Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:13:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum "stuck" - showing unverified transactions  (Read 5573 times)
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 10:30:28 AM

Well my first test transfer  completed and verified with no problems within 30 mins. Its only when I transferred the rest of my btc that it wont verify. The transaction is currently sitting at 146 confirmations when I look on blockchain.info. Also now the program wont connect at all it either says not connected or just sits at synchronizing forever...some real help would be greatly appreciated.
please report if you were using the windows portable version of 1.9
it is broken and I removed it from the website

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fash

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:05:55 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 11:26:00 AM by fash

I'm using the Windows installer version. I did originally use the the standalone exe but switched to the installed version. I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.

edit: It has now connected but the transaction is still showing as "unverified" with -1 confirmations.
fash

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:58:35 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 07:12:23 PM by fash

Its over 24 hours and the transaction is still not verified whats going on?

Edit: Deleted everything to do with Electrum and reinstalled using my seed and now its verified, quite a serious bug.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 08:11:26 PM

Its over 24 hours and the transaction is still not verified whats going on?

Edit: Deleted everything to do with Electrum and reinstalled using my seed and now its verified, quite a serious bug.

indeed, you are the second user to report that i gets fixed by restoring from seed.
apparently something was corrupted in the wallet file

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 06:03:44 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2013, 06:19:43 PM by prof7bit

same problem here (electrum 1.9.2 linux)

outgoing transaction had 3 confimations on blockchain already but still showed unverified, -1 transactions in electrum. Network dialog showed Server having latest block, switching servers multiple time (and also trying https instead of ssl) did not help, restarting electrum finally solved it.

This bug should have a high priority, this is one of the most central features of a wallet app and people are expecting it to work: permanently being updated about latest status of payments! If even such basic core functionality is buggy and unreliable it does not inspire trust in the software, especialy for newcomers who are not yet very familiar with how it all works and alternatives of tracking their transactions.

How is this implemented? Does the server push or does the client poll? what happens on reconnect or connect to a different server, what is different from reconnect after program restart? What does it need the blockchain headers for, isn't this what the servers are supposed to handle?

JackDinn

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 04:18:13 PM

Yea , i'v got it too Sad, i did post in another thread but then spotted this one so excuse the double post on same subject.

2 transactions have been stuck for days now , tried all servers most connect fine but nothing changes , both transactions have cleared through the chain fine and have 100's of conformations.

I have not closed , hibernated or sent to sleep at all wile wallet was open.

EDIT:- ok after reading some more threads on same subject i found that a simple file/open/default_wallet sorted it. Might go back to multibit until this has been looked at.
EagleTM

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 07:33:30 PM

This issue should be fixed in 1.9.3 - Win/Mac builds will be available some time this week.
salviel

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:25:47 AM

This issue should be fixed in 1.9.3 - Win/Mac builds will be available some time this week.

Had this problem, upgraded client, problem solved!

Thanks DEV team.
pengoau

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:07:23 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 02:40:51 AM by pengoau

This problem has been evident for me for the past 24hrs.

Also moving my coins from the change wallet to the main wallet, its been sitting on unverified for the last hour.

I've tried everything in this thread as well as trying flatfly's latest portable build (1.9.Cool and problem persists.

Renaming the blockchain headers files results in losing my history, but my balance stays and the problem persists.

Any suggestions?

Update: Using flatfly's 1.7.4 build fixed my issue after a few minutes. I'm going to guess the newer builds aren't downloading the headers properly. The newer builds should have a "reset/redownload headers" option in the menu. Since there is no file menu and way to save the wallet.dat, do I just backup electrum.dat to backup my wallet? Hmm there is no option to capture the seed pass phrase in 1.7.4 either.. Hmm

Tried the latest (1.9.Cool of flatfly and all transactions cept one i stuck on unverified. The headers file is over 20mb. Seems 1.9.x isn't updating the transactions properly?

Ok fixed it. Unchecked auto connect, closed client, selected a different server and selected autoconnect. It synched successfully with all transactions bar one (not enuf confirms; at least its not -1) confirmed.

Problem with this version is that it opens hidden and I don't get it to show itself unless I click on "hide" in the system tray.

btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 04:44:20 PM

This problem has been evident for me for the past 24hrs.

Also moving my coins from the change wallet to the main wallet, its been sitting on unverified for the last hour.

I've tried everything in this thread as well as trying flatfly's latest portable build (1.9.Cool and problem persists.

Renaming the blockchain headers files results in losing my history, but my balance stays and the problem persists.

Any suggestions?

Update: Using flatfly's 1.7.4 build fixed my issue after a few minutes. I'm going to guess the newer builds aren't downloading the headers properly. The newer builds should have a "reset/redownload headers" option in the menu. Since there is no file menu and way to save the wallet.dat, do I just backup electrum.dat to backup my wallet? Hmm there is no option to capture the seed pass phrase in 1.7.4 either.. Hmm

Tried the latest (1.9.Cool of flatfly and all transactions cept one i stuck on unverified. The headers file is over 20mb. Seems 1.9.x isn't updating the transactions properly?

Ok fixed it. Unchecked auto connect, closed client, selected a different server and selected autoconnect. It synched successfully with all transactions bar one (not enuf confirms; at least its not -1) confirmed.

Problem with this version is that it opens hidden and I don't get it to show itself unless I click on "hide" in the system tray.

Change the title for your message, I had to read it entirely to end up with "fixed"

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: