Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:38:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum "stuck" - showing unverified transactions  (Read 5566 times)
DavidCWG (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:06:12 AM

The last three transactions I made with Electrum are still showing "Unverified" after several days.

The transactions themselves have received many confirmations on the blockchain, such as this one:
https://blockchain.info/tx/1eed09277aa0d036791e5bbdb1dea5f9aad4376b63e1eba565a50b677e8d8cad

Is there anything I can do to get Electrum to "update"? I know there was that bug recently, but I'm connected to electrum.be which I thought was patched. I tried electrum.no-ip.org but got the same problem.

I'm running Electrum 1.8.1 on OS X 10.8.4. Any advice?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:14:07 AM

I'm using electrum.be without issue. Maybe try this server.
DavidCWG (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:20:10 AM

I'm using electrum.be without issue. Maybe try this server.

That is the server I'm using - please read my original post!
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:23:04 AM

Read it all but somehow only seen electrum.no-ip.org

Lips sealed
DavidCWG (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:49:19 PM

These transactions now show as confirmed. Still, the delays are concerning. I've moved my remaining coins to MultiBit until I can be sure the problem is fixed.
EagleTM

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:43:05 PM

Did you restart Electrum during these days or did you leave it running and set your PC / laptop to hibernate?

There are instances where a restart of the client ist needed to show transactions as verified...
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:47:30 PM

^^ close it and open it again.
DavidCWG (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:25:33 PM

I restarted repeatedly, it did not help.
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 07:53:32 AM

I have this happen every now and again and the fix I've found is to click the green network button and select a new server, which forces a sync. I've yet to have this method fail to completely update everything.

EagleTM

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 09:13:11 AM

If it persists over restarts - it's rare but possible that the blockchain_headers file got corrupted or it downloaded corrupted chunks. Please close electrum, find the blockchain_headers file, delete it and restart. It'll re-download it which will take a moment (20 MB) and then ideally it should fix your problem.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 09:14:17 AM

Switch to different servers a few times. That always works for me.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:57:46 AM

If it persists over restarts - it's rare but possible that the blockchain_headers file got corrupted or it downloaded corrupted chunks. Please close electrum, find the blockchain_headers file, delete it and restart. It'll re-download it which will take a moment (20 MB) and then ideally it should fix your problem.

Oh this may be dangerous. I once tried to restore an electrum.dat file without the blockchain header files and it didn't work. Note this was not a backup made using the UI but a straight copy of the file from the .electrum folder. So before you go deleting the header files do a proper backup of your wallet using the menu options in the UI.
fimp

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 03:12:06 PM

This happens to me all the time. Maybe it's because I regularly put my Mac in standby. Restarting or selecting a new server works, but perhaps Electrum could do a forced reset this way every 10 minutes or so? This issue is currently stopping me from recommending Electrum to newbies.

Nancarrow

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:28:14 AM

This happens to me too. Really something the developers should check out if we're all seeing it. Sure, workarounds are nice, but fixing the problematic behaviour is better.

If I've said anything amusing and/or informative and you're feeling generous:
1GNJq39NYtf7cn2QFZZuP5vmC1mTs63rEW
bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:06:28 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2013, 06:21:21 PM by bitcoindaddy

I'm having the same problem. Steps I've taken (unsuccessfully):

1. Choose a new server.
2. Stop the client and restart.
3. Stop the client, delete the .electrum directory, restart and restore from seed.
4. Upgrade to 1.9 git, delete local wallet directory, restart, restore.

None of these steps help.  Multibit shows verified. Blockchain.info shows 27 confirmations.

Maybe all of the servers are being DDOS'ed?

"Status: -1 confirmations"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

Got an exception while quitting the 1.9 client... maybe this will help narrow down the problem:

./electrum
Exception in thread Thread-13 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "/home/user/Downloads/electrum/lib/wallet.py", line 1540, in run
  File "/home/user/Downloads/electrum/lib/wallet.py", line 1596, in run_interface
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Empty'

And now out of the blue, it is verified and jumped from -1 to 31 confirmations after the crash.
btcven

Activity: 715

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 12:18:07 AM

1. Choose a new server.
3. Stop the client, delete the .electrum directory, restart and restore from seed.

And now out of the blue, it is verified and jumped from -1 to 31 confirmations after the crash.

If you deleted the Electrum directory you'd need to wait for the headers to be downloaded from the servers for SPV before seeing your confirmations as confirmed

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 01:33:37 PM

1. Choose a new server.

If you deleted the Electrum directory you'd need to wait for the headers to be downloaded from the servers for SPV before seeing your confirmations as confirmed

Well, deleting the directory wasn't the first thing I tried.  Assuming you are correct, if Electrum isn't ready for service, some indication of that should be given through the user interface. Downloading a 20 MB file should be almost instantaneous on my connection.
fash

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:00:02 PM

I've just switched from Bitcoin QT to Electrum today and transferred some bitcoin to my Electrum wallet and I'm getting the exact same issue. I've tried all the suggestions in this thread and nothing has fixed it. Is there anything else I should try or is it just a waiting game?
btcven

Activity: 715

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 12:25:39 AM

I've just switched from Bitcoin QT to Electrum today and transferred some bitcoin to my Electrum wallet and I'm getting the exact same issue. I've tried all the suggestions in this thread and nothing has fixed it. Is there anything else I should try or is it just a waiting game?

Currently web download of the headers will only fetch 17 MB. It needs over 20 MB that are downloaded in chunks directly from the electrum servers, it takes quite a lot of time.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
fash

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:49:57 AM

Well my first test transfer  completed and verified with no problems within 30 mins. Its only when I transferred the rest of my btc that it wont verify. The transaction is currently sitting at 146 confirmations when I look on blockchain.info. Also now the program wont connect at all it either says not connected or just sits at synchronizing forever...some real help would be greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: