Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:11:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing BTC withdrawal from MT GOX  (Read 2391 times)
yz (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:05:39 PM

Missing BTC withdrawal. On August 11th I attempted a simple BTC transfer from my Gox account to another BTC address. A simple bitcoin transaction that should have hit the blockchain immediately. A week and a half later nothing on blockchain for the transaction hash and the money is gone from my account. First thing support told me was to wait 24-72hrs but now they're telling me it might take up to 2 weeks to show up on the blockchain because it's a big withdrawal. All I get from support is the same 'we are looking into it' response' with no actual action. My money no longer exists anywhere tangible and there has been progress on recovering any of my funds. Now I feel like i'm in a dire situation and dunno what to do because this is a considerable sum. I'm so desperate I signed up for a facebook account to try to get some help. Is anyone from Gox listening?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 07:06:26 PM

Yes they are listening but since nothing than can say will put us at ease they choose to say nothing at all.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:08:28 PM

Missing BTC withdrawal. On August 11th I attempted a simple BTC transfer from my Gox account to another BTC address. A simple bitcoin transaction that should have hit the blockchain immediately. A week and a half later nothing on blockchain for the transaction hash and the money is gone from my account. First thing support told me was to wait 24-72hrs but now they're telling me it might take up to 2 weeks to show up on the blockchain because it's a big withdrawal. All I get from support is the same 'we are looking into it' response' with no actual action. My money no longer exists anywhere tangible and there has been progress on recovering any of my funds. Now I feel like i'm in a dire situation and dunno what to do because this is a considerable sum. I'm so desperate I signed up for a facebook account to try to get some help. Is anyone from Gox listening?

Please post actual evidence of the chat you had or email with their support to prove the bolded claim.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

yz (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:17:24 PM

Please post actual evidence of the chat you had or email with their support to prove the bolded claim.

Gene, Aug 19 12:23 (JST):
Hello,

We have merged all your tickets and we request you to please not open many tickets as we are doing a follow up via this ticket.If you open many tickets it spams our mail box so please reply back via this ticket for your query.Normally BTC transactions may occasionally be a delay (1~24 hours) depending on network congestion, your internet connection speed and the time required to get 6 confirmations on the network. However as its xxxBTC it takes time as we will not be able to provide an exact ETA however it will take 1 to 2 weeks depending on the the network congestion.Your BTC is not stolen,its an automatic process so we will not be able to manually process the transaction.We request you to wait and we will continue to check this as well.We did check with our Developer as well and there is no problem with the transaction so it should go through however we will not be able to give an exact date or time.We will continue to check and will keep you posted ,you can also have this checked from your end.Thank you for your understanding and again we request not to open so many tickets as it will be hard to do a follow up so any query regarding this please reply back via this ticket.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
https://www.mtgox.com
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:19:21 PM

Hello,

We have merged all your tickets and we request you to please not open many tickets as we are doing a follow up via this ticket.If you open many tickets it spams our mail box so please reply back via this ticket for your query.Normally BTC transactions may occasionally be a delay (1~24 hours) depending on network congestion, your internet connection speed and the time required to get 6 confirmations on the network. However as its xxxBTC it takes time as we will not be able to provide an exact ETA however it will take 1 to 2 weeks depending on the the network congestion.Your BTC is not stolen,its an automatic process so we will not be able to manually process the transaction.We request you to wait and we will continue to check this as well.We did check with our Developer as well and there is no problem with the transaction so it should go through however we will not be able to give an exact date or time.We will continue to check and will keep you posted ,you can also have this checked from your end.Thank you for your understanding and again we request not to open so many tickets as it will be hard to do a follow up so any query regarding this please reply back via this ticket.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

Not a good sign in my view as I have been able (in the past) to move 3 and 4 digit amounts of BTC out of GOX within the hour with no hiccups.

Something is brewing.

"Network Congestion" is a sorry excuse as even if there were that it would take 2 hours, not 2 weeks.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 07:22:04 PM

Hello,

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

What? Now its takein a week plus to withdraw BTC because you have XXX BTC?

That's nothing...i've withdrawn XXX BTC in the past week from gox and it took a couple of hours.

I don't think I believe you.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
yz (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:34:56 PM

Hello,

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

That's nothing...i've withdrawn XXX BTC in the past week from gox and it took a couple of hours.

I left out an x, its actually xxxxBTC.
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:18:55 PM

Hello,

(...) Normally BTC transactions may occasionally be a delay (1~24 hours) depending on network congestion, your internet connection speed and the time required to get 6 confirmations on the network. However as its xxxBTC it takes time as we will not be able to provide an exact ETA however it will take 1 to 2 weeks depending on the the network congestion.Your BTC is not stolen,its an automatic process so we will not be able to manually process the transaction.We request you to wait and we will continue to check this as well. (...)
Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

What a load of bollocks, Gox support  Angry

Bigger transactions qualify for no network fee and are relayed straightaway.
We all know how long does it take for 6 confirmations.
And... your internet connection speed? Network congestion? Really?
What a fscking load of bollocks.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
yz (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:22:00 PM

Hello,

(...) Normally BTC transactions may occasionally be a delay (1~24 hours) depending on network congestion, your internet connection speed and the time required to get 6 confirmations on the network. However as its xxxBTC it takes time as we will not be able to provide an exact ETA however it will take 1 to 2 weeks depending on the the network congestion.Your BTC is not stolen,its an automatic process so we will not be able to manually process the transaction.We request you to wait and we will continue to check this as well. (...)
Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

What a load of bollocks, Gox support  Angry

Bigger transactions qualify for no network fee and are relayed straightaway.
We all know how long does it take for 6 confirmations.
And... your internet connection speed? Network congestion? Really?
What a fscking load of bollocks.

Gox support is BS, I've come to conclude that they are a bunch of outsourced workers in India with no real power to make any decisions.
I've asked over 10 times to speak to a supervisor and all I keep getting is that our supervisor has no authority to manually process your transaction, even though it hasn't even been processed and therfor I have 0 unconfirmed transactions pending.
zeroblock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:22:11 PM

Hello,

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

Is there any way you could take a screenshot of your conversation?  Finding out the truth behind this is of the utmost importance... the implications would be huge.
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:33:51 PM

Nobody wants to hear this, but Gox is broke.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
yz (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:35:06 PM

how can they be broke, when all they do is make money from transaction fees?
Are they using my money for something else?
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:38:46 PM

how can they be broke, when all they do is make money from transaction fees?
Are they using my money for something else?

Ask Tradehill or CryptoXchange where all the money went. 

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Han

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:50:26 PM

If they're broke, why did they make their recent acquisitions of bitcoin businesses? Or was that not so recent? I don't remember the dates.
zeroblock

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:51:21 PM

If they're broke, why did they make their recent acquisitions of bitcoin businesses? Or was that not so recent? I don't remember the dates.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Han

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:59:03 PM

I seem to recall reading here or on some bitcoin website that MtGox has bought out some small bitcoin businesses and people were complaining that they did this instead of fixing core issues, but now I can't find the link. Does anyone else remember reading the same thing?
yz (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:09:50 PM

Hello,

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

Is there any way you could take a screenshot of your conversation?  Finding out the truth behind this is of the utmost importance... the implications would be huge.

If this isn't resolved soon, I'll publicize all the chat logs.
zeroblock

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:05:58 PM

Hello,

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

As much as I dislike Gox, I'm not going to believe a word you say until you post those chat logs.
Han

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:07:33 AM

Hello,

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

As much as I dislike Gox, I'm not going to believe a word you say until you post those chat logs.

Same here. You are making extraordinary claims about a heretofore unprecedented event, even for MtGox. Prove it or no one will believe you.
CorvusCorax

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 04:44:27 AM

I don't use Mt. Gox so I may be way off base here, but, are you sure you didn't just withdraw it to the wrong bloody address?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: