Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:53:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I find a good altcoin?  (Read 95 times)
CryptoMark2585 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:13:35 PM

There are virtually hundreds of altcoins you can trade or invest long.

but How can I find a good altcoin?
dimon01

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:25:27 PM

Look at the list of top 10 altcoins-these are the most promising altcoins.
If you want to find something promising from the new altcoins, then read the road map, white paper, ask questions about specific altcoins here on the forum.
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:29:01 PM

Well, you've found the best forum to do your research on which altcoins to invest and trade in.  Just keep browsing this forum, use the search function and stick in the "alternative cryptocurrencies" sections and you'll eventually find what you've been looking for.  The "announcements" section is where you should spend most of your research.  Good luck.
Baton55

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:30:09 PM

To find proper altcoins you can use Coinmarketcap. It is a great place to research coins. It is  a place where you can understand  how  altcoins are doing in the crypto market. First, just get to the site and look on top coins, then check coins that gained most in last 24h and finally,check coins that lost the most. The coins that have many exchanges and  had no super bad news - those are most likely investments that will soon raise again. The ones that have volume of like 17 USD are likely a flop. Others - do the research as before.
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:35:11 PM

Finding a good altcoin takes a lot of time and effort. You have to research for hours about it. I usually look here at bitcointalk and try to find something interesting. Other way around is to go to 4th page at coijnmarketcap and start looking at every coin.

rallyko

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:46:08 PM

You need to know more about coins. Read the white paper, find out the technology and idea of the coin, follow the road map. If the developers fulfill their promises, you can take a closer look at the coin. Sometimes, I ask questions about a coin that I like here on the forum.

GreenPowerRanger

Activity: 223

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:55:56 PM

First of all, there must be a real project behind the coin. Not any new coin who want to be the new bitcoin, who want to be the new crpytocurrency for the regular people who can pay with them in the grocerystore. So it dont has to be a currency to pay.
Dydot

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:58:27 PM

Do your research on the coin. Read the white paper, find out about the team, follow them and be active on twitter, also bitcointalk forum is a good place to know more about the coin you are researching.

Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:01:58 PM

Start from buying tokens during some new ICOs. Find those one that have massive viral effect (alive telegram group 15000+ members and so on) and gonna make real some good blockchain technology or dapp. This will give you much more than altcoins already been traded.
ico_reviews

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

ICO reviews through objective analysis

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 09:11:42 PM

You can see the top 5 and top 10 altcoins in CryptoRated.
Very solid ratings and a great place to analyze ICOs.

https://cryptorated.com/

Good luck!
Entei

Activity: 543
Merit: 281

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:12:53 PM

It is interesting to note every comment on this topic, regarding the question, studying the project, understanding the team's ideal is basic for any currency, but i always comment that it depends on your goal, there are currencies that profits are slow and there are currencies that profits fast.
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:14:08 PM

Look for a good idea accompanied  by a good dev team who you think could deliver that idea.
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:16:08 PM

Right now.. Everything* is a good buy.

*Almost

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
martin.k

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:18:05 PM

If you want to do long term investment, I would suggest you to go for the first five cryptos.
Hammerman

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:33:53 PM

Dude, this is a serious analytical work. If you listen to the signals of other people, then with a high probability you will lose. We need to look for good projects, study them. Look at the team's achievements. Look at the road map. Understand the usefulness of the product for society and evaluate its prospects. Then you can count on a good profit.
jemiro

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:35:52 PM

Bottom line, will someone need a certain service or give value to a certain coin in a few years that you can buy cheap now? None of us know.
As the current deep correction works out the new mellow spot between the old highs and lows I suspect the most popular ones should begin to gain value first.

But it seems more fun and educational when you use your own beliefs and knowledge to choose what will work and won't work. Also, I've learned the hard way to separate marketing hype from actual functionality/interest/team capability.
JollySkipper

Activity: 136

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:35:57 PM

www.icotoinvest.com
DIW top in the list!

Read the whitepaper, is the best project of the 18 and I don't think would be any better, its like the next step of ethereum, what should happen long ago!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
defc0de

Activity: 270

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:36:16 PM

Coinmarketcap.com is the way to go brother. Open it up and check out a few of the top 10-20 coins, click on each of them and you will see links to their official website, bitcointalk ANN thread and some other useful info i.e. blockchain explorer, other websites etc. So far the top altcoins right now had been pretty stable in terms of price and it is obviously worth investing a few bucks in each of these coins. The only issue with them is that their stability also limits the amount of growth you can have. These coins have grown into their actual value and may stay in that price for a long time. If you're looking for a good altcoin that still has a lot of capacity to grow, better look at the lower capped coins. Don't invest blindly though, check on their website as well, see reviews of the coin here in bitcointalk and possible red flags on the altcoin you want to enter. I actually invested just on two coins right now, Bitcoin and DeepOnion. Bitcoin - to buy some more alts and DeepOnion as I believe in the future growth of this coin. It's a sleeper in the privacy niche, considering it has outstanding tech - TOR privacy based coin. The community is also strong, try to join their forum here and experience the community's activity: https://deeponion.org/community/. It has grown from less than 1USD to almost 25USD on its peak last time. It still has a lot of room to grow, see its competing coin privacy coin (XMR and DASH), both are more than a hundred dollars and they more or less have the same supply as DeepOnion, do a quick math and you'll see how much room to grow DeepOnion has.

Buyingallcoinsz

Activity: 392
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:36:25 PM

Nearly in the top 100 that is an altcoin is a good buy. Try Ethereum budddddddd
ilya_gr

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:37:02 PM

Make your own investigation:) Now there are promising projects with small cap, which will help to scale the net of other top coins. RDN and other. So study the industry and you will know, Good luck
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: