Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:49:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Money Is Political, Not Technical  (Read 16206 times)
Ibas samara

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 11:18:40 PM

In every side of human life always be filled with politics. In my opinion this has become commonplace. For me personally during bitcoin and crypto currency is not harmful, this is not a problem. let people be busy with their politics. We just observe and be careful not to fall into the political error they make.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:39:38 PM

What i think is that money isn't political at all. It is simply an effect or a result of power. In your argument, i understood that money is just a measure of political power, but in fact it is the opposite. Money is only thr result of power a country could amass over other countries. The more power you have, the stronger your currency is.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Wete

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:57:13 PM

Yes, right what your money says, money is a political tool for gaining power. Whatever can be bought with money including self-esteem. pity Cry

🔵 [ BLINKED ] 🔵 [ https://www.blinked.live ] 🔵
RECOMMENDATION PLATFORM THAT DRIVES UP TO 90 PERCENT OF ADVERTISING REVENUE TO USERS
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:24:11 AM

What i think is that money isn't political at all. It is simply an effect or a result of power. In your argument, i understood that money is just a measure of political power, but in fact it is the opposite. Money is only thr result of power a country could amass over other countries. The more power you have, the stronger your currency is.
One thing with money is that it is regulated and that is one way it is protected as a store of value based on some of the economic policies, even though we may be seeing some bad economic policies affecting a lot in most places now. However, looking at the fact that money is always just printed every single time and there is actually no limited supply, which even makes it a whole lot more political.

Nonetheless, we still have to understand the fact that money itself is not political in most sense, as politics is something that could be applicable to almost everything, but the thing is that money is just distributed among just very few people and this is where the whole monopoly thing comes in. However, even in the crypto space at the moment, are we not seeing politics everywhere?
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 01:01:16 PM

Upper decision decided by the economic background!
Politics is a game for rich people! Politics is a process in which various groups make collective decisions, such as ruling a country, and also refers to the supervision and control of a domestic and foreign affairs!
This requires a lot of money to maintain the rule!
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:47:57 AM

The day trading part is the "technical" part people are talking about, otherwise the long term it is of course political.
It is year 2018 already, there is literally very little wars going on like the old days, even wars like 2003 Iraq war which is probably closest real war the world had is no more because people could literally control another country with just money.

You can basically keep putting pressure economically with banning companies sending stuff there and stop accepting stuff from a certain country which would really cripple their economy and that would cause that country to do whatever you want in order to get back on economic track. Look at turkey, they were holding a priest as a prisoner, USA said "no" and ruined Turkeys economy for a while and the priest was of course released right away, right afterwards the economy got back on track. Countries has that power now.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:41:52 AM

In every side of human life always be filled with politics. In my opinion this has become commonplace. For me personally during bitcoin and crypto currency is not harmful, this is not a problem. let people be busy with their politics. We just observe and be careful not to fall into the political error they make.
And that political moves is something that has been used several times to blind a lot of people into believing what the government and all these so called experts want us to believe.

However, we cannot discard the fact that politics actually matter in a way, but one thing for sure is when we are talking about political environments, they are formed everywhere and they are even formed sometimes in the crypto space, as technical as it is. The problem with a lot of people is they always have this mindset of a get rich quick scheme thing and that is what puts them most times in problem.
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:22:52 AM

Indeed, it cannot be denied that politics plays a role in currencies, as in my country, politics is very dominant, it can clearly be felt, the current investment can be connected because before the political year is heating up, political opponents concentrate attacking the economy, especially the exchange rate , because even the slightest increase in the exchange rate of the currency against the dollar, the impact will be felt because it directly touches all sectors of life, so it's true that politics can be a currency controller, do you feel that politics also affects crypto currencies? talking about politics not just focusing on power but rather a process of mastering something that begins with controlling it, now the price of btc is like a pope as a controller, which means the pope has done his politics against cryptocurrency, this is a complicated fact of course
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 12:28:45 PM

It is through cryptocurrency and blockchain that I have being enlighten about the concept of money but as an individual there is nothing I can do about it but as members of the cryptocommunity we can effect change and liberate the masses from the financial darkness orchestrated by our politicians and the elite.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
nur rochid

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 12:42:09 PM

i think a country will determine policy, so that it can affect the strength of their currency. and it comes from political agreement. so i think political world greatly influences direction of their currency movements
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 01:51:29 PM

This truth really struck home as I read this piece by Dr. Steven Englander, a big thinker and expert in currencies and macro-investing who has worked in the Fed, Citi, Lehman Bros., the OECD, etc.

At the center of his conclusion that Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies have no real value proposition is that the top Western currencies have no store-of-value problem.  True, the US is not Zimbabwe, or Venezuela, but is a bright person like himself not aware that a dollar or pound is worth a small fraction of itself decades to a century ago?  Somone else could be forgiven for the oversight, but surely someone of the stature of Dr. Englander should know better.  At least when he writes a long and thoughtful piece like this.

Which brings me to, really, my pet peeve.  We all talk about the technical features of this money or that.  Electronic vs. physical.  Inflationary or deflationary.  Even transactional speed and cost.  But truly, the only things that really matter are political.  (That is, after a money satisfies the basic requirements, which is not a problem here.)

And I'm not even talking about how money affects the distribution of benefits to different political constituents, whether it benefits debtors vs. creditors, etc., etc.  That is a good topic for another time.  I'm talking about something deeper.  Money is political in the truest, most precise, and widest sense of the word.  And the political dividing line is not between left and right, but between the top politicians and bankers, and everyone else.

Money determines how much goes to the elites and their allies, and how much goes to everyone else.  In the service of the political goal of maximizing benefits for the former, all things tend to get distorted.  Not only is the economy twisted into producing too many luxuries for the beneficiaries by providing unstable employment to the rest (because, after all, luxuries are bought, or not, at the whims of the lucky.)  All the mainstream commentary we hear, somehow, only reflects what the elites want us to think.

According to what we now have to call mouth-pieces of the elites, somehow, people always chase bubbles, and always get hurt, because they're irrational, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.  Central-bank money creation is *never* a driving factor.  No, never.

We're living in a lie, and the earlier we wake up to it, the better.  What officials and mainstream media and academics tell us must sometimes be dismissed with: it's just politics.

Yeah, it seems so. But for some people they don't know such stuff like this and they ought to believe that the Government is fair with them.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:54:02 PM

Of course, any money of the states is at the same time an instrument of policy. That is why for a fake state money has always been a very harsh punishment, including the death penalty. Any national money, with the exception of maybe a dollar, is directly dependent on the state of the state's economy and who is able to influence the cash flow, he has real power.
Cryptocurrency has a slightly different nature. It has nothing to do with the economy of any state. However, it cannot be said that one who has a significant amount of a cryptocurrency in demand does not have the potential to acquire power.
zcashplan

Activity: 415
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 06:11:29 AM

This makes sense, but not absolute. When technical companies grow into century-old companies, they will be very close to politics. To know that the biggest user of politics is the enterprise, there is no absolute. In essence, technology is the primary productivity.

AlehandroTheGreat

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 10:22:37 AM

Yes, money now absolutely political and non ethical also politics is now absolutely marketing and marketing is absolutely trending  Wink  Politics=brands and money is their product

bonammeo

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 04:19:08 PM

The subject you give is very good. I think money is both. Nowadays, many people want to do politics, they have to have strong financial resources, and they have to make a commitment to the national economy, which is what most people care about. It means that when you are rich, the higher the ratio of your candidates.
Dimon8

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:20:20 PM

I think money has always been one of the tools of political influence. And in our time, their value and scope has not changed. The "form" of money has changed they have become electronic, invisible, intangible.
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:00:06 PM

In my view, no political politician knows that He can not afford a lot of money from the country's treasury where He serves.
So there are crazy politicians because they are greedy for money in politics due to of the people's treasury. Which is I agreed that it is not
technical in my opinion.
Steinway-Bobb

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:10:18 PM

Normally, money holders are also political holders, who have the power to decide in most important things. In bitcoins, too, large dolphins hold more bitcoins and seem to have the power to decide on the market.
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 05:36:17 PM

Money has always been directly related to state policy. Therefore, always the issue of issuing money was in the exclusive competence of the state power. Forgery of state money has always been very harshly punished, even to the death penalty, because it undermined the foundations of state power.
LeetPoolsOP

Activity: 507

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:14:48 PM

Fiat money is also not backed up by anything. The only really valuable means of payment has always been, is and will be precious metals. I absolutely agree with you that politics is a business that is conducted in many directions. Ordinary people see a different picture of what is happening in politics through the media. But it's not really like that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: