Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:29:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 1147 times)
uvwvj (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
-
August 19, 2013, 04:00:16 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 04:31:54 PM by uvwvj

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 12:45:23 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 11:31:56 PM by joesmoe2012

Why would you want to build homes in this market?

How would you hedge against BTC going up while the USD was invested in building the homes.

I.e. if I invest 1 BTC (BTC=100 USD at that time), you then turn it into 150 USD by selling the coins and building homes, and then convert the $150 back to BTC, which has gone up, and is worth say $200 USD per BTC. Thus instead of having 1 BTC, I only end up with less than the 1 BTC i started with.

I can't see how these would be a good way to invest if you consider BTC to be on the slow and gradual rise.

<edit> Edited to remove a bunch of horrible grammar.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
VinceSamios

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 12:46:52 PM

It would help if you could spell ... hehe, just trolling, minor spelling mistake in the title. "Guaging VC Interest - 2 Residential Homes Build - BTC to USD Investment"

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 12:58:44 PM

Why would you want to build homes in this market?

How would you hedge against BTC going up while the USD was invested in building the homes.

I.e. if I invest 1 BTC (BTC=100 USD at that time), you then turn it into 150 USD by building and selling hte ocins, and convert back to BTC, which has gone up, and is worth say $200 USD per BTC. Thus instead of getting 1.5 BTC, I only end up with less than 1 BTC.

I can't see how these would be a good way to invest if you consider BTC to be on the slow and graudal rise.

Because in this locality home values never dropped and are still increasing, and building homes is still going strong.

That is why I stated that this would not be an IPO or stock option using Bitcoins, as you can not protect against bitcoin raising or lowering, it is a way to diversify out of Bitcoins if you so choose.

Again as I stated above if you are bullish on BTC this would not possibly be a good investment for you, this is an option for an early miner who is staked 100% into bitcoins to diversify his portofolio, and not put all of his eggs in one basket.  Therefore locking in the price of USD in bitcoins in todays market or at time of investment.

Sorry I didn't read closely enough.

I actually do think this is a good idea in that case as it allows diversification into the usd housing market without BTC/USD issues.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:59:42 AM

As we approach 170 on Gox, something like this gets a whole lot cheaper in coins.
Cheaper at the onset, but there is a large currency risk involved if Bitcoin keeps going up which it likely will based on the long term upward trend.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: