Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:32:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lifetime of GTX 1080 TI  (Read 184 times)
Palcinko (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:51:35 PM

Hello Minners!

I am about to buy Nvidia GTX 1080 TI for minning and I am wondering what is the lifetime of such a gprahic card in case that I care about the conditions of use. 70-75% performance with good cooling.

I know it is like a car and from time to time it can just stop working. But if we are talking in average numbers what is the lifetime of graphic card used for minning?

Thank you for your help!
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sundownz

Activity: 714
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 03:01:34 PM

I have personally had (and sold with people still using them) cards last 4 years... have just needed to replace the fans on them after a few years.

This is not every card, of course... I've also had cards randomly fail after 6 months.

But it seems like, in my experience, if they go past ~2 years or so they'll keep on rolling for quite a while as long as they are kept cool and clean.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:16:03 PM

Hello Minners!

I am about to buy Nvidia GTX 1080 TI for minning and I am wondering what is the lifetime of such a gprahic card in case that I care about the conditions of use. 70-75% performance with good cooling.

I know it is like a car and from time to time it can just stop working. But if we are talking in average numbers what is the lifetime of graphic card used for minning?

Thank you for your help!

No clue about nvidia. I've had a bunch of 470s running for 1.5 years now. Of the like, idk, 40-50 cards I bought, only 2 died on me for no reason. The others are still going strong.

If you keep it within advised temps it should go 2+ years at least.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 03:20:16 PM

I have personally had (and sold with people still using them) cards last 4 years... have just needed to replace the fans on them after a few years.

This is not every card, of course... I've also had cards randomly fail after 6 months.

But it seems like, in my experience, if they go past ~2 years or so they'll keep on rolling for quite a while as long as they are kept cool and clean.

Exactly!

I still have a few old 6990s mining xmr or etn. They're around the 6 year mark.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Palcinko (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:45:48 PM

Thank you guys for your answers!
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:27:52 PM

I picked up a bunch of GTX 970's from another miner after he'd used them for a year, and I ran them for another year without any issues from them - apart from the occasional fan dying, but that's true of any card.  I think as long as you keep them cool, the likelihood you're going to have issues with them is relatively low...

We've been using the latest 10 series from Nvidia, but we've only had those cards running for 6 months or so, so still too early to say but we haven't had a single failure so far, so all signs point to them being very reliable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: