Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:48:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which exchange for Bitcoin Gold & Bitcoin Diamond?  (Read 119 times)
Leahhhh (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:51:27 PM

I am considering selling a small percentage of the bitcoin which I currently have in a paper wallet. Can anyone advise me which exchange I should import them to if I want to be able to sell my BTG & BCD as well (assuming I can sell them now?). Thanks.
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:05:07 AM

check https://coinmarketcap.com (markets tab) to see the supported exchanges for each coin

Leahhhh (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:08:41 AM

check https://coinmarketcap.com (markets tab) to see the supported exchanges for each coin

Thanks Wusolini Smiley
chaitanya31

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:41:06 AM

your best place to purchase Bitcoin Gold & Bitcoin Diamond is probably Binance. I was unaware they were supporting the Bitcoin Diamond
cry4crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:52:32 AM

Mind that some exchanges that have Bitcoin Diamond listed don't offer the possibility to deposit it yet. One that comes to mind that accepts deposits in BCD is gate.io.
Leahhhh (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:50:35 AM

If I transfer my BTC to an exchange that doesn't currently support BTG or BCD, is there any possibility of accessing them on a different exchange? Or if I move my BTC to an exchange that doesn't support them, is that my free coins gone forever?
Wusolini
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:11:02 PM

If I transfer my BTC to an exchange that doesn't currently support BTG or BCD, is there any possibility of accessing them on a different exchange?
Of courśe not. You would have to move those BTC to another exchange.

Or if I move my BTC to an exchange that doesn't support them, is that my free coins gone forever?
Most probably yes.
If exchange does not support BTC the there is no BTC address to make deposit. You would probably be depositing to different coin address and lose them (but good wallet should warn you that you are trying to send BTC to invalid/wrong address).

Leahhhh (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:47:30 PM

I really am a NEWBIE in regards to all this & terribly afraid of losing my coins of all sorts! Seems what I really wanted to know is which WALLET (not exchange) supports BCH, as well as BTG & BCD. I have been told I can transfer my BTC to a Blockchain wallet, my BCH to Electroncash & my BTG to Coinomi & that they all have the same private key. Does this sound right?
Wusolini
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:51:54 PM

I really am a NEWBIE in regards to all this & terribly afraid of losing my coins of all sorts! Seems what I really wanted to know is which WALLET (not exchange) supports BCH, as well as BTG & BCD. I have been told I can transfer my BTC to a Blockchain wallet, my BCH to Electroncash & my BTG to Coinomi & that they all have the same private key. Does this sound right?

Definitely should not store various coins under same private key. Learn about replay (replay protection) if you are interested in details why.
Use coinomi. It's pretty versatile and supports both BTC, BCH and BTG .... I don't know which wallet for BCD

Leahhhh (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:29:19 PM

Thanks for your reply. My BTC have been in a paper wallet since 2014 & presumably I have been given BCH, BTG, BCD since then. I will only be bringing them online to sell them, so though they all have the same private key, it'll only be used to instantly sell them. Does that sound OK? Alternately, I may only sell the BTC & send the other coins back to new paper wallets....if you can do that? Can you keep Bitcoin Cash in a paper wallet?
Wusolini
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:40:39 PM

Thanks for your reply. My BTC have been in a paper wallet since 2014 & presumably I have been given BCH, BTG, BCD since then. I will only be bringing them online to sell them, so though they all have the same private key, it'll only be used to instantly sell them. Does that sound OK? Alternately, I may only sell the BTC & send the other coins back to new paper wallets....if you can do that? Can you keep Bitcoin Cash in a paper wallet?

You should split the coins. My knowledge in this are is limited but I'm certain you should start moving the BTC first (send them either to new wallet or exchange).
Reason for that is because you are going to import or sweep the private key into another wallets so it's better to secure the most valuable coin.

Think you should search in technical section of this forum (or open topic there) to get better support and be absolutely safe.

Leahhhh (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:50:44 PM

Thanks again. Yes...I was told to import the BTC first, then the others in order of value.
Wusolini
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:10:13 PM

Thanks again. Yes...I was told to import the BTC first, then the others in order of value.

I would do that in order as they have been forked.

Import to BTC wallet. Send out to new wallet/exchange. Then sweep/import to BCH wallet (if imported send out, if swept then you can leave them) ... and so on.  BTG ... BCD.

I think there are some tools which could help you with claiming all coins. Just be careful and check other users feedback before using it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: