the market is gonna reverse, and your margin can get you rekt (never touch margin trading unless you "exactly" know what the hell you're doing).
icex999

Activity: 137
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:53:19 PM

Thanks for the share anapodrimaj - it caught my eye because im a professional trader [non-crypto]. I dabble with crypto trading for fun; mostly use it for the transactional value though.

Vijendra brought up a point that a lot of people who have entered the trading world by means of Cryptos [rather than stocks/options/futures/fx/etc] don't quite understand.

Dear friend,  when market crashes so many investors loose money.  So first we should know how to recover the losses then they may think about making profits.  It's too much  BTC is lower than 10000$.

You should always hedge your positions. If you're a large holder of bitcoin, maybe you want to hedge it with a small short of the 'real' BTC/USD futures. Start small with your hedges in a super bullish market...but always have them around. If not for protection, then just to make some cash during downside moments.

Cheers,
- ice
Vilgax73

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:34:44 PM

I also think that bringing in some spare fiat will turn out to be good decision.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:49:33 PM

To 5 points is good to apply comrades, its true there are advantages if the market is damaged but must think about a mature strategy and one of them is in the article. I personally really like actually on the 3rd point when it is drained out of the contents of my wallet.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
dogandogru

Activity: 481
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:04:51 PM

If you prefer short term/Intraday trades then Shorting is the best technique to earn profit even at the time of crash.
For long term prospective, HODL is the best solution. If you are not free then adobt this tech. This is always affective in long term as it does not matters how low it has been but now everything seems to be so good.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:30:47 PM

3)Hold On For Dear Life

and that is what mentioned there. It really gives very good return in near future like 5-6 months. My client paid me $60 worth of Ethereum when Ethereum was of $200 and i just dumped it in coinbase , now it was 5X of that so really this works well.

Grin

Indeed. We don't have a choose do we? Hodling on for Dear life is the best way to describe what we are going in right now. But since most of us are here are literally bag holders, this is the best option left for us.

4)Exiting To Fiat Currencies

I don't know though if you guys are going to follow this strategy. But I'm not converting it to Fiat and re-investing it to something like precious stones (GOLD) or stock market. Would rather stay in crypto and wait for the long haul.

5)Shorting Bitcoin

I think this can be done successful. However, it has high risk for me. Plus the fact that I'm no expert trader, I would shy from this strategy. Again, those who are doing this knows very well how the market works and take advantage of the will price that we are seeing, buy at <$10K and sell it around $10100-$10300 quickly.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
IldarW

Activity: 362
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 08:32:30 PM

If you don't know how to short, the best strategy for you when market crashes is just holding, no panic sell.

Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:36:08 PM

3)Hold On For Dear Life

Grin

This is exactly what people can't manage to do as far as I hear from them. They tend to sell with wheaper prices and they regret after all. They're not the ones to adopt their assets by protecting them tightly.
Hannibalis

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

BELUGA PAY. Complete Mobile Point of Sale System

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:39:54 PM

You can convert your Bitcoin to Tether and wait for price to be lower and buy again.

B E L U G A  P A Y  || The first Complete Mobile POS System || [ ICO 1st Mar 2018 ]
     Visa & Mastercard Certified     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Twitter    Medium
groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:40:57 PM

I've been hodling bitcoin for over 5 years, there's been plenty of corrections/mini crash's over that time. Just hold on and wait for the next correction which is sure to come. Holding and buying is the best advice to give when the price drops this much.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: