Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:21:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying bitcoin without selling ones soul  (Read 89 times)
asmith999 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:08:24 PM

I've bought bitcoin before, a wire transfer and a few hours later there is coin in my wallet. So far i've been lucky and bought when it was down and looking at the current trend I see an opportunity to get lucky again Wink.
But now the vendor wants me to scan social security papers, passport and drivers license next to my face and upload it to vendor.com/surrenderyouridentityhere (and this is for small numbers, like 0.1btc and lower) ... I took a look a few other places and they sort of have the same conditions, to get verified(in order to use a credit card or wire transfer) you have to scan your identity and upload it to the internet. I am a privacy nut (I was on my vpn when I first registered here, that was a mistake) I cannot possibly scan any of those things and upload them to a semi random site on the internet.
So whats my options here? I have a 1080ti, is my only option to put it to use and pay the 'price' over the electrical bill?
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:24:11 PM

I've bought bitcoin before, a wire transfer and a few hours later there is coin in my wallet. So far i've been lucky and bought when it was down and looking at the current trend I see an opportunity to get lucky again Wink.
But now the vendor wants me to scan social security papers, passport and drivers license next to my face and upload it to vendor.com/surrenderyouridentityhere (and this is for small numbers, like 0.1btc and lower) ... I took a look a few other places and they sort of have the same conditions, to get verified(in order to use a credit card or wire transfer) you have to scan your identity and upload it to the internet. I am a privacy nut (I was on my vpn when I first registered here, that was a mistake) I cannot possibly scan any of those things and upload them to a semi random site on the internet.
So whats my options here? I have a 1080ti, is my only option to put it to use and pay the 'price' over the electrical bill?

Any legit exchange will ask you for your identity, unless it is lower then x amount.

Your best bet would probably be to P2P exchange with someone, on https://localbitcoins.com/ for example. Some vendors require identity, some don't.

mcs_john

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

Share your merit with me if I was helpful :)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:28:53 PM

It's part of new KYC policies

GLOBCOIN │ THE CURRENCY OF GLOBAL VILLAGE │GLOBCOIN (http://www.globcoin.io/)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: