Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:25:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or sell it all ?  (Read 260 times)
Hooli1 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 04:09:09 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 09:40:57 PM by Hooli1

What would you do and why ?  Wink
I'm positive that the crypto will do a come-back within a short time.
more people invest now when it's low.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 04:10:13 PM

I had money i was depend on for a long trip and the situation now kinda ruin my plans.
if its going to be fixed back within fe weeks i h can wait but if it can takes long months to years to recover i'd rather to sell it now all.
what you suggest ?
Of course you must sell it all.  You risk to lose a lot of money if you pretend everything is OK and do that stupid 'hodl' thing.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
GinooHazel

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:12:15 PM

I sold my 7 Bitcoins for $11400 a few hours ago.
I will buy back when Bitcoin reaches $8000.

Then I will have more Bitcoin than before.
This is the best solution.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:26:14 PM

I really hope that you sold your seven Bitcoins for 11400$ each!

Selling high and buying low, that is something many people have already had in mind. Some were successful, others bought back even higher and sold again much lower.
What sounds so easy in theory sometimes is not so easy to achieve in reality.
A hodler does not have that problem.

It's me!!!
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:39:37 PM

I'm in a bitcoin for a year and when thr bitcoin value are going down it is better to hold for now and sell when it increase or when you are already satisfied with the value .
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 10:41:47 PM

I would sell all bitcoin. I would be open to the idea of having a small position in an altcoin like bch or maybe iota, but I'm not doing that now. I don't think now is a good time to buy in. This bear market is just getting started and could easily last years. I wouldn't be surprised to see btc fall below $4k and maybe even lower.

jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:47:18 PM

Bold move if it is real.

I would not wait until 8000 because it may not happen. I believe the value is still too low and may start to be on a bull run in a few weeks.I am hodling my bitcoin and wait for that bull run.
DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:54:38 PM

You should
What would you do and why ?  Wink

You should sell the coins right away. The price is going to drop like a rock on water. Its best to play it safe and sell out and invest in other assets like property, gold or stocks.

If the price does go back up after you sell, it does not matter you can always buy it again at a higher rate and wait for it to go even higher to book a profit again. Take the profits now while you get a chance.

As for those expecting $20k or $8k, NO ONE knows where this is going to go so good luck trying to time this market which is on both crack and mushroom at the same time. Of course if you believe in the crypto technology, just buy and HODL at least past the 2020 reward halving.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:54:58 PM

This bear market is just getting started and could easily last years. I wouldn't be surprised to see btc fall below $4k and maybe even lower.

Speculation based on absolutely nothing but hot air. If you seriously believe that this is the case, then why are you not buying exposure and short Bitcoin with futures? If you are confident in yourself that the market will fall back that much, then this basically is free money for you with no risk attached to it. If Bitcoin does what you think it will do, then you'll be banking big time. People have been spoiled too much with the increase of last year. If we right now would reach $3000 as all time high, the entire market would be extremely happy with that achievement. But now we have gone down to current levels of just over $11,000, people start talking about a bear market. Roll Eyes
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:22:49 PM

I had money i was depend on for a long trip and the situation now kinda ruin my plans.
if its going to be fixed back within fe weeks i h can wait but if it can takes long months to years to recover i'd rather to sell it now all.
what you suggest ?
Of course you must sell it all.  You risk to lose a lot of money if you pretend everything is OK and do that stupid 'hodl' thing.

I always look for your advice and do the opposite Smiley You serve as signal for me on what to do next.  And I am thankful for that.., though I always do the other way around Smiley.  Meaning, it is best to hodl when bitcoin price is plummeting.  I have the confidence to think so because bitcoin had proven himself to rebound after some corrections and dip then setting another all time high price.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:27:09 PM

If you believe that crypto is going make a comeback then just keep holding. Why would you sell all of your investment in crypto when you believe in it. In my opinion, investing and speculation is all about personal belief.

I think bitcoin is quite oversold right now and it's a great time to enter at a level between $10k-$12k. After the panic is gone, we could be back to the previous crazy hype. But then, that's what i believe and you may be different.

Could possibly happen. But i don't see bitcoin dropping another 30% any time soon back to under $10k. Otherwise it would have already done so 2 days ago. If you believe that bitcoin is going to go down to $8k, why not just short it on leverage? It's going to get you way better returns.
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:17:11 AM

You should
What would you do and why ?  Wink

You should sell the coins right away. The price is going to drop like a rock on water. Its best to play it safe and sell out and invest in other assets like property, gold or stocks.

If the price does go back up after you sell, it does not matter you can always buy it again at a higher rate and wait for it to go even higher to book a profit again. Take the profits now while you get a chance.

As for those expecting $20k or $8k, NO ONE knows where this is going to go so good luck trying to time this market which is on both crack and mushroom at the same time. Of course if you believe in the crypto technology, just buy and HODL at least past the 2020 reward halving.

If we have to feature out at year 2020 to the rewarding year, well that's great idea to think about because holding has a power which can change the way you live your life. Just like what am doing for the eight months of saving my coins whether its bitcoin or an alt, you can make it as a sleeping asset of yours that will mature of its value in the future. Sooner you can appreciate what you are having patience of, because it do provide you in such a way a good profit.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:18:30 AM

Many have tried this before.

They sold at $3K, wanted to buy back at $1K and instead bought at $20K.

What will do you when it doesn't reach $8K ?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:26:57 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 01:56:14 AM by TERA2

Is it all black and white? Couldnt you split and diversify? Currently ever since yesterday's drop I'm bitcoin in one account and fiat in another account. I'm all bitcoin in the Poloniex account because I've written off that account anyway plus I need the coins to margin trade alts. I daytraded those coins 3 times yesterday and the cost basis is now $7K. If it crashes I can still use my coins to margin buy an alt at the bottom and then profit. Tethers are the worst thing to hold there. You cant use them for anything plus tether could collapse. Its just as likely as and much more ugly than bitcoin collapsing. In the fiat account I do daytrades every rebound or movement I can predict. I'm not actually rebuying there until I see a huge reversal on large timeframes. Currently I'm trickling small amounts of coins from the bitcoin account back into cold storage and portions of fiat from the fiat account into bank withdrawals. The bank is much safer than an exchange and Ill still be able to buy GBTC if I really want.

60659 📦
Drixy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

reading.......

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:35:39 AM

Same as always HODL it as much as i can and it is a good time to add more into your Holding and get as much as we can after the huge crisis. It is understandable this is only the beginning of the year 2018 theres still some more.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:25:05 AM

Obviously, most people think about it, hoping for the price to fall down through the floor of $9500.
But, it's too late in my opinion, the best time to sell when bitcoin at $17,000 a few days ago, or at least at $14,000.
Sold bitcoin at $11,400 and buy back at $8000 (if it really happens) isn't so profitable unless you have a lot of bitcoin.
Let's calculate if you have BTC1, sell at $11,4K waiting for the price decline to $8000, which mean you can buy back BTC1 but can generate $3,400. But how if bitcoin will stay above $10,000? Instead, it will recover to $13K? Honestly, I doubt bitcoin will fall below $10K again, because the storm has passed now. What makes bitcoin price corrected is bitcoin futures contract holders who dump bitcoin in order to get profit from their contracts. They just using South Korea fud news to influence people to panic sell, that was a perfect moment to make it happen. Discount time is over for now.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:48:16 AM

Buy and hold while the price is not increasing cause maybe the valued will make a long jump like what happened before when bitcoin drop suddenly. Instead of selling we need to hold like what others do to help the price soar to the top. Cause if we keep selling the price will continue to collapse  .
Mind Control

Activity: 224
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:50:36 AM

Two consecutive wrong move. Sold low then bought high. LOL.

Maybe when he sold at 13k then a profit would be more certain. As to what you've said, many fell on this decisions and it seems some are falling for it also. I feel that Bitcoin's price will not go as low as 8k so I suggest him to buy back when (or if) Bitcoin drops to 10k. That way he could gain, though not much, at least he gained. Waiting too much could lead to waste of opportunity.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:51:21 AM

Unless you are doing day trading or scalping, the best thing to do is, of course, just HODL to what you've got and patiently wait for some days because we all know that the market will eventually make some rebound. The surge back may not be very dramatic and can be painfully slow but definitely there is no question the market will be coming back (and it is starting to move now as I am writing this reply). This big dip is traditionally a part of the market history and this should not be surprising anymore though admittedly it can be a little bit painful. The big lesson here is that we should look at things long-term rather than be focusing on the day-to-day market movement. We should have that vision of what we want and we should get educated with the things related to cryptocurrency.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:53:57 AM

what you suggest ?
Of course you must sell it all.  You risk to lose a lot of money if you pretend everything is OK and do that stupid 'hodl' thing.

Why are you hear still?

OP. Really? Grow a pair. Cryptocurrency fluctuates. You really need to get over it. If you can't handle 30% dips you can't handle 1000% gains either. Go invest in the stock market or crappy 2% investments at your bank. Good luck even keeping up with inflation.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: