Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:41:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can people invest in ETH ? Does everyone have short term memory ?  (Read 232 times)
eckmar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:57:09 PM

What I don't understand is how can people still invest and believe in Ethereum. Yeah I guess that newbs can argue fast, low fees blah blah. There are much better currencies that support smart contracts in a language other than shitty Solidity. But the main thing, did everyone forget about the DAO hack ? Yeah I understand that coins were stolen but still what happens on blockchain SHOULD NOT BE ALTERED because someone lost money. I mean that is the main point of blockchain isn't it ? I argued for ETC when this kind of topic was popular here. So I would really like for you guys to explain me your mindset and why would you invest in ETH long term (buying it in order to invest in ICOs is not long term !!) when you know that if something goes wrong or there is something that Buterin does not like can be reverted with a fork ?
Hawaii2020

Activity: 112
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:03:47 PM

people love buy expensive coin i dont know why. maybe sheep, maybe lemming, maybe illusion for false safety.

i be millionaire before 2019 investing walton and metaverse,mark my word i solely invest 10k.

my friend buy neo at 20 cent he is millionaire,. he give tip for metaverse and waltonchain but i do my own research and look at many many coin
antipoff

Activity: 318
Merit: 10

EHFIRST

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:14:26 PM

Because of Vitalik Buterin! He is really genius!
Also the big reason - is that many many ICOs are on ethereum contracts. So it is, and so it WILL BE some time for shure.

E-HEALTH FIRST
▬▬ ● ● Bitcointalk ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ WEBSITE ▰▰
eckmar (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:18:11 PM

Because of Vitalik Buterin! He is really genius!
Also the big reason - is that many many ICOs are on ethereum contracts. So it is, and so it WILL BE some time for shure.

Genius ? Really ? Did you read my post ? I'm not sure that you were around at the time of DAO hack but if you were you would know that he is only a sellout and a guy that cares only about profit and investors and does not give a fuck about community or the blockchain in general.
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:28:07 PM

It is a purely rational decision any researcher will make. Look at the numerous ICO coming up and you will realize all is base on the Ethereum network smart contract. It gives the impression that Ether will be demanded now and in the future.
coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:32:25 PM

Smart contracts is the main causes,,
people can create their own token in ethereum platform,
so, this mean ethereum platform is useful at this moment
and so many ICO project accepted only eth in funding, this can create another demands for eth my friend

Hawaii2020

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:32:51 PM

i ask my friend he is neo millionaire.
people say to him: buy eth! buy eth!... but he refuse. he buy neo at 20 cent when everyone say is shit and look now he is multi millionaire with lambo and yacht (sail)

so i ask him every day what to buy now what buy now. and he say metaverse and waltonchain. and so i do a lot of research and look at other projects but these are best! waltonchain got more partnership than freakin ripple! and metaverse is next neo! so that i think is best to buy now

so go in eth if you want to make 50% win in next year but go in inexpensive coins if you want 5000% win! dont do what everyone do. do your own research and you will be millionaire like my friend and hopefully i  (i pray every night)
MachineElf

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:36:13 PM

You think ETH is a bad investment? Or you just don't like it for whatever reason?

If you think you'll lose money investing in ETH you're just wrong...
eckmar (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:39:05 PM

You think ETH is a bad investment? Or you just don't like it for whatever reason?

If you think you'll lose money investing in ETH you're just wrong...

I don't think I will lose money, but i'm not investing only for profits. I don't believe in ETH and I don't like what they did. I just can't get over it because it defies all principles of blockchain.

Smart contracts is the main causes,,
people can create their own token in ethereum platform,
so, this mean ethereum platform is useful at this moment
and so many ICO project accepted only eth in funding, this can create another demands for eth my friend
There are much better solutions for smart contracts than ETH. I know and I've created many smart contracts in my career as a developer. What I hate the most is working with Ether's solidity. NEO has the most pleasant working experience and in my mind is the best smart contract platform to date.
Renu kapoor

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 03:30:31 AM

Do not go or learn what people say about investing in any coin, just do your own home work and dig out the best result for securing your money, read, discuss and find out the best and try to invest for long term you must get decent results

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
eckmar (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:54:20 PM

Do not go or learn what people say about investing in any coin, just do your own home work and dig out the best result for securing your money, read, discuss and find out the best and try to invest for long term you must get decent results

I was in crypto long enough to understand how to invest   Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes I didn't ask for financial advice I just want to understand the mindset of current Ethereum investors. Is there anyone that actually believe in platform or ETH is now just there in order to make profits.
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:00:00 PM

I think that 80% of Ethereum buyers dont know about situation with DAO, even without saying about technical parameters of ETH Blockchain. A lot of people buy it just for ICO participating as >3/4 of ICOs are based on ETH Blockchain. That sad, but true.

Also a lot of people are waiting for next hardfork, when situation will be improved. I hope
DanWalker

Activity: 1946
Merit: 547

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:03:33 PM

I use ETH just as a payment tool to invest in ICO projects. I don't like to keep a large amount of ETH as an investment due to potentially low ROI. Young projects can give much more imo.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 02:14:58 PM

investing as work on decision with the chance as moderating use of release from table of developer and collecting returns of nominal profit within the interval sequence between entrance to the market.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:47:16 PM

What I don't understand is how can people still invest and believe in Ethereum. Yeah I guess that newbs can argue fast, low fees blah blah. There are much better currencies that support smart contracts in a language other than shitty Solidity. But the main thing, did everyone forget about the DAO hack ? Yeah I understand that coins were stolen but still what happens on blockchain SHOULD NOT BE ALTERED because someone lost money. I mean that is the main point of blockchain isn't it ? I argued for ETC when this kind of topic was popular here. So I would really like for you guys to explain me your mindset and why would you invest in ETH long term (buying it in order to invest in ICOs is not long term !!) when you know that if something goes wrong or there is something that Buterin does not like can be reverted with a fork ?
Ethers are a very multifunctional cryptocurrency with its help you can not only earn but also use in smart contracts. I do not think that whales who invested in this currency were guided by peer pressure. Otherwise their wallets would be filled with other altcoins now.
cdb1690

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:04:28 PM

There are much better solutions for smart contracts than ETH. I know and I've created many smart contracts in my career as a developer. What I hate the most is working with Ether's solidity. NEO has the most pleasant working experience and in my mind is the best smart contract platform to date.

I'm curious, why do you think Solidity is a shitty language? I've read several different discussions about advantages and disadvantages of using custom languages, but since I'm not a programmer I can't evaluate this myself. That said, I do find Solidity source code extremely easy to read and follow.

I'm a big fan of NEO as well. Nevertheless it's worth pointing out that DBFT consensus algorithm or any DPOS algorithm for that matter is by its very nature more centralized than standard PoW or PoS consensus algorithms. Moreover, NEO seems to be much more regulatory complaint and much less privacy focused than Ethereum. But I agree with your main point: I don't think you should do a hardfork every time someone loses some money. Even more so, when people lose money due to a bug in some third party dapp as oppose to bug in a protocol itself. Even more so, when said dapp is celebrated as "smart contract" or "dao" - something that can replace entire legal system. If code is a law, then it has to be a law regardless of consequences.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
multic2012

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:25:00 PM

20% I keep only in ethereum, there are even more promising coins !!!! That neo also normally gives on smart contracts! But the oldest of our friends is all on the blockbuster and he can not be outdone!
eckmar (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:37:09 PM

I'm curious, why do you think Solidity is a shitty language? I've read several different discussions about advantages and disadvantages of using custom languages, but since I'm not a programmer I can't evaluate this myself. That said, I do find Solidity source code extremely easy to read and follow.

I'm a big fan of NEO as well. Nevertheless it's worth pointing out that DBFT consensus algorithm or any DPOS algorithm for that matter is by its very nature more centralized than standard PoW or PoS consensus algorithms. Moreover, NEO seems to be much more regulatory complaint and much less privacy focused than Ethereum. But I agree with your main point: I don't think you should do a hardfork every time someone loses some money. Even more so, when people lose money due to a bug in some third party dapp as oppose to bug in a protocol itself. Even more so, when said dapp is celebrated as "smart contract" or "dao" - something that can replace entire legal system. If code is a law, then it has to be a law regardless of consequences.

Solidity is easily understandable but it's in my mind just not enough. Also it's a custom language. So lets say you finish something related to computers and you know a few languages like C, C++, Java etc. Now I must say Solidity is simple enough to learn in short time if you have programming knowledge but wouldn't you prefer to work with something that you are familiar with for years ? When I write a production code in Java/C I feel confident in my code because I have years of working experience with Java/C. Now Solidity is simple but I just don't have the same confidence when writing a smart contract with it. That is just my personal preference, I don't think everyone will share my opinion. Also if you have a problem there are tons of material for a widely used language, and in case of Solidity you are reliant on Ethereum's Developer documentation and a few guys that spent their time posting content online in order to help out beginners.

If code is a law, then it has to be a law regardless of consequences.

Exactly my point.
Anonymous Kid

Activity: 183
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:59:25 AM

So many plebs in this thread... wow.
Hawaii2020

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:40:30 PM

There was coins that went up 100 times in last 6 months. ETH and Bitcoin only went 2 times in last 6 months. Thats FAIL!

So if you are in ETH you are only LOSING money every day. FAIL!

ETH is always same with bitcoin because ETH is a garbage shitcoin. FAIL!

You only lose money if you park your money in ETH beause ETH since 6 month barely move (yes 2 times but its NOTHING in crypto).FAIL!

Do you think ETH can just collect hundrets of billions ?? its just too big already !! FAIL!

But people are DUMB and buy losing eth with high risk. Who pay $1100 for 1 eth when others get it for $0.1 or $5 ? So stupid people who love THROWING AWAY MONEY to pyramid scheme. FAIL!

With ETH you may lose all or if you are lucky you make x2 your money and can buy bicycle. High risk very low reward. Why many people dont get it Huh Or is it always people who got ETH for $1 and try to trick others to buy it at $1100 so price rises for their 100s of ETH? FAIL!

Get Neo, Raiblocks, WTC, Metaverse and you are GUARANTEED to x100 your money, maybe more and buy lambo. WIN!

ETH is dead, old horse way overpriced. Good luck on that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: