Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:11:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why all this hype arround ripple ?  (Read 193 times)
macdack (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 01:53:52 AM

Hello guys , why there is this big hype arround ripple (xrp) .. after reading all arround i might be wrong but im sure of certain things :

*When you read that over 100 billion XRPs the creators are holding 61% .. where is the spirit of the decentralised coins ?

*With this big number in supply .. its impossible to see Xrp crossing the bar of the 5$ - 6$ at least this year ..

But whats crazy to me , how people are denfending the coins they invested in ( their right .. ) but they really dont care about whats really matters behind all this crypto era .. if anyone had any idea to help me understand it more i will be thankful .

Regards
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:01:18 AM

People just care about what is hyped at the moment they don't care about the price apparently.
Look at tron for example it went up 150x in a month and same for raiblocks, these pump and dumps don't live long.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
macdack (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 02:04:20 AM

People just care about what is hyped at the moment they don't care about the price apparently.
Look at tron for example it went up 150x in a month and same for raiblocks, these pump and dumps don't live long.

You are right , ive seen it al ovver the market at least for the last 6 months , and it will happens more and more .. but the problem is where are the real crypto enthousiats ? suddenly everyone is talking about crypto .. everyone is into it .

Yukteswar

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:07:57 AM

XRP has a Real company behind it, Ripple Inc.

Ripple has real products that are in demand by many companies around the world.

As well as a store of wealth, XRP will be needed to accomplish many of the tasks that Ripple has developed.

XRP is thousand of times faster than BTC and hundreds of times faster than ETH. Way cheaper than both.

BTC is a Model T and XRP is a Tesla!

27 trillion dollars are "tied up" by banks around the world to perform cross border transfers. XRP will free up that cash.

XRP is one of the few alt coins that actually has a use, customers and demand.

XRP - $50 by July and $100 by 2019 ! G U A R A N T E E D !
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:08:35 AM

What? Tron and RaiBlocks are solid projects, just because they pumped hard, doesn't mean they'll die.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
lakimens

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:10:01 AM

XRP has a Real company behind it, Ripple Inc.

Ripple has real products that are in demand by many companies around the world.

As well as a store of wealth, XRP will be needed to accomplish many of the tasks that Ripple has developed.

XRP is thousand of times faster than BTC and hundreds of times faster than ETH. Way cheaper than both.

BTC is a Model T and XRP is a Tesla!

27 trillion dollars are "tied up" by banks around the world to perform cross border transfers. XRP will free up that cash.

XRP is one of the few alt coins that actually has a use, customers and demand.

One problem with that, it will never reach $50, nor $100. It's a centralized shit, that only bankers buy, if people cared about decentralization a bit more, they wouldn't buy it.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
ericunc95

Activity: 98
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:10:54 AM

Yukteswar brings up all of the good points concerning Ripple.  One of the things I have heard from some crypto folks that could be negative is that it is centralized but this might also be positive for the banking industry that would like the control.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:11:28 AM

This is the best example of delusions of grandeur.

If XRP ever touches $50 in the next 5 years, i'll giveaway 1 bitcoin to everyone in this thread
macdack (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 02:15:06 AM

This is the best example of delusions of grandeur.

If XRP ever touches $50 in the next 5 years, i'll giveaway 1 bitcoin to everyone in this thread

This is what i'm talking about Wink .. this kind of ideas eating people brains .

I'M NOT AGAINST RIPPLE BY ANY MEANS .. im just discussing te idea behind it .
pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:44:43 AM

Hello guys , why there is this big hype arround ripple (xrp) .. after reading all arround i might be wrong but im sure of certain things :

*When you read that over 100 billion XRPs the creators are holding 61% .. where is the spirit of the decentralised coins ?

*With this big number in supply .. its impossible to see Xrp crossing the bar of the 5$ - 6$ at least this year ..

But whats crazy to me , how people are denfending the coins they invested in ( their right .. ) but they really dont care about whats really matters behind all this crypto era .. if anyone had any idea to help me understand it more i will be thankful .

Regards
Always remember that XRP is a centralized coin by these bankers,do not be fooled by this pumps,surely they will dump this after some time,ride with caution my friends.

Ch1bi

Activity: 289
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:29:58 AM

I would say it's because of all the hype around the price. I have friends who told me they have heard of XRP and wanted to get some because of how much it's grew and it might become the next "Bitcoin".

I also notice that our everyday people don't really care about how centralized / decentralized XRP or any coin is, just how much they can make off of it. Where people see opportunity to make profit, they will flock to it.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:39:44 AM

Yukteswar brings up all of the good points concerning Ripple.  One of the things I have heard from some crypto folks that could be negative is that it is centralized but this might also be positive for the banking industry that would like the control.
Using XRP would not constitute control. Control would be a cryptocurrency that only banks can trade, that way if the system was ever hacked the hacker would be unable to use it since they are not a bank. SWIFT is working on a closed blockchain solution for their 11,000 member banks.

A Feeder

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:46:34 AM

Regards
It seems that they know that it will have a potential of 3 dollars. I have heard that its price suddenly dropped to 0.9 and people suddenly rush to buy it. Maybe it is also because of the different structure of ripple.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:56:30 AM

A lot of the hype about XRP is around the alleged "27 Trillion Dollars tied up" in Nostro Vostro accounts. If I am a bank that has $1 Billion deposited in Nostro accounts with other banks and I also hold $1 Billion on deposit with me in Vostro accounts for other banks then its affect on my ability to make money is zero. The debit and credits cancel each other out. When you deposit money in a bank they don't put it in an envelope with your name on it and put it in the vault. The bank puts it with everyone else's deposits and lends it out to qualified borrowers. Nostro Vostro accounts are treated no differently.  

GeoDudeScho

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:09:55 AM

If you base it off of the companies current assets, profits, sales, etc then their valuation is crazy.

But if you base it off of their potential, current partnerships and future implementation it is somewhat less crazy.
Fu.Sin

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:36:31 AM

Ripple was never a decentralized currency. If it is profitable for her to trade, then at this moment this circumstance absolutely does not excite me.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
deniskiely

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:37:55 AM

There are lot of arguments about XRP recently , so you know how hot of a coin, right ?
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:35:02 AM

Regards

Ripple is going down as most of the cryptocurrencies. Of course this currency has great potential but its realizationis in a future. Be patient and wait this is our strategy for now. I’d like to buy some Ripple coins because they are cheap.
VenturaBro

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:37:26 AM

Regards

Ripple is going down as most of the cryptocurrencies. Of course this currency has great potential but its realizationis in a future. Be patient and wait this is our strategy for now. I’d like to buy some Ripple coins because they are cheap.

I think Ripple will be a little different from most cryptos, mainly because of the banks. But I don't think it will have a long future outside China.
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:37:47 AM

All rely on the cunning of bankers and further growth forgetting about the fact that it is not crypto currency at all.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: