Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:31:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is accelerating/confirming transaction? And how do I do those?  (Read 124 times)
makoitus (OP)

Activity: 211
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:36:40 PM

Hi guys! a Newbie here. So, I am wondering what accelerating/confirming transaction is? I have been going through the forum and have seen a lot of posts saying those things or asking if who can do this and that.
Can you guys enlighten me please  Grin and I was wondering, can you do those things if you have btc/altcoins with you on a wallet or something? Or anyone can just do it for others for free or with a certain kind of
fee?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:23:17 PM

Essesntially Bitcoin transactions are grouped together and put into a block, this block then will be processed by the miners, hence the term mining. Every transactions in that block will receive confirmation from the network and then the process repeats.

What transaction accelerators do is basically asking for the miners to put that particular transcation to be prioritized and be put in the next block.
For example, you can ask viabtc to put your transaction into their priority list, although it's only limited to 100tx/hour
https://viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/

Never fall for paid accelerators on this forum as most of them are a blatant scam by using free accelerator to push your TX
Heck, some of them didn't even do anything on your transaction and just hoping for a luck that your transaction will be put in the next block Roll Eyes

fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 04:31:25 PM

Hi guys! a Newbie here. So, I am wondering what accelerating/confirming transaction is? I have been going through the forum and have seen a lot of posts saying those things or asking if who can do this and that.
Can you guys enlighten me please  Grin and I was wondering, can you do those things if you have btc/altcoins with you on a wallet or something? Or anyone can just do it for others for free or with a certain kind of
fee?

also, keep in mind that if you use a good fee when spending your BTC you will not need any accelerator at all. Prevention is always better than a cure!

This might help you to determine the best fee to use to have your transaction processed fast: https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/
makoitus (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:38:21 PM

Essesntially Bitcoin transactions are grouped together and put into a block, this block then will be processed by the miners, hence the term mining. Every transactions in that block will receive confirmation from the network and then the process repeats.

What transaction accelerators do is basically asking for the miners to put that particular transcation to be prioritized and be put in the next block.
For example, you can ask viabtc to put your transaction into their priority list, although it's only limited to 100tx/hour
https://viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/

Never fall for paid accelerators on this forum as most of them are a blatant scam by using free accelerator to push your TX
Heck, some of them didn't even do anything on your transaction and just hoping for a luck that your transaction will be put in the next block Roll Eyes

Oohh I get it now. Thanks you so much for your response, for the heads up about the said "acceleration fees" and for providing a link. It's much appreciated. I'm excited to use the acceleration service one day just for experience haha
makoitus (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:49:08 PM

Oh and I forgot to ask. I'm really sorry. But just in case I want to let's say accelerate someone's transaction, what do I need to do? Do I need a certain application or site for that? Can anybody tell me how to accelerate a transaction for someone else?  Grin
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 04:50:43 PM

I am assuming that you know how different transaction works, and we have to put some miner fees in order to get our transaction confirmed. Sometimes it takes much time to confirm pending Bitcoin transactions. Accelerating means pushing your transaction in the list of pending transactions so it will get confirmed on a priority basis. Some sites do it for free whereas, on other sites, you have to pay some amount to do the same on your behalf.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:26:28 PM

Oh and I forgot to ask. I'm really sorry. But just in case I want to let's say accelerate someone's transaction, what do I need to do? Do I need a certain application or site for that? Can anybody tell me how to accelerate a transaction for someone else?  Grin
You can use the link I gave you and put that someone's TX ID to be put into priority by Viabtc
If you want to accelerate with your own hand, you will need to be a miner as the one who confirms bitcoin transactions are the miners, or if you happen to have friends who is a miner you can ask his favor to accelerate a transaction Roll Eyes
makoitus (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:51:52 PM

You can use the link I gave you and put that someone's TX ID to be put into priority by Viabtc
If you want to accelerate with your own hand, you will need to be a miner as the one who confirms bitcoin transactions are the miners, or if you happen to have friends who is a miner you can ask his favor to accelerate a transaction Roll Eyes

Ok, gotcha. And yes, I am actually trying out mining as well, but I'm not sure if I'm using the correct mining tool? Is there like a certain kind of mining tool I can use, wherein I can input the transaction ID to try and accelerate it? I'm really sorry if I'm asking you a lot of questions  Shocked
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: