Bitcoin Forum
January 23, 2018, 02:38:01 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who supports a ban on orderbook flooding ???? I know I do, so lets vote it in  (Read 457 times)
jestronix

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:13:56 AM

Guys whos with me on this one, lets end orderbook flooding on our exchanges, lets pressure the owners to bring in a limit per coin per account to say something reasonable say 3 per sell and buy. Im well over orderbook flooding, like mozzies at a BBQ F(*&king useless and annoying, I know people see through the crap, but why not vote it out. Exchanges need to jump on this one.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
lonesoul

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:01:11 AM

This would be detrimental to the exchanges that do this in my opinion.)

the reason being is that if people like me end up getting caught buying at a spike, then i tend to leave sell orders and then buy more to average down, inserting a new sell order each time so i know that i make profit from each lower buy - i then leave them in place to get filled over time.

if i was limited to the amount of buys/sells i could have then i would end up finding it harder to average down and would then find another exchange which would allow me to trade more freely.

Dont get me wrong I get frustrated at an artificial market which suddenly vanishes but thats just one of the risks ;-)

So I'm  sorry but I would have to vote against a cap on buy/sell limits

All the best

Stuart

Please click this link-> https://mcxnow.com/?r=Stuartnorth       (The link is a referral link, it costs you nothing, but provides a little bonus for me if you click through to the site. Please help feed my baby. Thanks :-) )
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2086

LEALANA Monero Physical Silver Coins

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:07:55 AM

This gives exchanges liquidity. Limiting it is like trying to control free-market forces.

Pointless in my view.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.        SMOOTHIE'S HEALTH AND FITNESS JOURNAL          History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA  PHYSICAL MONERO COINS 999 FINE SILVER.

Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:57:48 AM

jestronix

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:22:14 AM

This would be detrimental to the exchanges that do this in my opinion.)

the reason being is that if people like me end up getting caught buying at a spike, then i tend to leave sell orders and then buy more to average down, inserting a new sell order each time so i know that i make profit from each lower buy - i then leave them in place to get filled over time.

if i was limited to the amount of buys/sells i could have then i would end up finding it harder to average down and would then find another exchange which would allow me to trade more freely.

Dont get me wrong I get frustrated at an artificial market which suddenly vanishes but thats just one of the risks ;-)

So I'm  sorry but I would have to vote against a cap on buy/sell limits

All the best

Stuart

I see your points, and agree to a degree, on averaging down you need 15 sell orders and 15 buy orders ? could you not operate with 4 buy , 4 sell ? atleast your busy day aint in my face that way Smiley. I think there comes a balance of trading in blocks and then just outright spamming.  Or the exchanges should at-least make their order-books detachable so I can then see past your 15 trades on a second monitor.

its a bit like rocking up at the markets and instead of having a little stall, you roll your tables out across an entire street and say its detrimental to trade and i need to show all my items at once, this is a free country, these markets will suffer,  digital space on an orderbook is no different.

Why not carry a few manikins to the supermarket, just incase theres a faster lane ? Well cause its kinda rude ? Same deal, but hey just my opinion,

I just think we need some kinda limit, not a complete iron fist ban.  Maybe I should change my title " Who wants to be kind to others and limit their orders for all"
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:01:07 AM

Hear that? That is the sound of no one agreeing with you. Fuck off Roll Eyes

jestronix

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:17:41 AM

bbbbaaaaaaahhahaahaahah  , did someone say something ? oh wait ...... just another sheep.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

wubba lubba dub dub

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 12:34:05 PM

That's nothing ...

lets make it so you can only buy some types of currencies .

and what we will do is, ok , is,  all vote on which ones , then its all democratic and shit,  right ?

wait wait...

better idea .

scratch Crypto ,....hmmm need to think....

wait !

lets make it so you can only buy the USD, ok, stay with me here !, what we have to do is get a case of whiskey, and i know these guys in Saudi Arabia right.....

tiny rick !
- https://voat.co/v/Contact/
- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
jestronix

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:49:15 PM

um yeh .......
Pmalek

Activity: 611

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:58:54 PM

I need over 10 open buy/sell positions to work sometimes, that kind of limitation would take me off the exchange forever!

SYSCOIN - DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE , BLOCKCHAIN FOUNDRY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.