Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:11:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Virtues of the Great HODL  (Read 1666 times)
ariyzt

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 09:37:03 AM

even my coin lost $$ more than 90%
u know what i'm thinking now?
forget it, i'm not going to touch my coin maybe for 1 or 2 years
when i keep seeing that coin i feeling frustated , then the way i should do now is forget that coin and HODL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sweetyeds84

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:09:47 AM

They called it patience is vertue and i second agree with that if you have a good strategy and not greedy in trading im sure your gonna success in the future the best part is for long term trading.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:27:59 PM

No matter how down is market now, there is no point of doing selling of tokens/bitcoin/altcoins right now. If we want to have bigger profit, we need to keep HOLDLING no matter what. We don't know until when will this market be like this, there is no exact time but we should learn how to be patient, that is the only key to earn bigger profit that will lead us to success.
I remember sometimes last year when the market got beaten down seriously and I bought doge at 30sats and it got drained up to 14sats, I held and when the market recovered, doge hit above 100sats and anyone can do the calculation. That is always the value of hodling and buying more during the dips, at least it would be more like buying marginally. As long as people keep that in mind as long as they have been holding during the dip, they would be fine.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 02:45:52 PM

when i keep seeing that coin i feeling frustated , then the way i should do now is forget that coin and HODL

At least you are going the right way because of your arrogant attitude! Sometimes bad things can lead to good one and one must thank to that one. You might just hold the coins because of your anger but tell you what you will not regret this hold in the future as the prices would have already touched the skies and you might be retiring depending upon the amount of money you have invested today. However, if you see the market today then you will recognise the power of the BTC where it is increasing the volume with crazy speed. These kind of events will come over and over again in the future and it will keep pushing the prices further. Thats why holding stands good chance of giving us profits.
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:34:18 PM

At least you are going the right way because of your arrogant attitude! Sometimes bad things can lead to good one and one must thank to that one. You might just hold the coins because of your anger but tell you what you will not regret this hold in the future as the prices would have already touched the skies and you might be retiring depending upon the amount of money you have invested today. However, if you see the market today then you will recognise the power of the BTC where it is increasing the volume with crazy speed. These kind of events will come over and over again in the future and it will keep pushing the prices further. Thats why holding stands good chance of giving us profits.
But what if you are holding out to a coin that there is absolutely no hope for it to recover even in the far future? You may still find hope in yourself with HODL notions and all but that idea is not applicable to all coins. If a coin 's price is just playing around 5-10 cents over the year and gets even lower the following year, will you still hold on to that coin because you believe in its features in the first place?
Ikechebelu

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:54:30 PM

The HODL principle is still the best option and determined people will smile in no distant time
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:57:43 PM

They called it patience is vertue and i second agree with that if you have a good strategy and not greedy in trading im sure your gonna success in the future the best part is for long term trading.

Yes, its really a virtue to have patience and not just make hasty decision that you are going to regret later. We should learn from those early adopters to have patience and wait for the right moment to sell our coins in order to maximized profit.

I know its really going to be tough, but you have to think for the future. Apparently, it really works so for those who are getting into the market and investing, you have to keep in mind that in this market, you need to hold for as long as you can and don't panic.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:57:13 AM

Yes, markets are crashing. Yes, it feels pretty depressing to see digital wealth collapsing in the front of your eyes.

Yet, this goes against the notion of the HODL entirely. If one were to look at the entire history of Bitcoin and crypto, there have been similar corrections. These always usually happen around January. The market shakes out the newbies and those that panic tend to get flushed out.

https://www.coinbureau.com/analysis/virtues-hodl-market-crash/

There are also suspisions that these could be large whales that are trying to spook the market and profit on large short futures that are currently on.

Either way, the Hodler does not let fear and short term market movements drive his / her investing decisions. I know Warren Buffet does not like crypto a lot but he said "if you cant lose 50% of your investment in a stock and still be confident in it, then you shouldn't be in that stock"

Are there any fellow hodlers here?

Yes, I am a fellow #HODLer. I have been holding most of my tokens as of now despite the bearish market. Imagine from $15,000 down to $5,700, then trading between $6,500 to $7,200 in the past few weeks before it goes back up again between $7,800 to $8,100. I still believe that it would go bullish again in the second half of this year. Cheers!

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
BTCappu

Activity: 516
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:47:36 AM

Well definitely it is all about the patience when you come in the trading field. Either you are doing day trading or holding your coins for long time, you must be patient so that better results can be drawn out. But people don’t consider this point and take it as for granted which results is bad ending for any sort of method. Holding will automatically help you to be patient but still you must do it yourself.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 12:34:04 PM

If its a good coin then holding is the last option for you, if you can see the prices are slowly recovering. Don’t lose hope your profit will come to you on time be patient this time and just keep on learning things so you will not buy shit coins again.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 12:55:35 PM

Imagine from $15,000 down to $5,700, then trading between $6,500 to $7,200 in the past few weeks before it goes back up again between $7,800 to $8,100.
That's the nature of this market. If people have the balls to enter the market at $15,000 levels, then they should also have the balls to keep hodling through the correction. It's pointless to expect anything different at peak levels.

Supply and demand has different phases, and especially in case of a strong bull run going on, you know that the price is almost guaranteed to fall back down to levels significantly below the highest point.

Common sense should be enough in this case to understand the effects of hype demand and the adjustment back to regular (much lower) demand. The difference between the two is immense as we have seen.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 02:00:40 PM

1 btc is always 1 btc, I realized how poor centralized currencies are, so if I don't need them to pay for something, it is meaningless for me to sell my btc at $6000 or $20.000. It is valuable for its properties to me not as it is exchanged for $8000 now

Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:11:15 PM

1 btc is always 1 btc, I realized how poor centralized currencies are, so if I don't need them to pay for something, it is meaningless for me to sell my btc at $6000 or $20.000. It is valuable for its properties to me not as it is exchanged for $8000 now

Yes that is how it should be.
Sadly users now cannot sleep because they keep on converting their bitcoin and other crypto currencies into USD.
They dont see the thing that we see.
It aint a ghost so why do they have a different view. I guess there have been too much short term investors or sometimes I call them short tempered human beings.
You cannot wait then get out as fast as you can. There will be a lot of dips that may come and you might not be ready and cause a panic.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:39:49 AM

No matter how down is market now, there is no point of doing selling of tokens/bitcoin/altcoins right now. If we want to have bigger profit, we need to keep HOLDLING no matter what. We don't know until when will this market be like this, there is no exact time but we should learn how to be patient, that is the only key to earn bigger profit that will lead us to success.
I remember sometimes last year when the market got beaten down seriously and I bought doge at 30sats and it got drained up to 14sats, I held and when the market recovered, doge hit above 100sats and anyone can do the calculation. That is always the value of hodling and buying more during the dips, at least it would be more like buying marginally. As long as people keep that in mind as long as they have been holding during the dip, they would be fine.

Holding always pays you off. And especially if you are holding the coins that have much bigger values. They will never come to give you big profits if you don’t have confidence in them. Like bitcoins, if someone is enough confident on these and hold his coin for longer times, definitely he will be getting much bigger profits at the end of day. You can’t just waste up the whole amount but doing day trading.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:11:57 AM

Yes, markets are crashing. Yes, it feels pretty depressing to see digital wealth collapsing in the front of your eyes.

Yet, this goes against the notion of the HODL entirely. If one were to look at the entire history of Bitcoin and crypto, there have been similar corrections. These always usually happen around January. The market shakes out the newbies and those that panic tend to get flushed out.

https://www.coinbureau.com/analysis/virtues-hodl-market-crash/

There are also suspisions that these could be large whales that are trying to spook the market and profit on large short futures that are currently on.

Either way, the Hodler does not let fear and short term market movements drive his / her investing decisions. I know Warren Buffet does not like crypto a lot but he said "if you cant lose 50% of your investment in a stock and still be confident in it, then you shouldn't be in that stock"

Are there any fellow hodlers here?
That time of the year was expected to have an incredible correction sadly for newbies and other new starters they didn't know what to do and the upcoming disasters wasn't expected from their side so that leads them into panicking that was the reason why some influential fuckers was ruining bitcoin's reputation into having Bitcoin branded as a scam subject.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:17:26 PM

Imagine from $15,000 down to $5,700, then trading between $6,500 to $7,200 in the past few weeks before it goes back up again between $7,800 to $8,100.
That's the nature of this market. If people have the balls to enter the market at $15,000 levels, then they should also have the balls to keep hodling through the correction. It's pointless to expect anything different at peak levels.

Supply and demand has different phases, and especially in case of a strong bull run going on, you know that the price is almost guaranteed to fall back down to levels significantly below the highest point.

Common sense should be enough in this case to understand the effects of hype demand and the adjustment back to regular (much lower) demand. The difference between the two is immense as we have seen.

Well then, common sense must be not so common anymore since there are many who don't understand the effect of the hype and the correction we experienced after. There are many who lost faith and sold their btc after seeing the price go down, and most are the early investors who jumped in the hype. There are even those who attempted to spread negativity and FUD such as saying that BTC is about to die or completely lose it's value. Unfortunately, not many understand this nor do they have the guts to stay and hodl.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:02:18 PM

There is another view on this though. While I am a fan of the great hodling for quite sometime, something within me changed when I spoke to one of my friends, who is an expert in finance and trading. He told me that there are times when you are already losing so much yet you are still obsessing so much about the idea of hodling when in fact you earn more when you try to cash out. Say for instance, you get little earnings like 1% on a daily basis had you opted to cash out every so often yet you hodl thinking that in the latter, you get to earn 10% increase in a week time. But think about it, have you really earned more in the latter, taking into consideration inflation? I do not think so. Hence, you have to learn how to weigh things before you act upon it.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:10:37 PM

Holding always pays you off. And especially if you are holding the coins that have much bigger values. They will never come to give you big profits if you don’t have confidence in them. Like bitcoins, if someone is enough confident on these and hold his coin for longer times, definitely he will be getting much bigger profits at the end of day. You can’t just waste up the whole amount but doing day trading.

Well the thing is, nit everyone has the luxury of time and holding for a long time can't be a part of their plans. Sometimes you have to still react to how the market moves if you can't afford to hodl like others.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:43:39 PM

Actually digital wealth is not collapsing in the front of your eyes.If the price of brought coin is reduced,then you will see the value of holding coins is reduced.Consider the coin as bitcoin.But actually the value of  bitcoin is not reduced,it's seems like reduced.Once the price increased ,it seems the value increased.If you hold more than two months,you will get huge dollars for the same bitcoin.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:18:56 PM

I just realize that bitcoin always show uptrend after I open yearly graph , well that's make me feel regret if only I keep hold bitcoin from 4 years ago, I can manage massive profit about 20 times !

From now on,I just believe and keep HOLD as long as possible

Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: