Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:38:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Mobo + CPU + RAM combo - good enough for gaming...  (Read 463 times)
Damnsammit (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:25:43 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 01:16:34 AM by Damnsammit

I have all of the other things necessary to build a gaming computer.  Currently using some old stuff I had laying around... got a Core2Duo@1.8GHz with 2GB RAM and it is just not beastly enough for any serious gaming.  

Unfortunately (for me) I got my wife and kiddo addicted to Final Fantasy this weekend, so I need to get upgraded soon.  

Been using http://www.cpubenchmark.net/ while browsing for new CPUs and it looks like mine is right around a score of 1000 on that site.  Anything twice as fast or more would be ideal.  My biggest thing is that my Mobo only supports 4GB RAM, so I definitely need to get another one to beef up my memory.

Not wanting to spend a whole lot, and would like someone trust worthy who could ship quickly.

PM or post here.  Thanks!

EditStill entertaining offers, but my dad might have all of the parts that I need!
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BeepBeep2

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:07:30 PM

I have all of the other things necessary to build a gaming computer.  Currently using some old stuff I had laying around... got a Core2Duo@1.8GHz with 2GB RAM and it is just not beastly enough for any serious gaming.  

Unfortunately (for me) I got my wife and kiddo addicted to Final Fantasy this weekend, so I need to get upgraded soon.  

Been using http://www.cpubenchmark.net/ while browsing for new CPUs and it looks like mine is right around a score of 1000 on that site.  Anything twice as fast or more would be ideal.  My biggest thing is that my Mobo only supports 4GB RAM, so I definitely need to get another one to beef up my memory.

Not wanting to spend a whole lot, and would like someone trust worthy who could ship quickly.

PM or post here.  Thanks!
How much are you willing to spend?
Just CPU, Motherboard, RAM?
I would be willing to entertain CPU and motherboard.

ASUS M3N78-AM AM2+ Micro-ATX board takes up to DDR2-1066, this board is nothing fancy, a bare minimum board. 2 DDR2 slots, you will need 4 GB dense DIMMs for 8GB RAM.
Phenom II X4 955 BE, should overclock to about 3.6 GHz okay on this board.

~1.33 BTC + shipping.  RAM you could get from ebay, since your machine already runs 2 GB RAM you could keep it or add to it.

BTC: 184DMeGc6E7CoQVH3A9NvcCuRVRcv3wE2Y | LTC: LP4iqohSWKiws4j9jTTnqd89EEffEymsoJ
Join Cryptsy, which is now faster than ever! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=102995
Damnsammit (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:25:56 PM

That CPU + Mobo seems much better than what I have now, but I would definitely need to upgrade the RAM.

Let me get back with you and see if I can snag up some DDR2 RAM that could fit in there.  I think my brother has extra DDR3, so I was hoping to find a Mobo that I could throw that in there with...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: