Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:18:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-01-17] Get ‘Em While They’re Cheap? Two-Day Crypto Market Slump Offers ...  (Read 117 times)
cybersofts (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:49:01 PM

Get ‘Em While They’re Cheap? Two-Day Crypto Market Slump Offers Steep ‘Discounts’

The second day of losses throughout cryptocurrency markets is giving would-be traders a chance to buy that may not be repeated.

Bitcoin dropped below $10,000 on Cointelegraph’s price index Wednesday, Jan. 17. On the same day, Ethereum (ETH) went below $900, marking a price slide of over 30% for both assets this week.

Community and industry figures have reacted with mixed emotions to the downturn, which mimics behavior seen in January over the past three years.

“Unless you can watch your stock holding decline by 50% without becoming panic-stricken, you should not be in the stock market.” – Warren Buffett. (What’s the numbers for the crypto market?)
    — Parabolic Trav (@parabolictrav) January 17, 2018

If #Bitcoin was a bus. pic.twitter.com/mcDcj0Cvf5
    — WhalePanda (@WhalePanda) January 17, 2018

Data shows that Bitcoin set its annual low in the second week of January for 2015, 2016 and 2017:

2015 - Low was Jan 15
    2016 - Low was Jan 16
    2017 - Low was Jan 12
    2018 - Low ....
    — Bails (@iancbailey) January 16, 2018

Across major altcoin markets, assets are also currently being traded at steep discounts versus just a week ago, when many were still beating all-time highs in USD.

The slide against fiat is fuelling a fresh round of mainstream media speculation Wednesday, meanwhile, with various publications hinting at the possibility of Bitcoin’s alleged ‘bubble’ having burst.

“Did Bitcoin just burst?” Bloomberg writes citing analysts who compare current price performance to historical commodity bubbles.

A curious U-turn in the industry came from highly-critical CNBC. Even as prices had fallen 20% Tuesday, the network came out with a piece explaining why Bitcoin “skeptics” were “wrong” to suggest it has no value.

“Many people think that bitcoin is a bubble, and that's predicted on the concept that bitcoin has no value. But there's reason to believe that that just isn't true,” CNBC’s article concludes.

“By definition, bitcoin is scarce. And the cryptocurrency may have utility as a superior way to store and exchange wealth.”

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/get-em-while-theyre-cheap-two-day-crypto-market-slump-offers-steep-discounts
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:58:27 PM

For investors and traders, they know it's a great time to buy more coins at a cheaper rate, all of those coins are on discount right now.
We know the potential of bitcoin and some altcoins which have reached a higher price, it just a normal correction at the moment but most cryptocurrencies already starts to recovers at the moment, just check on cmc and you will see most of the coins has green indicators.
NEWyorkcityseller

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:06:59 AM

I see you always publish news for cointelegraph, i wanna know how to get contact with them? i bought $7500 bitcoin to get a press release. I paid this big amount on december 31 , the press never publish and they never send a refund.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:08:44 AM

I can personally attest to what this market slump can bring to people who believe in crypto. I bought some Bitcoin as well as some other altcoins during one of the lowest points earlier today and managed to come quite ahead in relation to my position in the market before. As someone over in the Bitcoin subreddit mentioned, this is mostly exaggerated corrections created by people manipulating the market knowing what the behavior of the masses (selling when price starts going down) would be and buying and selling accordingly. Falling into the trap just plays into their plan.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:41:37 AM

There's just something about the second week of January huh? Either way and for whatever reason, we should know that this is not the "bursted" state of Bitcoin if you would like to refer to it as a bubble. I stand with the many in believing that Bitcoin is not a bubble but knowing that its low rates are due to contributing factors affecting its supply and demand. As we can see although not properly sources, Bitcoin follows a trend during this time of the year. This time is also the best opportunity for people to invest more on Bitcoin for as soon as it recovers, it can multiply your investments in ways you wouldn'expect.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:49:24 AM

Effect of South Korea fud will be over soon enough. There are two bullish news lined up for bitcoin. Adoptions in Russia will cause the price to rise again. And only 4.2 million are left to be mined which shows bullish trend. So maybe it’d the bitcoin whales manipulating the price for now. So, best enter now at the slump.
1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:01:05 AM

Effect of South Korea fud will be over soon enough. There are two bullish news lined up for bitcoin. Adoptions in Russia will cause the price to rise again. And only 4.2 million are left to be mined which shows bullish trend. So maybe it’d the bitcoin whales manipulating the price for now. So, best enter now at the slump.

FUD and then another ingredient of manipulation of whales. These whales wanted to do what they did in the China ban. Letting it dip and making the marketcap losing too much and crazy rich people will win again in the end. I feel sorry for those small time investors.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: