Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:43:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are market makers true?  (Read 43 times)
layoutph (OP)

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 01:37:15 PM

Hi guys, just want to know if the crypto market price is controlled by a group of individuals or market makers or purely based from the trading of every bitcoin holder.

If market makers is real who they are? Are they united? Are they involve in the sudden dump of dozen crypto currency?

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
teejaymuna

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 01:39:51 PM

I think BTC market price is only controlled by the trading of every BTC holder.
emuLOAD

Activity: 328
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:43:40 PM

"market maker" is perhaps a misnomer, but there definitely are market manipulators. Some may explicitly collaborate with each other, others may simply read the signs and follow.
Regardless, markets are Always a mix of manipulation and fear-induced mass-hysteria (wether it's panic or FOMO). The smaller the market of a given asset (cryptocurrency in this case), the more suceptible to direct manioulation it is.

People who can control the market are people that have very large percentages of the traded capital. though they can also be media influencers, hackers, etc.

In terms of "other crypto", there still really isn't any crypto that is fully detached from BTC, therefore when the panic seems to be about the "future of crpto", everything collapses and the ones with less maturity and trust (and money) tend to drop more. butcoin drops a little less because liquidating alts often requires purchasing BTC before liquidating.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:54:31 PM

In terms of "other crypto", there still really isn't any crypto that is fully detached from BTC, therefore when the panic seems to be about the "future of crpto", everything collapses and the ones with less maturity and trust (and money) tend to drop more. butcoin drops a little less because liquidating alts often requires purchasing BTC before liquidating.

Yes i noticed this too so really its a type of exit tax and you have to pay Bitcoin miners a silly
amount in fees.

Scammers known as Coinbase will sell you ETH but they won't give you a public address for the account
so that you can import ETH to sell for $USD and take profit not that I can see any profit being made in
BTC just now unless you short the coins

CPU-Wars by the 20,000 we have here just to process seven transactions a second keeps Intel and AMD
happy along with big oil that feeds the electrical power stations and I just don't know how we ever managed
to program computers before without deliberately heating up the CPU  Cheesy

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: