Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is a MASSIVE bubble right now.. POP soon!  (Read 316 times)
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:39:56 AM

I'm sorry that you missed the opportunity to buy at the bottom when the market was giving you a discount or possibly sold there instead and now you are screwed but that doesn't mean because you made a mistake bitcoin should now be in a bubble!

there is no bubble. the bubble that existed was around $20,000 which then burst and it was corrected back at $14,000. from that price to the current rate it is an artificial low due to FUD and lots of idiots who were considered weak hands who panicked and sold their coins cheap to the whales who are now buying bitcoin as much as they can to accumulate for the next rally.
Do you read posts or just the title??? Youre making an idiot of yourself.

LOL. blame it on my weak English but there is nothing called "Downside bubble" as far as I know. he is trying so hard to create a new concept which does not exist and he is too vague about it which is why everyone is making the conclusion based on the title and a little bit of his vague content.

maybe the word "opposite bubble" would have been better although it still doesn't make any sense! "cucked out bubble"? haha...

Only Bitcoin
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 11:28:55 AM

A bubble to the downside would mean people were borrowing money to short.

CBOE is expiring today. CME expiring in a week or two I think.

Shorting and manipulation were, without a doubt, major factors... at least that's how I explain the dramatic recovery recently along with CBOE.

These don't matter at all. The futures don't have any affect on bitcoin price. They are cash settled, no bitcoin is purchased or sold. There is no manipulation at all, this is normal behavior for bitcoin. People always just scream manipulation whenever they make a bad investment that doesn't move in the direction they think it will. It's so dumb.

Enjel (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:30:33 AM

A bubble to the downside would mean people were borrowing money to short.

CBOE is expiring today. CME expiring in a week or two I think.

Shorting and manipulation were, without a doubt, major factors... at least that's how I explain the dramatic recovery recently along with CBOE.

These don't matter at all. The futures don't have any affect on bitcoin price. They are cash settled, no bitcoin is purchased or sold. There is no manipulation at all, this is normal behavior for bitcoin. People always just scream manipulation whenever they make a bad investment that doesn't move in the direction they think it will. It's so dumb.

I know that no Bitcoin is involved in the futures themselves.

But do you really think big institutional whales are going to "bet" on the Bitcoin price going down (since that's pretty much what a short does), and just hope it happens?

Of course not.

Using crypto to pay for college.
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:38:23 PM

There is no manipulation at all, this is normal behavior for bitcoin. ...

Do you really think that institutional investors have wired 300M $ to Tether in the
last 48 hours? Without these huge Tether issuances the price would already be below 8000 $.

I agree that Bitcoin is highly volatile in general compared to traditional assets, but
the Bitcoin market is heavily manipulated (especially on Bitfinex and the Korean exchanges).

Enjel (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:45:50 PM

There is no manipulation at all, this is normal behavior for bitcoin. ...

Do you really think that institutional investors have wired 300M $ to Tether in the
last 48 hours? Without these huge Tether issuances the price would already be below 8000 $.

I agree that Bitcoin is highly volatile in general compared to traditional assets, but
the Bitcoin market is heavily manipulated (especially on Bitfinex and the Korean exchanges).

How much of a problem is this? We know that Tether is not 100% backed up.. but neither are literally any financial institutions.

If everyone with a Citibank account wanted to get cash from a Citibank, they wouldn't have enough paper money on the spot.

Using crypto to pay for college.
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:03:02 PM

How much of a problem is this? We know that Tether is not 100% backed up.. but neither are literally any financial institutions.

If everyone with a Citibank account wanted to get cash from a Citibank, they wouldn't have enough paper money on the spot.

As long as they keep issuing new Tether when the price drops too low (they are faced with a quandary)
it is not a problem.

But if a US authority decides to shut them down (the same fate that was suffered by Liberty Reserve) and the
music stops things will get really ugly. The big majority of exchanges have lots of USDT trading pairs and if
USDT was shutdown the cryptocurrency market will see the real crash.

As long as Tether is propping up the whole cryptocurrency market we won´t see the real crash.
I have no idea how long they can continue to do this (they have issued 300M $ in the last 48 hours).

Yamifoud

Activity: 2772
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:16:33 PM

The downside bubble is soon going to collapse soon. Right now we have Wall Street, Asia (taxes), and the double dose of FUD by the media creating a massive Bubble to the downside that even broke 10k at once, and may break it again.

But this bubble is going to POP really really soon - guarantee it.

Why is it that some people only talk about bubbles to the upside? We are definitely in a downside bubble right now for Bitcoin. For alts, I agree there was a large upside bubble. But Bitcoin hasn't even moved much recently. Definitely a downside bubble for a 0.5% adopted currency, and store of value.
We need not to lose our hope, we must into the positive side which could really people from trusting again into bitcoin. Though people says it a bubble, and yes it's true but it won't make bitcoin from losing it's capability in the market as it marked the name of cryptocurrency in the world history.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███