Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:55:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on my portfolio for 2018, too many coins!  (Read 274 times)
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:16:45 PM

Yes, you should narrow your portfolio a little. Go for at max 10 coins and research them well. My advice would be remove any of your holding from Ripple. Have a look into Stellar because of its 1% positive inflation, look into DASH because of its decentralized autonomous organization (DAO). All of these if you're looking to hold for a good 6 months. And as great as cryptos are do not invest most of your savings into it. I firmly believe it is not a bubble but you never know Smiley
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:34:22 PM

I think having too many coins in your wallet cannot maximize your earnings why not try picking only 5 coins so you can monitor their market very well besides not all the coins you pick are performing well at this moment and some of them does not give profit to holders for a long period now. Earning properly in crypto currency market are not by means of holding a lot of coins but instead choosing the best coins to hold
mmm01
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1053

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:53:14 PM

I think you need to take risks to make money.  You do not risk dividing the money into many coins. You can invest in a coin that you think promises the future.
richshopgh

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:03:49 PM

Getting advice on famous coins like bitcoins and Ether will be easy since most of us here have one of these to make a good judgement. But for most of other coins you need time to research on the coins behavior for the past two years history and make your own decision.
cryptofirm

Activity: 1039
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:06:14 PM

Bitcoin, ethereum, waves and IOTA,,
just collect more that coins, i believe in this year all of that coins will be growing hard

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
AndriyPilipyak

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:06:48 PM

I would rececomend add eos also

webminati

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:08:14 PM

You will have to find posts for each coin and see if people have reviewed the coin before, o read the announcements here.

Most of the coins you proposed are great. So you can keep this for next 6 months if you want to
coinlawyer

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:49:36 PM

exept adding EOS and cardano (ADA) I`ll reccomend You to look at some really cheap because of its young age projects like LEND, PRL, WISH etc, They have plenty place to the growth in 4-6 monthes

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 08:53:32 PM

I just invested most of my savings in crypto, and I was very unlucky with timing as the market crashed/corrected the day after. But there is nothing I can do now but wait and hope. I am trying to plan my portfolio...

I have been gathering info and researching for weeks, but the more I research the more I find new coins, and it gets a bit overwhelming and confusing. I have quite a few coins I am interested in but probably too many. I just can't decide!

I am looking to hold things long term for the most part, and only leave 10% for speculative trades. I don't want to watch charts all day like Ive been doing and lose my life to crypto!

So below is my proposed portfolio, but very open to change. Any suggestions welcome, especially if you think I have one coin that is almost certainly better than another and in direct competition.

BTC – 4000
ETH – 4000
LTC – 2000
XMR – 800
NEO – 800
OMG – 1000
ICX – 1000
STRAT – 700

XRB – 600
VEN – 300
WTC – 150
WAVES – 200
REP – 200
XLM – 250
REQ – 150
IOTA – 200
XZC – 150
ZEC -100
GNT – 230
ETHOS – 200

Any help very much appreciated.

i wonder how you folks are going to work/evaluate your "coins" when the US dollar is not an accepted evaluation method anymore....

di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:23:56 AM

I  think holding too many coins is quite challenging in my case. Especially,  if you have a limited time in maintaining these coins,it would be hard for us to have a close monitoring of it. So, it is very advisable to have coins which we can accommodate efficiently and of course those that are performing well in the market.​

vk279

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:44:58 AM

I just invested most of my savings in crypto, and I was very unlucky with timing as the market crashed/corrected the day after. But there is nothing I can do now but wait and hope. I am trying to plan my portfolio...

I have been gathering info and researching for weeks, but the more I research the more I find new coins, and it gets a bit overwhelming and confusing. I have quite a few coins I am interested in but probably too many. I just can't decide!

I am looking to hold things long term for the most part, and only leave 10% for speculative trades. I don't want to watch charts all day like Ive been doing and lose my life to crypto!

So below is my proposed portfolio, but very open to change. Any suggestions welcome, especially if you think I have one coin that is almost certainly better than another and in direct competition.

BTC – 4000
ETH – 4000
LTC – 2000
XMR – 800
NEO – 800
OMG – 1000
ICX – 1000
STRAT – 700

XRB – 600
VEN – 300
WTC – 150
WAVES – 200
REP – 200
XLM – 250
REQ – 150
IOTA – 200
XZC – 150
ZEC -100
GNT – 230
ETHOS – 200

Any help very much appreciated.
Your proposed portfolio looks well diversified.  For biggest gains you have to look for coins with good projects, low price and low market cap. In that perspective VEN XRB REQ ETHOS WTC look good.
But take a look at which I would say are extraordinary opportunities like ACHAIN, Rchain, Aelf, Quantstamp, Chainlink which have very low price as well as low market cap and all of them have nice potential.  Also check out ICOs such as Arcblock.io and Pundix.
Don't worry about overall crypto market going down as its part of market movement and its very difficult to time your entry.  Invest in good coins and check them every few weeks.

MonkeyBrain

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:57:00 AM

I have a similar strategy investing in a diverse number of coins.  Though I'm trying to keep it under 15.  Many of my coins are similar to yours but with less of BTC, LTC and more of XLM, IOTA, ARK and EOS.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: